3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Depression After Exercise
Halden
post Jan 10, 2014, 03:50 AM
Post #61

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 36937

To deal with depression and to lead healthy and active lifestyle, engage in regular workouts and watch what you eat. Prefer raw food over processed food, break meals in small frequent meals and drink more water than routine. Avoid eating late and manage stress.
Toplevelfit Fitness
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Learnitall
post Oct 24, 2014, 09:32 AM
Post #62

Member No.: 37390

As far as I know, sometimes when you exercise, norepinephrine and epinephrine(adrenaline) gets released from your brain into the brain and body. This makes for an awesome exercise, but then there's a crash. The result isn't usually sadness, but it's fatigue and a tired feeling. Who knows why you get depressed after a workout. I hope things get better for you.
+Quote Post
Danny
post Nov 05, 2014, 12:08 AM
Post #63

Member No.: 37421

you should consult with good doctor.
+Quote Post
carlostwin
post Jan 26, 2015, 12:41 AM
Post #64

Member No.: 37537

I can easily identify with much of what you are saying, I do feel like I'm going crazy sometimes as there is little out there other than anecdotal evidence to backup how I'm feeling.

My symptoms are that after any significant physical exertion to a workout level within the next 48 hours I emotionaly crash hard. During the exertion I'm fine, but over the next 24 to 48 hours I feel low, depressed and fatigued.

The only way I can describe it is like where as if my good mood where a tank of water which is emptied out during exercise and takes 2 days to refill.

I've looked high and low on the internet and many people seem to report these symptoms, but with no definitive answer. There are many suggestion given, deficiencies, supplement, diet changes, emotional issues etc, but few really seem to fit.

As a sufferer of this it really does seem like a physiological response. Like many of other sufferers I to have suffered depression for many years. I'm un-medicated now, but in truth it made no difference when I was.

I can't help but think there is some intrinsic link between depression and this condition. Perhaps if this where taken more seriously and researched it may shed light on not only this condition but depression also.

I'm with you guys, it is not just in your head.

Best regards
From England.
+Quote Post
Oval Look
post Mar 04, 2015, 02:38 AM
Post #65

Member No.: 37566

I'm a regular exercise-guy for many many years and I follow few rules regarding this and I feel great-
1. Doing exercise in the morning is best fit for me.
2. After doing exercise, I don't have any food within 30 minutes.
3. After at least 4/5 hours of heavy meal, I do exercise If I ever do it in the second part of the day.
4. I never do exercise when I'm hungry.

These basic rules are very important to keep you fit rest of the day.
hope t will help someone.

regards
Neil
+Quote Post
henrybahia
post Jun 17, 2015, 06:48 AM
Post #66

Member No.: 37734

QUOTE(yume @ Mar 22, 2008, 07:50 PM) *

I have been struggling with this for some time...First off I suffer from depression, and as I know from research, etc Exercise is one of the best activities to engage in to stave off depression.

Here's where my problem lies, when Im training (ie I do strength training, boxing, muay thai, wrestling, Jiu-jitsu, etc) I feel great, sometimes not completely confident all the time (as with the combat types of training) but over all I have a rebound effect that is very stimulating and promotes wellbeing.

This lasts for about 1/2 hour afterwards, then suddenly I crash hard! To the point where I am in a deeper depressive state than when I started, often times I feel like just crying for no apparent reason. This even occurs when I have my best workouts.

What could be the cause of this? Are there others out there with similar experiences? Suggestions, discussion, etc.

Thanks

Yume

+Quote Post
henrybahia
post Jun 17, 2015, 07:05 AM
Post #67

Member No.: 37734

no post
+Quote Post
oceanwild
post Jul 20, 2015, 06:03 PM
Post #68

Member No.: 37757

I feel the same way, take the 5htp supps will improve the quality of sleeping.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 07:51 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles