Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Strange Source of Nootropic? Eating Tree Moss
XR500Final
post Jul 07, 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #1

Aspiring

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 21903

One of my favourite fields of study is survival information as well as nootropic enhancement.

Under the foraging rules you simply test a plant if you can eat it by determining if there is a reaction to it on your tongue... This is a simplified version and you should check your reaction on your skin as well...

I was eating standard green tree moss, and noticed a LARGE improvement in clarity and clear focus about 1/2 hour after taking it. I did not eat very much at all.. This effect seems to last about 4 hours, and was found to be repeatable each time I ate tree moss while munching on plant bushes and ferns..

I have been searching diligently but have found VERY LITTLE information on tree moss, and moss in general other than tundra moss is a very rich source of Arachidonic Acid, a Omega 6 fatty acid to be taken carefully in small dosages and is involved in cellular signalling.

I have taken MEGA doses of Piracetam with Oxiracetam, Bacopa Monniera, Remember FX, and what ever limited stuff I can find up here in Canada, but they all paled in comparison to the clarity from eating that tree moss...

I am curious if anyone else would like to eat some moss (I know its rediculous but please try me on this) and let me know if it works as well or not.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Flex
post Jul 08, 2008, 10:43 AM
Post #2

God

Member No.: 5877

What type of moss exactly? I am willing to give it a go, but there are like 20 varieties of moss in the woods around my area...
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Jul 08, 2008, 11:10 AM
Post #3

Demi-God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 4349

QUOTE(XR500Final @ Jul 07, 2008, 11:00 PM) *
One of my favourite fields of study is survival information as well as nootropic enhancement.

Under the foraging rules you simply test a plant if you can eat it by determining if there is a reaction to it on your tongue... This is a simplified version and you should check your reaction on your skin as well...

I was eating standard green tree moss, and noticed a LARGE improvement in clarity and clear focus about 1/2 hour after taking it. I did not eat very much at all.. This effect seems to last about 4 hours, and was found to be repeatable each time I ate tree moss while munching on plant bushes and ferns..

I have been searching diligently but have found VERY LITTLE information on tree moss, and moss in general other than tundra moss is a very rich source of Arachidonic Acid, a Omega 6 fatty acid to be taken carefully in small dosages and is involved in cellular signalling.

I have taken MEGA doses of Piracetam with Oxiracetam, Bacopa Monniera, Remember FX, and what ever limited stuff I can find up here in Canada, but they all paled in comparison to the clarity from eating that tree moss...

I am curious if anyone else would like to eat some moss (I know its rediculous but please try me on this) and let me know if it works as well or not.

Be sure you know what plants you are consuming.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Jul 08, 2008, 12:50 PM
Post #4

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

It makes me wonder if amanita phalloides (death cap mushroom) would pass the tongue test.
+Quote Post
XR500Final
post Jul 08, 2008, 05:15 PM
Post #5

Aspiring

QUOTE(LifeMirage @ Jul 08, 2008, 11:10 AM) *

Be sure you know what plants you are consuming.

Yah, and that is the thing I find quite funny about it all. I have ALL kinds of books on survival information from people who have been doing it for decades. What is really odd, as a case in point is that one book in particular protrays standard 'Field Horsetail' - a weed as a extreme poison not be be eaten. I have eaten plates of the stuff. It does deplete the body of one type of Vitamin B, and you will feel a little weak in the legs for a couple days - but that is about it. So I find even the 'experts' not really totally bang on...

As to the type of moss, its just the plain old green looking stringy moss - I have eaten both the short dark green, and the long stringy stuff that grows in the forest with the ferns... I can recall the same effect, from both types of moss.

I have an entire bag of the stuff coming to me in a couple weeks, will be eating it over time...

A guess another way to put it - and this is actually a biblical reference, is there is a direct reference that you should eat the seeds of the fruit. Well the seeds of the fruit actually contain cyanide. The trick is that cancer cells have an affinity to suffer apoptosis 400x the rate of a normal healthy cell. So in a nutshell eating a few apricot seeds a day will kill any cancer cells in your body - but you will remain healthy...
+Quote Post
XR500Final
post Jul 08, 2008, 05:20 PM
Post #6

Aspiring

QUOTE(Rick @ Jul 08, 2008, 12:50 PM) *

It makes me wonder if amanita phalloides (death cap mushroom) would pass the tongue test.

Let me know... :0

I would comment that I always do this 'within reason' - anything tropical or exotic looking gets checked first...

Let some other dumb ass from 500 years ago die finding out it wasn't edible...
+Quote Post
Zattoo
post Mar 04, 2009, 11:16 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 31942

QUOTE(XR500Final @ Jul 07, 2008, 08:00 PM) *

Well, huperzine-a is derived (I think) from club moss. It may be related.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Mar 04, 2009, 12:01 PM
Post #8

God

Member No.: 5681

QUOTE(Rick @ Jul 08, 2008, 08:50 PM) *

Me too! lol. Dont try this at home kids!
QUOTE(XR500Final)
A guess another way to put it - and this is actually a biblical reference, is there is a direct reference that you should eat the seeds of the fruit. Well the seeds of the fruit actually contain cyanide. The trick is that cancer cells have an affinity to suffer apoptosis 400x the rate of a normal healthy cell. So in a nutshell eating a few apricot seeds a day will kill any cancer cells in your body - but you will remain healthy...
What fruit exactly? The fruit from the Tree of Life or Knowledge?...

I also find it odd that as well as finding a little-known natural nootropic, you've also got the cure for cancer!

Its amazing what google can do for home-remedies!
+Quote Post
wilma
post Mar 23, 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 31984

QUOTE(XR500Final @ Jul 07, 2008, 09:00 PM) *

+Quote Post
wilma
post Mar 23, 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(XR500Final @ Jul 07, 2008, 09:00 PM) *

+Quote Post
wilma
post Mar 23, 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #11

Newbie, there is a supplement made from club moss called huperzine A. You can buy it as a supplement in capsule form. Its structure is actually more like an drug than an herb. It can be taken to improve memory and actually has been shown to work as well as the drug Aricept. I noticed a difference right away at a dosage of 50 mg. It did cause a headache so I probably will not continue. The only one I seem to tolerate well is olmifon. taking more than one per does cause insomnia. Vinpocetine works very well but also causes inso.mnia
+Quote Post
muffs
post Jun 11, 2011, 01:31 PM
Post #12

Unregistered

QUOTE(XR500Final @ Jul 07, 2008, 08:00 PM) *

I wouldnt mind trying this out. What part of canada do you live in? Im just asking because maybe the moss you fond is only available in certain places.
+Quote Post
LeeCrostM.D.
post May 16, 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 34248

QUOTE(wilma @ Mar 23, 2009, 10:10 PM) *

Newbie, there is a supplement made from club moss called huperzine A. You can buy it as a supplement in capsule form. Its structure is actually more like an drug than an herb. It can be taken to improve memory and actually has been shown to work as well as the drug Aricept. I noticed a difference right away at a dosage of 50 mg. It did cause a headache so I probably will not continue. The only one I seem to tolerate well is olmifon. taking more than one per does cause insomnia. Vinpocetine works very well but also causes inso.mnia

L-Huperzine A is a compound found in the herb Huperzia serrata. Many nootropics can cause temporary headaches or head pressure but generally they go away with time. If they are ever painful or severe (which is extremely rare) or do not go away within a week or so I would recommend discontinuing usage.

What dose and time of day did you take Vinpocetine?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 03:02 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles