Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rectal Bioavailability
Mastermind
post Mar 26, 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 19994

I was wondering how well these nootropics are absorbed rectally. I'm asking because I remember reading that the anus has the second highest bioavailability, only beaten by IV. These are the substances in question: Centrophenoxine,
Piracetam & Aniracetam.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rubberdoll
post Aug 27, 2011, 09:24 AM
Post #2

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33543

QUOTE(Mastermind @ Mar 27, 2008, 12:30 AM) *

I was wondering how well these nootropics are absorbed rectally. I'm asking because I remember reading that the anus has the second highest bioavailability, only beaten by IV. These are the substances in question: Centrophenoxine,
Piracetam & Aniracetam.

That is correct, Rectal Bioavailability of "smart drugs" is beaten slightly by IV. However, tolerance will build fast and risk to overdose is high, as the substance is absorbed almost immediately by the large mucous membrane lining of the rectum, and delivered entirely into the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system. Plugging is considered a safe Route of Administration when dosing is adjusted lower due to extreme efficiency.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 04:04 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog