BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Advice for Medicine, Advise me what medicines I should take.
CuppinCake
post Jul 30, 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 26719

Basically I have 3 things I need help with. A daunting task i know, but hopefully I can find the answers here.

1) I have alot of trouble sleeping, I need to know the best thing to take.
2) I have some trouble with anxiety and focus, I'm unable to concentrate in class. I also lack motivation.
3) I want to learn how to Lucid Dream. I have a basic knowledge of how to encourage a lucid dream, however I was hoping to increase the amount of dreams I have as well as make them more vivid somehow. I had a dream where I was flying, but it never seemed the same afterwards.

Generally, I prefer natural things to big Pharma madness. Not sure exactly what I'm looking for, just that I have heard there are solutions in the world of medicine to problems I no longer have time to ignore.

Thanks,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Zizius
post Aug 06, 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 26494

Yoga could help you with all three things-provided you don't have any medical conditions that would make those kind of movements impractical (Yoga of posture and Yoga of meditaion). For insomnia they say the Cradle Rock Posture is beneficial. I know that's probably not the type of medicine you are talking about, but you never know. Also, a Japanese acupressure method for insomnia that has worked for me before: Close your eyes and, using your thumb, apply a gentle but firm pressure to the place where the bridge of your nose meets your forehead and hold it there for three seconds. Remove your thumb for three more seconds and repeat the sequence a couple more times (or more). You might think about cutting down on cafeen if you do coffee alot (for insomnia).

As far as lucid dreaming goes, persistence is an invaluable key...There is a nootropic said to affect dream lucidity/frequency. For the life of me I can't remember what it's called. Should be in the nootropics section on this site if I remember right. Iv'e also been told that nicotine patches do something similar (addictive though).

P.S. How do you know your not dreaming right now? wink.gif
+Quote Post
Zizius
post Aug 15, 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 26494

Oh yeah, Galantamine.

+Quote Post
Saint God
post Jan 24, 2009, 04:20 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 31870

In my opinion for the sleeping, the best thing you could take is melatonin. Melatonin is a natural chemical our bodies use to regulate sleep. It's non addictive and non habit-forming. It works well and helps to promote a restful sleep. You can find it in almost any local retail chain nowadays. I use the Natrol variety. It works well and have vitamin b6 and calcium in it. B6 is also good for sleeping.

For the anxiety and lack of motivation, I would consider them two separate problems with separate treatment or suggestions for help. For the anxiety, I've found some help with Kava Kava.. some people GET anxiety from it, but it's a relatively safe and non habit forming tea you can drink for a concentrated yet relaxed state. The motivation problems probably would be better tackled by some non-medicine means. Taking medicine/drugs to make yourself feel like doing things works in the short term, but you'll find a lot of what helps with focus is addictive. Maybe try a smart drug like piracetam, a friend of mine has luck with it for concentration.

As for dreaming, Vitamin B6 is a readily available supplement that seems to increase not only the frequency of my dreams all on it's own, but also improves the quality of my dreams. Without it, my anxiety from day-time seems to translate over to my sleeping. I get really stressful dreams, it's been a godsend for me.

Hope those suggestions help. Piracetam might be a little more tricky to find, it's usually something you gotta order online, and I didn't read the rules specifically enough to know if posting links to vendors of supplements is allowed. It's likely found fairly easily, but as always you should research anything you take for yourself so you know any downsides, interactions, and whatever other information you want to know.

Melatonin and Vitamin b6 are sometimes available in the same pill, many of the over the counter brands in stores have both (my natrol kind has b6, but I like to take an extra 100 mg's on top of the small amount in the melatonin pill.. seems to give me better dreams. Good luck.
+Quote Post
rotomassmith
post Jul 06, 2010, 01:10 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 32898

The most legitimate pharmacy sites offer comprehensive details on their drug . They also ensure that the consumerís name and confidential information are secured. Here are some tips to remember as you look for a suitable online pharmacy. Make sure the website you choose provides comprehensive information regarding its stock you have to get detail information of this site
+Quote Post
alphonse
post Jul 16, 2010, 10:53 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 32923

Trilombrin is a great drug for nematodes. You can buy over the counter in pharmacies and it costs only Ä 2.75. One dose is usually sufficient to correct the problem.
+Quote Post
Flex
post Jul 17, 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #7

God

Member No.: 5877

Source Naturals Theanine Serine and maybe 1-3mg melatonin at night ought to help out a bunch. Might want to consider tryptophan as well if that doesn't do the trick.

Other than that:

cut down consumption of animal products

regular exercise. 30 min yoga in the morning, focusing especially the neck and shoulders as well as 10 min of walking before class

only consume caffeine from green tea

find something you are passionate about and work towards it (school has a way of killing motivation by destroying passion)

read for pleasure -- will help with attention
+Quote Post
jupiterpitter
post Aug 25, 2010, 07:32 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 33031

Medicine is not a good thing to take for any ill for that you have to do sleep well, make your mind free from stress, depression,and all and do meditation ,exercise and read book ,songs that make your mind relax and free from all worries that is the best medicine to solve all problem.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 04:11 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles