BrainMeta'                 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> God/Religion a creation of the powerfull human mind ?/!
YoungS
post May 28, 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #1

Awakening

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 22980

This is a forum about the human brain so I think i'm at the right place to suggest to start a topic about this.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joesus
post May 28, 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

Good topic heading. Can't wait to see if you actually have something to say about it.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post May 29, 2008, 08:10 PM
Post #3

God

From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Member No.: 4838

QUOTE(YoungS @ May 28, 2008, 02:11 PM) *

This is a forum about the human brain so I think i'm at the right place to suggest to start a topic about this.
As a unitheist/panentheist, while I respect theists, I find it impossible to think of gods, or of a person called God. This is why I prefer to use the acronym GØD, or GOD--all goodness, order and design. Orthodox Jews write G-d, for the same reason. For details, check out:
http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15465
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post May 29, 2008, 11:24 PM
Post #4

God

Member No.: 5681

We are the Universe experiencing itself. That is God, we are God, all is God. Everything else is semantics and personal taste.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post May 30, 2008, 05:18 AM
Post #5

God

From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada

QUOTE(trojan_libido @ May 29, 2008, 11:24 PM) *

We are the Universe experiencing itself. That is God, we are God, all is God. Everything else is semantics and personal taste.
TL, then how come our host designates you "demi-God", while I am getting the full Monte, "God"? biggrin.gif

But seriously, you are on the money. Now all we need to do is: bear witness of our status to all we meet, by our actions. Otherwise, we are hypocrites.

THE IDEA IS NOT A NEW ONE
BTW, nearly 2000 years ago, Jesus said a similar thing. Check out John 10: 34, "... I have said, you are gods". Then , in John 17: 20-24 he elaborates on this concept.
============================
THE GREAT SCIENTIST, PHILOSOPHER AND MATHEMATICIAN, Alfred North Whitehead, In his book, Science and the Modern World, said, long before Tolle and others spoke of the Now:

"In a certain sense, everything is everywhere at all times."

For the mathematical roots of Whitehead's cosmological thought check out:

http://www.religion-online.org/showarticle.asp?title=2365

THE EVERYTHING (that is, total sum of everything physical, mental and spiritual, in the Now) THAT IS EVERYWHERE AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Interesting.

And, to me it sounds like a good definition of what I have in mind when I say, G(null)D, or GOD.
Keep in mind: I have to write it two ways, because, except in my signature, my 'puter keeps changing the acronym, G(null)D, which I like, into G,D.

BTW, orthdox Jews write 'G-d'--for the same reason I use GOD or G(null)D--to make us aware that, for them, G-d is not a person, thing or an it.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post May 30, 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #6

Supreme God

John 17 a translation from the Aramaic texts (the Peshitta) By George Lamasa. The comments following the verses are my own..

1 Jesus spoke these things, and then he lifted his eyes to heaven and said, O my Father, the hour has come; glorify they son, so that thy son may glorify thee.

( As Jesus was speaking the "looking to heaven" was the conscious connection of his soul to the absolute/God,. Setting an example by vibrational influence and through the intent of leading those who would hear and see he was guiding his disciples to the connecting influence that exists in humanity to unite with God to know God rather than to place the construct of illusion and belief on top of the unbounded spirit of the soul)

2 Since thou hast given him power over all flesh, so that to all whom thou has given him, he may have life eternal.

(To all that have recognized God within themselves in direct contact or experience there can be no failing of vision nor illusions of ego that could lessen the fact that the spirit is immortal and the spirit can and will maintain the flesh for as long as one wishes to maintain it. A statement to the truth of immortality.)

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, that thou are the only true God, even the one who sent Jesus Christ.

(Only one who has direct contact through Christed consciousness can have an experience of God and as such recognize God in ones self and another such as Jesus the Christed or the Son of God)

4 I have already glorified thee on the earth; for the work which thou hadst given to me to do, I have finished.

( I, having become self realized to the extent that there is no distance in my perceptions of reality between God and any object of creation, have established the living link between the absolute and humanity for the growth of human consciousness in the tradition of surrendering all knowledge to my disciples, and to the satisfaction of their growth and establishment in enlightenment .)

5 So now, O Father, glorify me with thee, with the same glory which I had with thee before the world was made.

(Now let there be no distance between the visible and invisible reality of Spirit that exists in me, that has always existed in me even before the manifestation of the world [universe].)

6 I have made thy name known to the men whom thou gavest me out of the world; they were thine and thou gavest them to me; and they have kept thy word.

( I have guided the men that were ready to know the Christ within, to self realization, they were of god and now have become god and are strong in their spiritual connection.)

7 Now they know that whatever thou has gtiven me is from thee.

( Now there is no mistake in their perceptions of reality. Consciousness recognizes consciousness, and as they are united with God in experience there is nothing other that they will see other than the consciousness that flows through me from its source in all the actions [miracles] that I do)

8 For words which thou gavest me I gave them; and they accepted them, and have known truly that I came forth from thee, and they have believed that thou has sent me.

( As conscious recognizes consciousness and unity of mind body and soul is experienced in the awareness and experience of the absolute they know the voice of God [holy spirit] and as such they know that I am One voice that is not of the ego but of God as it resonates within them.)

9 What I request is for them; I make no request for the world, but for those whom thou has given to to me; because they are thine.

(I direct my attention to those who are ready to hear more. To the world that is blinded and deaf, I do not waste time and energy in trying to convince them of their sovereignty. But to the innocent who are listening they are already connected to the absolute and hear the voice of God in and amongst their dying impressions of ego and illusion. For what I do and ask is in surrender to the will of God and the evolution of humanity)

10 And everything which is mine is thine; and what is thin is mine; and I am glorified by them.

( When a man knows God within there is no distance between God and creation. There are no boundaries of limitation. When one knows God within they automatically glorify with their sight everything that is, in creation. And as such I live in complete surrender to the will of God. My will is your will, your will is my will, that is the essence of Unity.)

11 Hereafter I am not in the world but these are in the world; and I am coming to thee. O holy Father protect them in thy name, which thou has given me, that they may be one even as we are.

( For me there is no illusions for I am in the world but not of it. I am spirit and there is no illusion of ego left in me to draw me outward and away from that fact. However these disciples still have remnants of illusion and of suffering that is of the ego and the world, they can be still mistaken at time to judge from the illusions of the world. May they be focused and strong enough to maintain the link that is the christed consciousness so that they may become eternally united, in stabilized unity consciousness, and to be in the world but not of it.)

12. While I was with them in the world, I protected them in thy name; those whom thou gavest me I protected, and not one of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled.

(In this incarnation I have taught and stablized the experience of God within the students that have come to me. I have guided and ensured that there is no doubt of the existence of the absolute God within them and their ability to surrender themselves to the inevitability of certain evolutionary mandates within the human race, except for one who wavers. (Judas who was struggling between the destiny of his soul and the projection of Jesus' purpose in this incarnation and his personal ideas of how Jesus should become a living King to destroy the Roman empire)

13. Now I am coming to thee; and these things I speak while I am in the world, that my joy may be complete in them.

(Referring to the upcoming crucifixion which he was well aware of, he was making a statement to the desire to stabilize Unity within his disciples so that they would join him not only in the awareness of God in the forthcoming event in the crucifixion but that they join him in his omniscience for all time. Because every man has free will he could not make them be anything, miracle power does not invade the free will of human spirit)

14. I have given them thy word; and the world hated them, because they were not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

( I have led them to their enlightenment and the ego in the world that is of the world has fought their teachings just as the ego has fought my words in my Teaching.)

15 What I request is not that thou shouldst take them out of the world, but that thou shouldst protect them from evil.

( Jesus was setting forth a living link between them that should remain even after the crucifixion)

16 For they are not of the world as I am not of the world.

(For they have the eyes to see and the ears to hear that are the trademarks of Christ Consciousness/Enlightenment)

17 O Father, sanctify them in thy truth, because they word is truth.

( Absolute reality, bind the Christ within those who have come to see, for all other is illusion and there is nothing other than the absolute One.)

18 Just as thou didst send me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.

( Just as I came into this incarnation consciously with the connection that exists between my purpose and Union I have become the living example of that Universal mind to those who have in their lifetime become aware of God within, and have planted the seeds of human destiny within their minds.)

19 And for their sakes, I am sanctifying myself, so that they also may be sanctified in the truth.

(By making statements of truth in manifestation I am affecting a living resonance in the fabric of time and space so that it may linger in the foundations of their creative efforts to be drawn upon in any future moment that they are still active on Earth)

20 I am not making request for these alone, but also for the sake of those who believe in me through their word.

( I am leaving this mark upon the fabric of space and time for all of those who are ripe and ready to become self realized. For anyone who tunes their vibratory essence to the absolute, the omnipresent God shall remain as a guiding light to lead them to their stability in union and enlightenment.

21 So that they all may be one; just as thou, my Father, art with me, and I am with thee, that they also may be one with us; so that the world may believe that thou didst send me.

( So that they will be conscious and realize that everything is the absolute and the absolute is everything, and in enlightenment shall be conscious of the perfection in creation and the intelligence that is guiding and expanding all of humanity as I was that living example.)

22 And the glory which thou gavest me, I gave to them; so that they may be one just as we are one.

( Just as that living presence lived through creation and guided me so I am a living example of Universal mind and by default am teacher to those who seek enlightenment.
[ In his previous incarnation as Elisha, Elijah (John the baptist) was his living teacher])

23 I with them and thou with me, that they may become perfected in one; so that the world may know that thou didst send me, and that thou didst love them just as thou didst love me.

( From Teacher to student in unity, pure knowledge of truth is passed on to the disciple by tradition so that the perfection of Truth is maintained in its purity for future generations.)

24 O Father, I wish that those whom thou has given me may also be with me where I am, so that they may see my glory which thou has given me; for thou hast loved me before the foundation of the world.

( For all those who seek God within shall experience God as the Pure Love and Truth that has existed and has always existed before Time and space was known.)

25 O my righteous Father, the world did not know thee but I have know thee; and these have known that thou hast sent me.

( God the absolute, is unknown to the ego, But I am a living example of human consciousness living beyond ego and those who have risen above ego know God the absolute in me as they know it within themselves.
Consciousness recognizes consciousness)

26 And I have made thy name known to them, and I am still making it known, so that the love with which thou hast loved me may be among them, and I be with them.

(As their teacher I have led them to their enlightenment thru the pure surrender of the voice of god [Universal mind] and I am still purely surrendered to that voice only, so that there be nothing other than the absolute mind in their perceptions of reality and union of the absolute in the manifestation of myself and themselves.)
+Quote Post
YoungS
post May 31, 2008, 03:43 AM
Post #7

Awakening

I started this topic because more than the half of the world still believes 'god' excist and in many cultures it is still taboo to openly speak about his excistens.

I know it's the creation of the powerfull human mind(!) and I think I have a good explanation for it.

After I became (full blown)psychotic, first thing I had to was educating myself that I was suffering from a brain desease, and it all made sense so the second thing was banning religion (also paranormality, spirituality, telepathie etc.) Now I did not hear 'god' his 'profets' or 'disciples' but it comes close to it, I heard the 'devil' and an 'angel' (freaky shit, I know!) If I was strong religious I might as well heard 'god' etc. So it slowely all came together to jump to conclusions.

Nowadays the schizophrenics that claim to hear 'god', 'satan', 'profets', 'disciples' with a persisting psychosis or the ones that have no illness insight are locked up in an asylum, maybe for life (and of course we got the ones that make the stigma bigger on us, are in jail, I don't further want to say anything about them). In other words the 'profets' were how it called nowadays schizophrenic without getting psychiatric help because there was no psychiatry back then.

When talking to religious (also my own family) people about his excistens, I keep coming up with sharp questions till there religious ignorance takes over and get offended really quick (I admit that I was the same before the illness).

The main questions I make to religious people are: Where is religion based on? on a book where every 'wise men' changed religion with there own interpertation? On 'profets' claiming to hear 'god'? if so, there are so many new 'profets' on this world why do they call them crazy and lock them up? Did u met 'god'? if so, what proof do you have? Is religion because of the fear that after death there is no such thing as heaven? etc. To continue my question spree I like to hear from those who think 'god' is not created by the human mind..

+Quote Post
Joesus
post May 31, 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #8

Supreme God

I started this topic because more than the half of the world still believes 'god' excist and in many cultures it is still taboo to openly speak about his excistens.

Survey says more than 90% which is substantially more than half. Few cultures still live in the dark ages where God is taboo, but God is controversial in all cultures, largely due to the ego.

The main questions I make to religious people are: Where is religion based on?

I would change the question to what rather than where, and I would answer the question with experience of God, that'd be in everything and everywhere.

on a book where every 'wise men' changed religion with there own interpertation?

Books are written either by wise men who have come to self realization or by those who are not self realized and are writing about their interpretations of wisdom and experience of someone else, which is really the experience of themselves having an experience of someone or something else. In this case the subject matter has little to do with the subject of religion but personal beliefs about religion.
In the case of the bible, the subject matter was written long after Jesus died and what was recorded was the experience of the disciples as they lived and learned from Jesus when he was alive. Then that was translated into different languages often without any conscious awareness of the messages within the words that were translated.

On 'profets' claiming to hear 'god'?

People who follow others without being able to touch God themselves are not religious but superstitious.
Those who claim to hear or experience God cannot give their experience to anyone else and so those who claim God doesn't or does exist without the experience of God have no way of substantiating the reality of God or the non reality of God without direct experience, but they can speculate.
Religions have rallied themselves around speculation but it is not speculation that generally drives them to fanaticism but rather an inner drive to experience more when they refuse to believe such a vast universe has nothing to offer but negativism and a short life with nothing but death to look forward to.

Basically religions rally themselves around a vibrational influence that exists beyond the veils of human ego.
Those who have touched God and have that absolute connection to their mind body and soul enlivened in conscious awareness, touch others who are receptive to the unbounded qualities of life.
Humans then put that quality into words, and words lower the quality into descriptive definitions that fit into the boxes of human limitation. It is the natural tendency of any river to be connected to its source rather than to be separate from it. Humans tend to fantasize about reality and create illusions about their source when they have so long lived without any conscious connection to it. It is like a person who has amnesia and can't remember the past. We have come into each lifetime without the knowledge of past lives and the connection to our source. When someone remembers and begins to speak of it, it triggers in some the vibration of memories long forgotten.
For the ego it is a death song and if the ego has enough influence on the mind it will react violently against it.

if so, there are so many new 'profets' on this world why do they call them crazy and lock them up?
Some of them really can't cope in this world of limitations with the reality of God or no God, and as such cannot commune with their subjective and objective world.
People who cannot cope with that behavior put those who can't live to their expectations where they can be less of a disturbance to the majority. This does not mean they are having and experience of God or not having an experience of God. Only one who experiences God would know whether they were, and since science doesn't substantiate a pattern for God it does not have a way to deal with God other than to put it on hold, or to deny it altogether.

Did u met 'god'? if so, what proof do you have?
Proof of the pudding is in the eating, my teacher would say. For the mind that is closed there is no receptivity to God and so there is no taking ones experience and handing it to another. One can guide one to their own experience but receptivity is largely dependent on ones state of mind or freedom of will.

Is religion because of the fear that after death there is no such thing as heaven? etc.

Religion is sometimes the unenlightened approach to lack of experience. It can be a belief system based on the inner impulses that exist in everyone, that connects human to human and human to the universe. It is what drives man to be both religious and scientific. Religion is both belief and the ability to question and reason, and eventually leads to experience when the limitations of negativity are dropped

To continue my question spree I like to hear from those who think 'god' is not created by the human mind..

What created the human mind and the universe? Ask yourself which came first the chicken or the egg, God or the manifestation of the evolution of humanity?

The human mind is not the creator of God, only definitions of God, one who says they believe in God dies and the notion of God still exists in another and another and it continues to be a part of humanity and has been a part of humanity for as long as humanity has been in existence.
You have to ask yourself if what you believe and experience is the exact same thing another believes and experiences. Sure we can share variations to a theme but no two humans have exactly the same experiences. Even twins do not share the same destiny or nervous system.
Humans have free will and even those who say they don't believe in God have in their minds a concept of God based on the sharing of ideas but not the sharing of experiences. This makes each ones idea and belief individual not the same. Even the experience of God is different for each. God may be the same but no two people can claim the same experience. Even the continuing experience of God evolves and changes. simply because God cannot be contained in any experience or form.

For some the experience of God outweighs any idea and cannot be contained in an idea but can be described with ideas and concepts that are the languages of the human race.
Simply saying prove to me God exists or I will not accept that God exists is just a childish game. Eventually we all return to where we came from and there we drop all concepts based on 3 dimensional belief systems and limitations.
Intellect has a way of expanding in spite of our habitual tendencies to grasp onto the past, the proof is in our technological and spiritual evolution. This is not a genetic privilege set aside for humans, it is inherent in all of the universe, actually it is the nature of God.
The concepts such as the earth being flat are replaced with larger more intelligently comprehensive concepts. One or two hundred years from now we will have replaced the majority of our scientific beliefs with futuristic beliefs based on the accumulated knowledge of experience and understanding. I think someone claimed our technology is advancing exponentially where intellectual growth is far ahead of our educational systems ability to keep up. We teach our children from books that were written 10 years ago and as new things are discovered they approach the boarder lines of believability based on what the world understands and experiences.
God is not a thing that can be dissected. That is just small thinking. One has to actually have an open mind to allow God to come into the field of vision otherwise the vision that one has by wearing blinders never really gives one the appreciation for the fullness that exists in potential and power in the universe let alone within ones self.
The distortions of God and what God wants are evident in the historic actions of the past such as in the Holy Brothels, Christian holy wars, the Spanish inquisition and even in modern warfare where fanatics believe God is on their side in the beliefs of persecution and spiritual Jihad.
These ideas do not make God and as such can leave a bad taste in the mouth of those who know better in their own hearts that God could not be so limited to be subjective to one form or system of belief.

Humanity is still waking up to its inheritance and as such most are still children regardless of their intellectual dominance in the fields of science and art as they are now in this present moment of time.
Our own scientists have made discoveries regarding the technologies of past civilizations and one can hope that we will not end up as those civilizations of the past who have destroyed themselves with their science because they fought amongst themselves as they do when it comes to the subject of science and religion.

God gives us the power of choice. God does not demand we destroy ourselves or hurt one another. We choose to do that and as such we often choose to create God in mans image.

We are however created in Gods image of free choice and the ability to dream and create without being tied to one idea or concept. As we evolve in our awareness of who we are and what the universe consists of, we allow ourselves to be more receptive to the immensity of potential which lives inside of us. That is God and it never can be contained in any religious belief or any experience.
One need only touch that once to know that it is real.

Alignment with that then becomes the process of enlightenment...
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post May 31, 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #9

God

YoungS, the feedback you just received from Joesus is similar in many ways to what I would give you. For me, GØD, or GOD is the sum and total of all that I have experienced, will experience and experience in the eternal now.

However, as a unitheist/panentheist--Did you google these? Or check out Wikipedia?-- I would never say, "God gives us the power of choice" or "God does not demand we destroy ourselves or hurt one another."

I find it impossible to picture gods, or a God, in human-like terms. Indeed, I find it impossible to picture all of GØD, or GOD, at all. I accept that, as a human being, it is not possible for me to understand the ineffable--that which is beyond understanding.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post May 31, 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #10

Supreme God

I find it impossible to picture gods, or a God, in human-like terms. Indeed, I find it impossible to picture all of G�D, or GOD, at all. I accept that, as a human being, it is not possible for me to understand the ineffable--that which is beyond understanding.

God, beyond being encapsulated in experience does not mean God is beyond experience nor does it mean God cannot be experienced in Human form. Jesus spoke of being One with the Father and as such could without limitation express God in human terms. In fact he showed humanity what they could not believe was normal to the definition of human form and perception.
Humans are multidimensional creatures with the ability to become self aware not only of their manifest condition but their inherent source of power in consciousness itself. God does not will as a separate entity that humanity follow any course in choice, and as we destroy ourselves it is not of Gods will to separate and contract but of human choice based on the ego and its relative values. That we fight over issues that have no value of need or necessity to the reality of consciousness as it exists is not an endeavor of love but it is supported by a love similar to that of a parent that allows their children to grow into intelligent comprehension by experiencing the mechanics of choice.
What God has built into humanity is choice to align or not align with the Inherent construct of spirit which is in the expansion of love through the experience of creation.
This is the difference in experiencing Consciousness as it experiences itself and describing consciousness in terms that are relative to human ego and in principles of reason. Someone said the heart knows no reason and this is true for those who follow faith will often move past the boundaries set by reasoning to seek that which relative thinking says is impossible.
Ego thinks God sees values within creation that mirror the current state of human understanding. But God lives to expand love and that love is the potential that exists in the support of all aspects of creative impulse from birth to death, from sending a valentine to stabbing your mother in the eye with an ice pick.
Creativity: it is the natural function of cause and effect, and the natural mechanical function relative to how intention or focus navigates creative force within the universe.
God seeks as a natural part of itself to evolve and expand just as a tree has within it the built in tendency to branch out and rise to greater heights in the experience of itself. This is not of need but of natural properties that are way beyond the limits of definition.

What God creates is not with the intention to create good over evil for duality is the manifestation of opposites. In today's world we are all too familiar with the concepts of Good and evil and who can imagine a God that would allow evil to exist or to intentionally create a distraction from the good?
For those who demand that God is good and the evil having its own powers counter to God do not know God, for God is in the field of absolute being which is not separate from the manifest as it emerges from the absolute but has no attachment to the creative forces which paint the pictures of reality through intention and desire.
In any war there are two sides which represent the struggle between the holy spirit and the ego.
As man evolves from the separation of God and ignorance, he identifies with the body first and then eventually grows out of the body and into his immortal self. He also learns that Gods will is his own will for God is not separate from him. As one becomes enlightened all actions then are not born of the individual but for the expansion of the universe.
War then becomes not a holy thing, nor a fight between values created by individuals, but the mirror of the human intellect as it struggles within itself for freedom from limitation and identity and it includes the natural inherent spirit that supports the illusions of identity along with the properties of evolution and growth. That is the way we experience it here on Earth. This is one civilization and one classroom only. There are an infinite number of universes and classrooms and the human spirit exists in many evolutionary stages and some beyond the imaginings of the limited concepts that human ego can grasp as it isolates itself within its limited scope of reality of being someone, somewhere, at some time.

As a unitheist/panentheist Lindsay you must accept that the definition fits your beliefs rather than any construct needed by consciousness to remain as consciousness. Words to accommodate your current stage of comprehension less the experience of being God but in theory, the concept of being God.
It is only the human ego that must define itself in its ability and its limitations, and to remain a part of God rather than to be God which is without the constraints of egoic title.
To be a part is to understand separateness and fragmentation, or not understand God. To be God is to live without the need and reason of understanding but the flow of being both understanding and non understanding which is without the constraints of identity that is ego.
All that is, is all that is without relative reason and without being anchored at any time within the reason of relativity. It can be labeled but goes by no label in and of itself, for it is all labels and none at all.
To be, or not to be, or, to becoming...The constant is in the invisibility of spirit that eludes the ego and its necessary function to label itself along with the inability to adapt to the changing/ineffable spirit.

Its difficult to put a label on something that does not maintain any permanent image. So God is given a definition by labeling association to reason, and that reason being supported by the current administration of collective thoughts, based on past experiences.
The ego becomes something and everything is something or nothing. The Spirit is becoming and is more than all that is or ever will be because whatever is by title has a nature of impermanence, where God behind all impermanent definitions and labels is a constant. It is more than nothing and also beyond the confines of a something. It exists when all perceptions of sense that is physical or attached to the body are loosened, when the body dies and consciousness itself remains. But the body does not have to die in order to free the mind so that it can experience it just as it is experienced beyond death, that is just a superstitious notion. Consciousness is not bound to the body, only the ego limits itself to the human experience rather than the unbounded consciousness that is its source. One merely need subdue the ego by saying to themselves,"Ego you haven't served me very well, you have been the source of suffering and illusion and I would choose to not limit myself to this condition of such a fragmented identity any more."
Well, that and take on the tools to turn the mind toward consciousness and Self realization.
Good intentions are really meaningless if you are standing still in the cesspool of self absorption.

God does not demand anything, God does not dictate absolutes that are relative to experience because experience can only reflect a thought of the absolute in some form or function.

"As one who lives with the experience of God I can say what is truth because it is not of my own self that I speak."--Jesus
As such Jesus could say he was the Son of God and the Son of Man, both spirit and God/Spirit in human form. Not separate, and certainly not without the ability to describe through experience, the Spirit he was.

To know God is to experience God. To know of God is to take relative values and add a measure of ego to limit God in some form or even a value of infinity. God is not beyond thought or experience, if God was, then God would be limited by being infinite to be relevant, or beyond the scope of experience and thought that is the relative in its multidimensional levels of reality and perceptions that are so diverse within the human imagination/intuition and ability to experience.
God and the relative are never without each other, they exist as One.

For me, G�D, or GOD is the sum and total of all that I have experienced, will experience and experience in the eternal now.

This is quite a bit different than "God is the sum total of all (every ones and every things) experiences" that is and will be, when the "I" limits the experience to the personal.
When speaking to another you separate your experience from their experience, not only reinforcing the separation of yourself from the other but the separation of God in one and another. It is true that individual experience of God is limited by the ego and the experience of individuality but it is still the same God, not a part or fragment of God.
IF God is all then God is more than the sum total of the personal 'I", or ego experience, it is more than the sum total of all egoic individual experiences. It created and is the ego and its ability to individualize itself which makes God more than the sum total of the egos and their experiences but the creator of ego and experience which is more than a measure of individuals and totals. It is absolute in nature.
Which means there is no more God in one thing nor less God in another to amass a total God in and amongst the numbers.
The manifest is a reflection, rather than the components of God. Which makes the perception of Good and evil within a reflection an illusion of perception based on relative values of the ego.

Why do you believe you couldn't ever understand God? Why can't understanding exist in relative association to experience, or do you also believe you can't experience God? Relative values are like toppings on a cake. They are applied thru notions of the moment. One day the cake has chocolate toppings and then vanilla, or with nuts or icing or no frosting at all. The mind rarely stays in the moment and with ego in charge everything about God is reasoned from past experiences rather than the experience of now.

It would stand to reason that if you can't experience the now you can't experience God. Then any relative association to God would be a fantasy or a projection based on the limited accumulation of reference points within the personal ego rather than reference beyond the limited ego. That'd be reflective of the fascination you have with your own history and your own measure of worth that is invested in what the octogenarian King is, rather than what God is.
This is basically what Jesus meant when he criticized the Pharisees, accusing them of teaching and speaking of God without any personal experience or direct contact that is understanding.

Mt 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

How does one become a minister of God without the experience and understanding of living in communion with the Holy Spirit and God?
Wouldn't that just be a preaching of beliefs, rather than communion with God?

In the beginning was the word and the word was God and the word shall be any word that makes sense to ones individual whims......

Sorta like lending yourself to brain surgery with someone who read about brain surgery rather than actually having been inside of a brain and performed it enough times to know what they were into.
+Quote Post
YoungS
post May 31, 2008, 03:18 PM
Post #11

Awakening

Joesus,

No offence, but I don't know what the hell you talking about, my english is just not that good to understand on how you put those sentences together. I will quote the ones that I do understand..

I would change the question to what rather than where, and I would answer the question with experience that includes everything and everywhere.

That is your interpertation, there are so much religious people still live by the books (bible, qur'an), or what a priest or imam says.

Books are written either by wise men who have come to self realization or by those who are not self realized and are writing about their interpretations of wisdom and experience of someone else, which is really the experience of themselves having an experience of someone or something else. In this case the subject matter has little to do with the subject of religion but personal beliefs about religion.
In the case of the bible, the subject matter was written long after Jesus died and what was recorded was the experience of the disciples as they lived and learned from Jesus when he was alive. Then that was translated into different languages often without any conscious awareness of the messages within the words that were translated.

There are very wise words in holy books, that's true but don't tell me the desciples really saw Jesus walk on water, Turn water into wine, There was something with bread also forgot how that story was or with one touch cure a little ill kid or how Moses opened the sea in half to walk through. Do you believe those things? We live in a world where it more sounds like a fairytail.

[quote]
Some of them really can't cope in this world of limitations with the reality of God or no God, and as such cannot commune with their subjective and objective world.
People who cannot cope with that behavior put those who can't live to their expectations where they can be less of a disturbance to the majority. This does not mean they are having and experience of God or not having an experience of God. Only one who experiences God would know whether they were, and since science doesn't substantiate a pattern for God it does not have a way to deal with God other than to put it on hold, or to deny it altogether.
[/qoute]

I don't really quite understand what you trying to tell me (senteces you use).
Was god not directly speaking trough Jesus, Muhammed, Moses? Commanding/Ordering them to say/do things what lead to Jesus his own death, Muhammed to a war, Moses jeapordyzing many lives to send them into the desert? Hearing voices in/outside the head ordering/commanding things is a typical symptom of schizophrenia.
Back then they were saviours, and not seen as a disturbance to the majority. Now we live in a time where knowledge is power and no one will ever believe that god speaks trough someone. On one hand religious people believe (without real proof) what was 2000 years ago on the other hand the time we live in right now, they are called crazy (because there is no proof), an disturbance to the majority, isn't this hypocracy?

It's late over here and i'm tired, I'll try to read and respond to your post tomorrow, maybe i'll understand more about it.
+Quote Post
YoungS
post May 31, 2008, 03:30 PM
Post #12

Awakening

Hey Lindsay,

[qoute]
unitheist/panentheist
[/qoute]

I think this is new for me, i'll look it up tomorrow, hope I can find it in Dutch for better understanding.

+Quote Post
Joesus
post May 31, 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #13

Supreme God

No offence, but I don't know what the hell you talking about.......................

That is your interpertation, there are so much religious people still live by the books (bible, qur'an), or what a priest or imam says.

It would stand to reason if you don't know what I'm talking about, that you could only answer with the idea that it was an interpretation.
Ask yourself, how do you come up with an interpretation of what I said when you don't know what I said?
I think you are projecting from the experience of not knowing, but thinking about God as you make statements to whether God exists or not.

By the way I agree there are many who live by what they interpret from the Bible or the Qur’an and by following what others interpret. This is the sad state of most religions these days.
Those who were the inspiration for these scriptures lived by what they taught and experienced what most only dream of in communion with God.

There are very wise words in holy books, that's true but don't tell me the desciples really saw Jesus walk on water, Turn water into wine, There was something with bread also forgot how that story was or with one touch cure a little ill kid or how Moses opened the sea in half to walk through. Do you believe those things? We live in a world where it more sounds like a fairytail.

I don't find it necessary to tell you he walked on water, or turned water into wine, or fed thousands with a few loaves of bread and a few fish. You've already made up your mind that the world we live in is the tantamount reason for its impossibility. Just like those who believe things that are written in the bible you believe what you have read and have been told that are relative to the impossibility of miracles.

Do I believe these things? Absolutely. I've seen and experienced a few things in my life that go beyond the normal comprehension of belief and relative laws of science as it is, in its infancy.

By the way who or what is that actually tells you there is wisdom in the bible and the Qur'an? Is it someone else's idea or did you come up with that yourself?

I don't really quite understand what you trying to tell me (senteces you use).
Was god not directly speaking trough Jesus, Muhammed, Moses? Commanding/Ordering them to say/do things what lead to Jesus his own death, Muhammed to a war, Moses jeapordyzing many lives to send them into the desert? Hearing voices in/outside the head ordering/commanding things is a typical symptom of schizophrenia.
Back then they were saviours, and not seen as a disturbance to the majority. Now we live in a time where knowledge is power and no one will ever believe that god speaks trough someone. On one hand religious people believe (without real proof) what was 2000 years ago on the other hand the time we live in right now, they are called crazy (because there is no proof), an disturbance to the majority, isn't this hypocracy?

Relative values that are supposed to be knowledge don't always encapsulate the vastness of the universe.
For every question that is answered by science there are probably at least 10 more questions that come up that are relative to the study of reality.

Jesus, Muahammed and Moses spoke from the experience of union with God regarding the nature of reality. The word of God refers to the absolute potential that exists in all manifestations. It is not in itself a single word tho the Aum or Amen is referred to as the vibration of the universe or the "Word" of God.
Jesus by example in the crucifixion demonstrated that the spirit was stronger than the physical body and everlasting.
Moses led slaves out of Egypt in a representation of freedom of mind body and soul through enlightenment. The Ten commandments were symbolic of the natural laws of cause and effect in how the senses can be turned inward or outward, each having their corresponding affects.
Turning the mind inward releases the mind from its fascination and habitual addictions to beliefs and stresses ingrained in the neural pathways of the mind due to dualistic experiences and limited awareness of reality. Turning the senses outward create habits akin to the relative nature of sensory addictions to pleasure and the aversion to pain along with various bits of information passed on through the majority and its foundation of belief, be they scientific or spiritual.
Being that everyone is different and with different addictions, the outward sense addictions manifest themselves in attachment to symbols that represent psychological freedom from suffering.
Sex, drugs which include alcohol and tobacco, relationships, and other devices of mental and physical distraction like television and the internet are the tantalizing temptresses of instant gratification.

The Ten commandments are actually based on scientific principals.
Those that tend to lean a little more to the right would disagree in that any regard to spiritual intelligence is subject to relative values.
Even Muhammed spoke of the nature of spirituality or of the same things that Jesus and Moses did however they were all at different stages of their evolution and conscious enlightenment regardless of their ability to surrender to the voice and will of spirit in each experience and demonstration of spiritual living.

Each had their own experience because each human experience is unique.
Due to the diversity of human nature and its tendency to become attached to the relative some personalities appeal more to the nature of the surroundings in bringing in the teaching of spirituality.
The teacher always fit the classroom and the comprehensive ability of students.

It's late over here and i'm tired, I'll try to read and respond to your post tomorrow, maybe i'll understand more about it.

Understanding comes with time and experience. Try not to make a rules out of non-understanding. Many do you know. They say, "This is what I understand and so this is the way it must be," while they say to themselves and others, "I don't understand this or that."
It would stand to reason unless you believe there is nothing more for you to learn and understand that you might keep an open mind to possibility rather than to close it because you have a difficult time comprehending what is in your reality.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post May 31, 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #14

God

QUOTE(YoungS @ May 31, 2008, 03:30 PM) *

Hey Lindsay,

unitheist/panentheist

I think this is new for me, i'll look it up tomorrow, hope I can find it in Dutch for better understanding.
In my opinion, the great mathematician and philosopher, Alfred North Whitehead (1861-1947) was a unitheist/ panentheist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_North_Whitehead
http://www.unitheism.org
Warren Farr, an artist, and I coined the word 'unitheism'
For details about my beliefs click on my name and then on my profile.

Whitehead believed that GOD is in and through all things--in the process of evolving along with us. In other words, GOD--all Goodness, all Order and all Design--is not a perfect human-like being who created the universe and then us. GOD is in the whole PROCESS of creation.
He wrote about process philosophy and theology. BTW, his father was an Anglican minister, with whom he had lots of dialogue, even debate.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post May 31, 2008, 08:33 PM
Post #15

God

YoungS:
=======ooo000ooo======
I think of GØD as goodness,
As order and design,
Which lives in perfect harmony
Within this soul of mine.

GØD's not some distant person
Who lives in heaven, apart,
GØD is the One who dwells within
The open, willing heart.

GØD dwells within each one of us,
Whene'er we give the nod,
We all become, with every breath,
Extensions of our GØD.
---------ooo0000ooo--------
Orthodox Jews have always felt uncomfortable about personalizing the 'God' concept. The very word carries too much baggage for them. Therefore, to avoid objectifying 'God' and creating an idol in the mind, when they write the name of the Divine Being, in English, they use the device 'G-d'. In speaking, they refer to the Divine Being as 'Adonai'--the Lord.

Because I agree that this is a problem, at least for me, recently, I started using the symbol--which is all that it is--GØD. In my humble opinion, it expresses the god concept in the theology I call unitheism.

By the way, I believe that it is okay for each of us to come up with our own story of god, and creation.
================================
Posters: Feel free to add your own poems, or ones that you find inspiring.
===============================================
I just got this note from a poster in another forum
http://www.ctr4process.org/relationality/v...php?p=1600#1600

Interesting. And a wonderful poem....... who wrote it might I ask.
What do you mean when you say about us coming up with our own creation? An interesting concept.
+Quote Post
YoungS
post Jun 01, 2008, 04:11 AM
Post #16

Awakening

hey guys i'll respond tuesday when I got my new pc parts, this frustrating b*tch pc keeps crashing.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Jun 01, 2008, 11:35 PM
Post #17

God

Member No.: 5681

QUOTE(YoungS)
Where is religion based on? on a book where every 'wise men' changed religion with there own interpertation?
Religion is based on rational thought. Something is creating all of these systems, there is always a cause. Go far enough in science and you also come to the unknown, or questions science doesnt dare ask.
On 'profets' claiming to hear 'god'? if so, there are so many new 'profets' on this world why do they call them crazy and lock them up?
Hearing someone elses voice in your own head is scary, but its also an amazing work of biology. It just shows the how fluid the mind can be. We all have an angel and demon voice in our minds. Only with both can you arrive at a decision. I don't think there can be anything but false prophets. No one is speaking directly with God on a personal level, however we're all speaking with God on a daily basis if you realise the electrical signals moving through your brain and coming to decisions is based upon an internal dialog with a 'self'.
To continue my question spree I like to hear from those who think 'god' is not created by the human mind..
The mind was created by a physical process, slowly. When the mind was conscious enough to think about its own existence, we began to think about Gods. The concept of God is not just an ignorant mans crutch to hold up his own Ego, it is an inevitable response to the process we're involved in.

So 'God' created the mind and the mind created 'God'. Its circular reference and thats a good way to end this post.
+Quote Post
YoungS
post Jun 03, 2008, 07:56 AM
Post #18

Awakening

It would stand to reason if you don't know what I'm talking about, that you could only answer with the idea that it was an interpretation.
Ask yourself, how do you come up with an interpretation of what I said when you don't know what I said?
I think you are projecting from the experience of not knowing, but thinking about God as you make statements to whether God exists or not.

The most of your post I don't know what you talking about (because my bad english) but I said you have another interpretation of god his excistens than the average of the religious.

You've already made up your mind that the world we live in is the tantamount reason for its impossibility.

No I did not, a miracle for me is the universe itself, the excistens of human beings, how we are capable of curing deseases, how we can go further in science. I'd rather believe that some molucules (or whatever) bumped up in each other and gave us live then god created this all in 7 days (this just sounds nonsense to me). The scienetific theories and explenations of programs on National Geographic and Discovery just makes more sense.

Do I believe these things? Absolutely. I've seen and experienced a few things in my life that go beyond the normal comprehension of belief and relative laws of science as it is, in its infancy.

When you were trippin' on acid? haha just kiddin'! Give me some examples, what things did you experienced? About the profets, I think that they didn't do any of them, it's more likely that they had visions on doing such things what brings me back to symptoms of schizophrenia/drug use.

Each had their own experience because each human experience is unique.

Doing those things would not make them humans (made out of flesh and blood) would it? Jesus said he was the son of god, he got tortured and cruzified, for our sins? Or because he could not proof the miracles he claimed he did or could do?

By the way who or what is that actually tells you there is wisdom in the bible and the Qur'an? Is it someone else's idea or did you come up with that yourself?

No, I just know that it has a collection of standards and values (note: standards and values, might not be the correct translation) in it.
+Quote Post
YoungS
post Jun 03, 2008, 08:11 AM
Post #19

Awakening

Go far enough in science and you also come to the unknown

I agree

We all have an angel and demon voice in our minds. Only with both can you arrive at a decision.

Agree again, I could not come to a dicision in my life on what to do and they (my brain) brought chaos inside my head.

however we're all speaking with God on a daily basis if you realise the electrical signals moving through your brain and coming to decisions is based upon an internal dialog with a 'self'.

Don't agree, genetics, devlopment of the brain, pro's and con's etc. in a human life makes dicisions don't see a connection with god though.

So 'God' created the mind and the mind created 'God'. thats a good way to end this post ;-)
+Quote Post
YoungS
post Jun 03, 2008, 08:31 AM
Post #20

Awakening

unitheist/panentheist

Sound more like a spiritual (connection to god) religion, then christianity and/or islam. Am I right?
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jun 03, 2008, 09:43 AM
Post #21

God

QUOTE(YoungS @ Jun 03, 2008, 08:31 AM) *

unitheist/panentheist

Sounds, to me, more like a spiritual (connection to god) and religion, than Christianity and/or Islam. Am I right?
YoungS, I hope you don't mind: To help you with your English, I have corrected your question to me. BTW (the short way of saying, by the way), from now on I will say that I am a unitheist, which I define in my signature. Okay? BTW 2, please identify who you are quoting.

It would be helpful to me to know: Your approximate age; how familiar are you with the Bible; what religions have you studied and what it is that gives meaning and purpose to your life. For details about me and my interests you can check out my profile.

You mentioned that unitheism sounds spiritual. Check out John 4: 24. There, Jesus, speaking to the Samaritan woman, tells her: "God is Spirit." He did not speak of God as an objective person living on any mountain.
The Greek for 'spirit' is 'pneuma'. It literally means air, wind and/or breath. From it we get words like pneumatic and pneumonia. Air, for the ancients, the people in Jesus' day, was thought to be mysterious and immaterial. They had no idea of modern chemistry. Today, they would probably describe spirit as: the mystery of space, the vacuum beyond the atmosphere.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jun 03, 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #22

Supreme God

The most of your post I don't know what you talking about (because my bad english) but I said you have another interpretation of god his excistens than the average of the religious.

That depends on whether you could comprehend the existence of God in the average religion.

IF you are going to make a comparison you would first have to know what you are comparing it to. IF you are not familiar with the average religion then you couldn't make a comparison. If you are familiar, then what makes your experience of the average religion above the average so that you have an authoritative foundation in which to start?

I'd rather believe that some molucules (or whatever) bumped up in each other and gave us live then god created this all in 7 days

Of course you would, because you think in terms that are familiar to you. That is why I said you have already made up your mind what you want to believe. You would rather, is a statement of preference.
You have taken a stand and are wanting the stand to be dis-proven by someone else rather than to look for the possibilities otherwise through your own ability to open to possibility.
If a person is truly open to possibility they don't put their preferences in front of them when they are moving forward.
If you really want to know what 7 days are then you would have to search a bit deeper into scripture to understand what one day in the life of God is. I suggest you look into the vedic teachings and how they connect to astrology.
You just might find the molecules were moving with intelligence rather than by accident.
The idea that the universe came together by accident in such an order is similar to the idea that the Earth is flat, the imagination is sometimes connected to divine intelligence, and sometimes to the superstition of fear and ego.

When you were trippin' on acid? haha just kiddin'! Give me some examples, what things did you experienced? About the profets, I think that they didn't do any of them, it's more likely that they had visions on doing such things what brings me back to symptoms of schizophrenia/drug use.

Give you some examples? You think the creation of the universe is a miracle, what makes it a miracle?

If you had shown a television set to someone in the dark ages they would have called it the work of the devil. If you had stuck a needle and syringe with medicine into a sick person of the same time, the people would have said that you that you put something of the devil into them.
When Jesus was healing the sick the pharisees said it was the work of the devil.

Go figure people see things they don't understand and the first thing that comes to mind is to condemn the act and the experience from the fear that is stimulated by being in the unknown.
People don't witness and experience miracles because they can't allow themselves to step out of the known and into the unknown.
Several years ago a man came to a medical symposium to speak of a medical procedure that could detect pre-cancerous cells in women. The doctors in the building laughed the young man out of the meeting.
The young man was Georgios Papanikolaou the man who is given credit for the widely used Pap smear.

Anything I tell you is subject to your own ability to believe and you would rather believe what you can understand and what makes sense to you.
You have a way to go before you can make sense of God, because right now you know nothing of God other than what you have been told or what you have read. And what you have read doesn't make sense to you.
A college physics book doesn't make much sense to a 5 year old but then there is always room for growth and experience to prepare the 5 year old for greater comprehension.
Science is driven to answer questions, and sometimes they ask the right questions but they are not always the majority nor the mainstream.
The mainstream intellect is absorbed in books that are written ten or more years ago, and are self absorbed in the media which pumps people up with drama and information that is more of a distraction for the intellect than to really help anyone understand who and what they are.
Schools don't teach the meaning of life because they do not know.

People who are ripe to know are the ones who are opening to spirituality that goes far beyond the mainstream media and Churchianity.
How would you convince me you are ready for a miracle or that you are beyond the limitations of rather believing in one thing and actually open to experience it all?
What makes you different than someone from the dark ages who would cast accusation of dark forces? You've already jokingly thrown out the trippin on acid remark, and I'd say that says alot about your subconscious reactive mind.

Doing those things would not make them humans (made out of flesh and blood) would it? Jesus said he was the son of god, he got tortured and cruzified, for our sins? Or because he could not proof the miracles he claimed he did or could do?

Why couldn't it make them humans of flesh and blood?
Science says an atom is 90% empty space and everything is made of atoms according to science. So what does it mean to be made of flesh and blood that is made of atoms?

Jesus was crucified because he was a threat to the existing hierarchy. What he was doing was beyond the acceptance of those who were losing power and respect as the people were being taught that the ability of survival was not dependent on what others told them, but what they could understand and experience themselves.
The message Jesus was teaching was that universal mind is an intelligence that lives to create universes and that they were just as powerful.
Just as science is learning today that what we think affects the very life within us and that we make ourselves sick by worry, and that we can heal ourselves just as easy by changing the way we think Jesus was speaking to the effect of mind being the master and the body the servant rather than the other way around.
The human body is a microcosmic entity in a larger macrocosm, and the human mind/brain is a tuner for consciousness to connect the relative to the etheric absolute universal mind. The soul is an immortal spark not unlike an atom that can support a physical universe and still be 99% empty space, and it is intelligent as an atom has intelligence.
Anyone can become self aware, witness their thoughts and experience themselves as not the thoughts they are thinking.
But man has habitually taken their senses outward into the physical and identified with the solid matter, that is always breaking down in its temporary state of being.
Death has become the belief of man rather than life eternal. Man would rather believe that by random happenstance he comes into the world of change for a few years in ignorance, accumulating a few memories, ages, becomes invalid and dies, than to believe he is any more than that.
Most would prefer to believe their lives be defined by scientific methods, even tho science in the form of medicine produces doctors who are to be the experts for your health and longevity and have themselves an average lifespan of 60 some odd years.

Jesus was a man who was trying to get a sleeping humanity to awaken to greater thinking, and 2000 years hasn't created much of a change in the way we think about ourselves and how we so easily give our attention to false prophets and politicians who would destroy mankind to accumulate more power.

No, I just know that it has a collection of standards and values (note: standards and values, might not be the correct translation) in it.

Setting standards is the way we objectify our knowledge into rules. It is the way the ego protects its individuality. However, standards are not universal by rule of individuality and are often oriented to beliefs rather than universal principals that apply regardless of beliefs or individuality.
True wisdom doesn't come from rules or the ego. It comes to those who have experience in surrendering to that which is greater than individuality and any egoic standard of Earthly ruling.
There is alot you don't see in the scripture and that is because you don't have a conscious experience of God.
+Quote Post
YoungS
post Jun 03, 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #23

Awakening

Hey Lindsay,

thanks for correcting me. I am 24 years, I grew up as a muslim, gone to a christian high school, not strong religious btw, just know the basic stories as you can see in my posts concerning christianity and islam. See the first post why (from my perspective) religious thoughts got all wiped out of my head/life.
+Quote Post
YoungS
post Jun 03, 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #24

Awakening

Joesus,

That depends on whether you could comprehend the existence of God in the average religion.

IF you are going to make a comparison you would first have to know what you are comparing it to. IF you are not familiar with the average religion then you couldn't make a comparison. If you are familiar, then what makes your experience of the average religion above the average so that you have an authoritative foundation in which to start?

I comparing it to the average religious I know/knew, I can hardly speak about people I don't know, can I? No need to be uptight right?

Of course you would, because you think in terms that are familiar to you. That is why I said you have already made up your mind what you want to believe. You would rather, is a statement of preference.
You have taken a stand and are wanting the stand to be dis-proven by someone else rather than to look for the possibilities otherwise through your own ability to open to possibility.
If a person is truly open to possibility they don't put their preferences in front of them when they are moving forward.

I was religious and I'm open for arguments, you only read what you want and ignoring the arguments I give, that's what I ment with religious ignorance.

(1) You just might find the molecules were (2)moving with intelligence rather than by accident.
(1)The idea that the universe came together by accident in such an order is (3)similar to the idea that the Earth is flat, the imagination is sometimes connected to divine intelligence, and sometimes to the superstition of fear and ego.

(1) I can't comment on this (neither can anyone) because we can only speculate (theory)
(2) A cheap shot that god is behind this?
(3) Not quite similair

You've already jokingly thrown out the trippin on acid remark, and I'd say that says alot about your subconscious reactive mind.

Yea it says that I have a sense of humor, if I was sarcastic or messing with you I would not say haha Just kiddin'! would I? and move on with the subject (Give me some examples, what things did you experienced?), what susprisengly I got no answer to.. Just what I had expected..

Jesus was a man who was trying to get a sleeping humanity to awaken to greater thinking, and 2000 years hasn't created much of a change in the way we think about ourselves and how we so easily give our attention to false prophets and politicians who would destroy mankind to accumulate more power.

Do you have the courage to say that he has failed? I can say it, without being worried that I have to pay the price at the porter of heaven. Without religions there would be less war on this world.

There is alot you don't see in the scripture and that is because you don't have a conscious experience of God.

I take back my words that you are different then the average believers, ones more you have proven how religious people think.
+Quote Post
lindsayking
post Jun 03, 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 14979

QUOTE(YoungS @ Jun 03, 2008, 02:46 PM) *

Hey Lindsay, thanks for correcting me.

I am 24 years old. Here are th facts about me:
I grew up as a muslim, but I went to a christian high school. I am not strongly religious. btw, as you can see in my posts concerning christianity and islam, I just know the basic stories. See the first post why (from my perspective) religious thoughts got all wiped out of my head and life.
YoungS, my only son is married to a Sufi Muslim, from Iran. She is the mother--and a good one-- of my three grandchildren. We all get along, very well.

I make no attempt to tell my daughter-in-law that Christianity is better than Islam. In my opioion, all good religion which helps people be truly humane is okay with me.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jun 03, 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #26

Supreme God

I comparing it to the average religious I know/knew, I can hardly speak about people I don't know, can I? No need to be uptight right?

No, no need to be uptight but being truthful is always helpful, and when we are talking about religion it is best to know what we are talking about.
You say you know the basic stories, but do you know from what they come? Do you know what kind of experience the men in the stories were having other than what you have been told or what you have read?
In other words have you had the experience that Jesus and Muhammad had when they spoke to their disciples, who in turn wrote about their teachings and subsequently created the scriptures that are the Bible and the Qur'an?
Sort of a story of first hand experiences turned into books, and later... for some a cult following, and an inspiration to others (who were more intelligent) to find their own experience. God loves stupid people too...

By the way you haven't yet told me what makes the Universe a miracle other than the few things you have said impress you. Are you just insinuating that whatever impresses you is a miracle? Are you seeking to find truth in religion by being impressed, or to clear the bad taste left in your mouth when you considered yourself and religion to be ignorant?

I was religious and I'm open for arguments, you only read what you want and ignoring the arguments I give, that's what I ment with religious ignorance.

So you are saying that when you were religious you were ignorant. So what has changed? This is a serious question by the way. I'm letting you make the argument as you will, for your worthiness beyond the ignorance you claim goes with religion and your past as a religious person.
By the way I never ignored the argument that you are having. I don't really look at it as an argument but a discussion. And I don't find it necessary to live up to your expectations of how we proceed in this discussion.
In an argument people tend to take sides and then want to win something or to be right. I don't see any religion as being wrong and I don't think religion needs to be defended. People often think they need to defend themselves because of what they believe, and usually they feel better if others think the way they do so that their being right, is more right. Few have any self worth greater than a toad, and some are always seeking to create enough drama in others so they will not have to think about their own self worth. That is usually the consequence of taking sides.
So to be open is a bit more than creating arguments, taking sides to seek right and wrong or to only value a thing one way.
You seem to really want to maintain religion with ignorance yet you also claim there is wisdom in the scripture. In order to find the wisdom that is truth one must not make any quick judgments or make any assumptions based on ones own lack of understanding, so I'm lending myself to the conversation to weed through the emotional attachment to your judgment so that you may become more objective, rather than subjective about the discussion.

It's always good to get through the emotional attachments first so that the blinders are off and the mind is clear for reception.

(1) I can't comment on this (neither can anyone) because we can only speculate (theory)

But people do comment on it. Jesus and Muhammad commented on it, and not from theory but from their actual experience. That is what they taught their disciples and what they spent their time doing with the disciples in leading them to their own experience. You really must learn more about Jesus in Christianity and the Teachings of Muhammad.
There is so much more to know and experience than to just make assumptions about a few stories.

(2) A cheap shot that god is behind this?

Common sense would be more like it. I think you're stuck on an image of what God is based on your thoughts about religion when you believed you were ignorant and religious. God is behind, in, in front, on top and underneath everything.
(3) Not quite similair

Only because you want to believe that where you are in time and space, is better than those who lived when the world was thought to be flat. Everyone has a subconscious fear that they could be living a lie, its what the ego is.

Yea it says that I have a sense of humor, if I was sarcastic or messing with you I would not say haha Just kiddin'! would I? and move on with the subject (Give me some examples, what things did you experienced?), what susprisengly I got no answer to.. Just what I had expected..

Well then subconsciously it wasn't a surprise, you had already closed yourself off to any possibility, which is what I was saying about your subconscious expectations. The mind actually has to be open to the experience.
People often use humor to cover up what they are really thinking. Besides why would you want to take my word for something if you haven't experienced it for yourself?

Do you have the courage to say that he has failed? I can say it, without being worried that I have to pay the price at the porter of heaven. Without religions there would be less war on this world.

Failed ? Not at all. He was much more conscious than ego is about success and failure. Free will is one of the attributes of the image of God that man is created in. Jesus planted many seeds regarding unconditional love, he never tried to force anyone where they wouldn't go.
Heaven is not some far off place one finds after death. In fact you don't know your bible very well. Jesus taught that Heaven was right here on Earth. It is a state of conscious liberation rather than some cosmic place in space.
And I have to disagree with you that religion is the cause for war. People of greed are the reason war exists. Religion is often a front for political control. In the historical examples of the past, religion was a convenience for those who sought power and control over the masses. Kinda like Oil is today.

I take back my words that you are different then the average believers, ones more you have proven how religious people think.
Does that mean you are proof that religion doesn't have any foundation in reality because you are one more spokesperson who has something to say about people who are religious?
Personally I don't consider myself religious. I think people who associate the use of the word God as strictly religious in nature fail to understand the scientific value of universal mind or as Einstein used to call it the Unified Field. God is a word, but for some folks, they just can't get past their own ideas about it and it becomes something of a Pink Elephant.
+Quote Post
YoungS
post Jun 05, 2008, 11:49 AM
Post #27

Awakening

You know Joesus I really wanted to comment to what your saying but I won't, the main reason I opened this thread is because in my opinion the 'phropets' had nothing more or nothing less then a brain desease what is called Schizophrenia nowadays. They just spread 'gods wise words' at the right time and place.

Even a healthy person can have a experience with 'god' etc. just by poppin' a LSD stamp.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jun 05, 2008, 01:20 PM
Post #28

God

YoungS, here is how I understand what you wrote:
QUOTE(YoungS @ Jun 05, 2008, 11:49 AM) *
You know, Joesus, what I really wanted to do was to comment on what I think you're saying, but, because I do not understand what you are saying, I feel frustrated, so I won't.

BTW, the main reason I opened this thread is as follows: I am convinced that the prophets (people who believe they speak for God)--for example Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, and the like--were all schizophrenics. In other words, they were mentally ill. They were successful at their time, and convinced most people that they spoke 'God's wise words' because, like Hitler, they came at the right time and the right place.

YoungS, did I understand you meant to say? Have I stated your position fairly?
You go on:
Even a healthy person can have an experience with 'god' etc., just by poppin' a LSD pill.

YoungS. IMO, you sound like you prefer to debate, rather than dialogue.

Debaters start by stating a proposition, or making an argument. The goal is to win points and to win the debate. It is a zero sum--someone has to win--game.

I prefer to dialogue. Dialoguers start by stating an opinion, or a theory. The goal is to stimulate people to get involved, and to ask questions until we arrive at the solution of a problem.

If you want to debate and "prove" your argument, take on people like J. If you want to find solutions, let's dialogue?
+Quote Post
YoungS
post Jun 05, 2008, 01:39 PM
Post #29

Awakening

Lindsay,

Yes it is almost fairly.

You know, Joesus, what I really wanted to do was to comment on what you're saying, but I won't.

BTW, the main reason I opened this thread is as follows: I am convinced that the prophets (people who believe they hear and speak for God)--for example Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, and the like--were all schizophrenics. In other words, they were mentally ill. They were successful at their time, and convinced most people that they spoke 'God's wise words' because, they came at the right time and the right place.

+Quote Post
YoungS
post Jun 05, 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #30

Awakening

From this point I do want to continue...

By the way you haven't yet told me what makes the Universe a miracle other than the few things you have said impress you.

The life on earth is a miracle, and that makes the universe a miracle, as the earth is part of the universe.
All those billions stars and planets, it's just one of my favorites to think about, that we are possibly not alone, if we ever can travel at the speed of light without getting vaporized to explore what else is out there.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 01:39 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog