Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Addiction, To anything
Joesus
post Aug 23, 2008, 09:17 AM
Post #91

Supreme God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 601

If you come to know tolle and feel you have mastered the information, Don't stop with Tolle. The more you explore the subject from different directions the more complex subjects show themselves to be simple no matter who is speaking of them. Truth is truth no matter how it is displayed.
The only reason a subject is complex is because the ego cannot contain what is not personal into a personal bibliography.
People have a habit of hovering over one approach, which is why fundamentalists try to protect themselves by making claims to their way as being the only way.
There is one road that leads to Truth but the approach to the road comes from different directions of experience and backgrounds of belief. People who have invested themselves in their way only do so because they have not let themselves experience another approach.
The thing is, they aren't able to until they recognize the approach to the road is simply the approach and not the road which gives them the view of their goals. That road only becomes visible when they let go of the ego.

This brings to mind a question, regarding the comment you made.

One thing I like is that Tolle puts complex ideas in simple terms. He says what many, like Whitehead and Hartshorne already say, but do not say so well.

Is it that Whitehead did not say it so well or that you hadn't fully understood what whitehead had to say in terms of his own experience, or do you think Whitehead was coming from intellect rather than direct experience?
Can you tell the difference? And in your opinion does ones own experience of God determine the ability to understand when someone is speaking of God?

In my own experience the greatest masters do not make God complex, it is only those who do not open themselves beyond their limited ego who create complexity with God because ego doesn't accept anything that doesn't fit in a personally designed box.

The Christian and Buddhist faiths are full of diverse interpretations, even those that assumed the need to cleanse ego from controlling the psyche meant ethnic cleansing or genocide.
Jesus never said anything about killing your brother, but rather to love your brother as you love yourself.

How could this possibly have been complex or translated into wiping out hundreds of thousands of free thinking individuals who were interpreting the message differently than those who professed superiority of knowledge in the complexity of knowing God, and proclaiming the necessity of religious campaigns designed to put free thinking individuals to death?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hussamabd
post Nov 07, 2017, 11:07 AM
Post #92

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 39364

QUOTE(Phi @ Aug 02, 2008, 02:13 AM) *

Anybody care to share some of their experiences of addictions?

yes once i had tv addiction and i read an article about tv addiction that was very useful to me and helped me alot
what i have done are in the following

1-Pick just one or two favorite shows to watch
That is very helpful since it provides more time to do other activities.

Furthermore, since you have chosen the shows, you know that they are of great value as well as precious entertainment.

You would also be more connected with real life; people and things

2-Find a healthy substitute
You can replace TV with other stuff like involving your family in a game night, an evening walk, a game of badminton, or anything that brings all of you together and brings happiness to your hearts.

3-Set a rule that you canít watch TV if the sun is shining
Instead, you have to go for a walk, ride a bike, or get some other kind of healthy physical activity for at least an hour before you can turn on the tube.

4-Get outdoors every night
Go to parties, educational and cultural events or just do some sport like basketball, or maybe you can go on a trip at the weekend.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 03:26 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles