Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking for lucid dream inducing drugs
zhenka11230
post Mar 21, 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #1

Awakening

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 14344

I am looking for a way to experiment with dreaming. So if you know a drug that has to do with dreaming, please let me know. Thanks!

Especially looking for once that would induce a lucid dream and perhaps make dreams more... odd.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cassox
post Mar 21, 2008, 06:36 PM
Post #2

Awakening

Member No.: 15624

Honestly, try nicotine patches. You will have the most vivid dreams of your life.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Mar 22, 2008, 12:43 AM
Post #3

Demi-God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 4349

QUOTE(zhenka11230 @ Mar 21, 2008, 03:02 PM) *
I am looking for a way to experiment with dreaming. So if you know a drug that has to do with dreaming, please let me know. Thanks!

Especially looking for once that would induce a lucid dream and perhaps make dreams more... odd.

Galantamine would be a good option and safer than addictive drugs like nicotine.
+Quote Post
opfor101
post Mar 29, 2008, 12:44 AM
Post #4

Aspiring

Member No.: 13879

QUOTE(LifeMirage @ Mar 22, 2008, 04:43 AM) *

Galantamine would be a good option and safer than addictive drugs like nicotine.

any idea how galantamine induces lucid dreaming?
i know that galantamine does the same thing as L-huperzine A (increases Acetyl-Choline in the brain)
and that lucid dreams are caused by the activation of the thought centers in the brain during REM sleep.
Would this mean that L-huperzine A would just as likely cause or help induce lucid dreams as well?

Just wondering since while on L-Huperzine A I did not notice any increase in frequency of Lucid dreams (or the ones I can remember)
+Quote Post
Flex
post Mar 29, 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #5

God

Member No.: 5877

I believe galantamine also potentiates nicotine, which would help with dreaming, but there is a good chance I am wrong =)
+Quote Post
still
post Jul 30, 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 26668

I have found that both melatonin and valerian root increase dream vividness and recall. Phenibut taken before bed can give me really strange dreams and has produced one apparent OBE.
+Quote Post
shamly_davisham
post Aug 07, 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 27096

The only thing I've heard of is "Calea Zacatechichi." But I'm not sure of its efficacy.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Aug 07, 2008, 12:31 PM
Post #8

Demi-God

QUOTE(shamly_davisham @ Aug 07, 2008, 03:02 PM) *
The only thing I've heard of is "Calea Zacatechichi." But I'm not sure of its efficacy.

Mixed reports due to quality variation.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Aug 07, 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #9

Demi-God

QUOTE(opfor101 @ Mar 29, 2008, 03:44 AM) *
QUOTE(LifeMirage @ Mar 22, 2008, 04:43 AM) *

any idea how galantamine induces lucid dreaming?
i know that galantamine does the same thing as L-huperzine A (increases Acetyl-Choline in the brain)
and that lucid dreams are caused by the activation of the thought centers in the brain during REM sleep.
Would this mean that L-huperzine A would just as likely cause or help induce lucid dreams as well?

Just wondering since while on L-Huperzine A I did not notice any increase in frequency of Lucid dreams (or the ones I can remember)

By effecting dopamine and acetylcholine levels.
Galantamine effects the nicotinic cholinergic receptors and AChE (in higher doses).
L-Huperzine A can also help however the dose varies from 100-800 mcg.
+Quote Post
opfor101
post Aug 07, 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #10

Aspiring

i used nicotine patches and GOD, were the dreams EXTREMELY vivid.

i actually thought i felt the rain drops (it was raining in the dream)
and emotions were flowing through the dream, happiness till the point where
i wanted to cry lol.

oh one thing, if you arent an avid smoker, do not use nicotine patches. upon waking up, you may feel VERY nauseous and a lil uncoordinated, this lasts about 1-2 hours (probably as the nicotine becomes cotinine-half life of nicotine is 30 minutes i think)

i used prochlorperazine to combat the nauseousness but it didnt help much.

anyway good thing im not the addictive type, i used this method for 2 weeks straight (21 mg patches)
and i dont really like it, mainly due to the EXTREME nausea i get, not being able to stand up without feeling sick to the stomach.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Aug 07, 2008, 02:49 PM
Post #11

Demi-God

QUOTE(opfor101 @ Aug 07, 2008, 05:11 PM) *

i wanted to cry lol.

oh one thing, if you arent an avid smoker, do not use nicotine patches. upon waking up, you may feel VERY nauseous and a lil uncoordinated, this lasts about 1-2 hours (probably as the nicotine becomes cotinine-half life of nicotine is 30 minutes i think)

anyway good thing im not the addictive type, i used this method for 2 weeks straight (21 mg patches)
and i dont really like it, mainly due to the EXTREME nausea i get, not being able to stand up without feeling sick to the stomach.

Aside from addiction nicotine damages sexual function.

J Sex Med. 2008 Jan;5(1):110-21. Epub 2007 Oct 25.
Acute effects of nicotine on physiological and subjective sexual arousal in nonsmoking men: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Harte CB, Meston CM. Department of Psychology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA.

INTRODUCTION: Chronic nicotine treatment has deleterious effects on vascular functioning and catecholamine modulation, which may compromise erectile functioning. Evidence that long-term cigarette smoking is an independent risk factor for introducing impotence is robust. However, limited studies have focused on the acute effects of smoking on physiological sexual response, and none have investigated the deleterious effects of isolated nicotine on human sexual arousal. Consequently, pathophysiological underpinnings of tobacco-induced-and particularly, nicotine-induced-erectile dysfunction are not well understood. AIM: To provide the first empirical examination of the acute effects of isolated nicotine on sexual arousal in nonsmoking men. METHODS: Twenty-eight sexually functional heterosexual men (mean age 21 years), each with less than 100 direct exposures to nicotine, participated in a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover trial. Participants received either Nicorette polacrilex gum (SmithKline Beecham Consumer Healthcare, Pittsburgh, PA, USA) (6 mg; approximately equivalent to smoking one high-yield cigarette) or placebo gum, matched for appearance, taste, and consistency, approximately 40 minutes prior to viewing an erotic film. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Physiological (circumferential change via penile plethysmography) and subjective (continuous self-report) sexual responses to erotic stimuli were examined, as well as changes in mood. RESULTS: Nicotine significantly reduced erectile responses to the erotic films (P = 0.02), corresponding to a 23% reduction in physiological sexual arousal. This occurred in 16 of 20 men with valid physiological recordings. Nicotine had no significant effect on continuous subjective ratings of sexual arousal (P = 0.70) or on mood (all Ps > 0.05). CONCLUSIONS: Isolated nicotine can significantly attenuate physiological sexual arousal in healthy nonsmoking men. These findings have implications for elucidating physiological mechanisms responsible for the effects of nicotine on sexual dysfunction, and for assisting public health policy in considering the deleterious effects of nicotine on sexual health.
+Quote Post
opfor101
post Aug 07, 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #12

Aspiring

QUOTE(LifeMirage @ Aug 07, 2008, 06:49 PM) *

QUOTE(opfor101 @ Aug 07, 2008, 05:11 PM) *

i wanted to cry lol.

Aside from addiction nicotine damages sexual function.

J Sex Med. 2008 Jan;5(1):110-21. Epub 2007 Oct 25.
Acute effects of nicotine on physiological and subjective sexual arousal in nonsmoking men: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Harte CB, Meston CM. Department of Psychology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA.

INTRODUCTION: Chronic nicotine treatment has deleterious effects on vascular functioning and catecholamine modulation, which may compromise erectile functioning. Evidence that long-term cigarette smoking is an independent risk factor for introducing impotence is robust. However, limited studies have focused on the acute effects of smoking on physiological sexual response, and none have investigated the deleterious effects of isolated nicotine on human sexual arousal. Consequently, pathophysiological underpinnings of tobacco-induced-and particularly, nicotine-induced-erectile dysfunction are not well understood. AIM: To provide the first empirical examination of the acute effects of isolated nicotine on sexual arousal in nonsmoking men. METHODS: Twenty-eight sexually functional heterosexual men (mean age 21 years), each with less than 100 direct exposures to nicotine, participated in a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover trial. Participants received either Nicorette polacrilex gum (SmithKline Beecham Consumer Healthcare, Pittsburgh, PA, USA) (6 mg; approximately equivalent to smoking one high-yield cigarette) or placebo gum, matched for appearance, taste, and consistency, approximately 40 minutes prior to viewing an erotic film. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Physiological (circumferential change via penile plethysmography) and subjective (continuous self-report) sexual responses to erotic stimuli were examined, as well as changes in mood. RESULTS: Nicotine significantly reduced erectile responses to the erotic films (P = 0.02), corresponding to a 23% reduction in physiological sexual arousal. This occurred in 16 of 20 men with valid physiological recordings. Nicotine had no significant effect on continuous subjective ratings of sexual arousal (P = 0.70) or on mood (all Ps > 0.05). CONCLUSIONS: Isolated nicotine can significantly attenuate physiological sexual arousal in healthy nonsmoking men. These findings have implications for elucidating physiological mechanisms responsible for the effects of nicotine on sexual dysfunction, and for assisting public health policy in considering the deleterious effects of nicotine on sexual health.

could it be that it depletes dopamine levels, and therefore prolactin kicks in (lack of a better term)
and causes a weakened erection or delayed erection?

just a thought.
+Quote Post
iadr
post Jan 30, 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 14010

QUOTE(zhenka11230 @ Mar 21, 2008, 02:02 PM) *

I found this forum while searching for hyperzine A on the internet because I just bought some, and was curious about what kind of dose to take. When I attempted to register, I found out that I had already registered over a year ago, but had made no posts. So here goes my first post, at least on this site. I have been very active with lucid dreaming on a couple of other sites for quite some time now. Nice to discover this site.

In answer to your question zhenka11230, there are many supplements that can assist a person in becoming lucid, with galantamine probably being the best. Anything that increases Acetyl-Choline in the brain or makes a person more alert, including chocolate or caffein, can help in becoming lucid, as well as more natural methods such as learning to enter a trance state, and then going through various visualizations.

Some of the supplements I've used to become lucid with are as follows:
* Galantamine (the King of supplements for becoming lucid, especially when taken with Choline Bitrate
* Alpha-GPC (especially when taken about 1 1/2 hours before galantamine)
* Vitamin B-50
* Choline Bitrate (When taken with galantamine or Vitamin-B
* Ginseng
* Royal Jelly
* Green Tea Extract
* GABA
* ZMA
* L_Theanine
* Chocolate, especially when taken with GABA
* Nicotine (very effective, but wears down the nicotine receptors in the brain more than any other supps which makes it more difficult to get lucid with the other supplements.
* Hyperzine A (Plan to start testing this one)

You will want to do your own research as to what the best supplements might be for you to take and in what doses, but basically anything that makes your mind more alert can help you become lucid, even a single Vitamin B-50 if taken after about 6 or 7 hours of sleep.

When using supplements to assist with lucid dreaming, it helps to change them around to keep the brain guessing about what is coming next, eg, one night you might take galantamine with choline bitrate, then take a B-50 with Choline Bitrate the next night, then some GABA with chocolate the next night, etc. That way keep the conscious mind guessing about what is coming next, which will keep it from controlling everything, and will allow the subconscious to get through with some of its thought and you will be able to become lucid.
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jan 30, 2009, 05:16 PM
Post #14

God

Member No.: 25755

dream herb/valerian
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Jan 30, 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #15

Supreme God

Member No.: 845

http://www.physorg.com/news10562.html
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Jan 30, 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #16

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(iadr @ Jan 30, 2009, 05:14 PM) *

Anything that... makes a person more alert, including chocolate or caffein, can help in becoming lucid...

I guess then I'll never have a chance to become lucid since caffeine makes me more jumpy than a paranoid on crack!
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jan 30, 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #17

God

is that the only thng that elevated?
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Jan 30, 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #18

Supreme God

QUOTE(Phi @ Jan 30, 2009, 05:56 PM) *

is that the only thng that elevated?

Well, it WAS going without saying! LOL!
+Quote Post
iadr
post Jan 31, 2009, 05:06 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(code buttons @ Jan 30, 2009, 07:42 PM) *

QUOTE(iadr @ Jan 30, 2009, 05:14 PM) *

Anything that... makes a person more alert, including chocolate or caffein, can help in becoming lucid...

I guess then I'll never have a chance to become lucid since caffeine makes me more jumpy than a paranoid on crack!

That's right. You just want your mind to be more alert, not your entire body, because you need to be able to relax and enter into somewhat of a trance state, yet be able to stay awake, when inducing a lucid dream through a WILD, which is the easiest way I've found to induce them.

That's why it is usually easier for me to induce lucid dreams after having about 6 hours of sleep, because I am able to stay awake after taking something like a Vitamin B-50, and begin doing various trance inducing visualizations and then other more active visualizations like water skiing, snow skiing, ice skating, or climbing on top of tall buildings that take me right into a lucid dream.
+Quote Post
Phi
post Feb 01, 2009, 12:12 AM
Post #20

God

DMT
+Quote Post
Disi
post Feb 01, 2009, 04:52 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 31855

Increase serotonin levels. Whenever I was on antidepressants I had such dreams. Most intense dreams where with Paxil(Seroxat). Literally my dreams where so "strange" and "real" that I thought about it as 'adventure'. Whenever going to sleep I was actually happy to take another 'adventure'.

Now I take l-dopa and also have "strange/real" dreams. But they are more scary then with high levels of serotonine and often negative.
+Quote Post
iadr
post Feb 01, 2009, 05:47 AM
Post #22

QUOTE(Disi @ Feb 01, 2009, 06:52 AM) *

Increase serotonin levels. Whenever I was on antidepressants I had such dreams. Most intense dreams where with Paxil(Seroxat). Literally my dreams where so "strange" and "real" that I thought about it as 'adventure'. Whenever going to sleep I was actually happy to take another 'adventure'.

Now I take l-dopa and also have "strange/real" dreams. But they are more scary then with high levels of serotonine and often negative.

Very true. I discovered a while back that there seems to be a direct link in a person's seritonin level and how effective other supplements like galantamine work when they are taken. For that reason I take 900 mg of St Johns Wort every night before going to bed. Not only does it help in having really vivid dreams, but also makes the galantamine much more effective when I take it. Another good choice for increasing ones seritonin levels is 5-HTP, although I've notice that if I take it before going to bed, it causes me to sleep much deeper than I like, which makes it more difficult to remember my dreams.

As for increasing ones L-dopa levels, Mucuna Pruriens is a good natural choice for that, as it is a non-prescription drug that can be bought over the internet. Increasing ones L-dopa level can help a person have more control in their dreams, but a person has to be careful not to take too much, as it can literally take over a persons personality if they take too much. I had been taking one of these a day for quite some time with good control in my dreams, when I decided to try taking 2 of them a day. Taking two of them a day caused my personality to change, and I became very aggressive, so had to cut back, so be careful with this one.

Like anything, do your research before taking any of these supplements, so you know what to expect.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Feb 01, 2009, 08:16 AM
Post #23

Supreme God

I'd love to experience more lucid dreaming. I'm just not willing to start taking pills for it; at least not for the moment. There are, aledgedly, other ways of achieving lucid dreaming without them. Such as self-hypnotism. See "6 Easy Steps to Lucid Dreaming" ( http://www.theharmonyinstitute.org/lucid.txt ). I just ran across this link, and I'm going to try these exercises first.
But, while on the subject, I remember having extremely pleasant dreams I never wanted to wake-up from at some point in time during my twenties. They were not lucid in nature, but again, very pleasant in nature. They were long (would take what it seemed like the whole night), about pleasant situations, very hallucinogenic in nature, easy to remember (at the time), and I would always wake well rested and with a smile in my face. Only problem was I'd have to drown myself in vodka for days and on if I wanted to have these dreams. It's funny, I know, but true. But now I wonder, what kind of brain mechanisms where triggering these events? And, how could I have these dreams again without the use of the same hallucinogenic agent?
+Quote Post
Phi
post Feb 02, 2009, 04:15 AM
Post #24

God

QUOTE(Disi @ Feb 01, 2009, 04:52 AM) *

they can also interfere with sleep...
+Quote Post
Phi
post Feb 02, 2009, 04:19 AM
Post #25

God

hopefully most of your answers can be found by lurking through: www.dreamviews.com/.

Why would you like to dream lucidly?
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Feb 02, 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #26

Supreme God

QUOTE(Phi @ Feb 02, 2009, 04:19 AM) *

hopefully most of your answers can be found by lurking through: www.dreamviews.com/.

Why would you like to dream lucidly?

Why not!!!
+Quote Post
forgottenpresence
post Feb 02, 2009, 06:41 PM
Post #27

Overlord

Member No.: 12281

QUOTE(Phi @ Feb 01, 2009, 12:12 AM) *

DMT

Yea I heard smoking a bit of DMT before bed will induce vivid/lucid dreams.
+Quote Post
Phi
post Feb 02, 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #28

God

better off with the snuff
check out some yopo...easy to make and ingest

again:valerian and dream herb(caelea somethingmajigger)

Now the best automatic response seems to be why not...but I'm just asking do you have any goals? Of course it can be of much enjoyment, but such things are only temporary from the motivation standpoint of being awake.
+Quote Post
Yoder
post Feb 09, 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #29

Aspiring

Member No.: 31895

I started using Chantix to quit smoking.. It's given me some pretty lucid dreams and from what I hear, most people experience this.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Feb 09, 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #30

God

Member No.: 5681

QUOTE(forgottenpresence @ Feb 03, 2009, 02:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Phi @ Feb 01, 2009, 12:12 AM) *
DMT
Yea I heard smoking a bit of DMT before bed will induce vivid/lucid dreams.
Wow, that'd be one busy evening. You smoke DMT and you can forget bed, in fact it'll probably melt away into a technicolour landscape of dancing fairy lights lol. Seriously, don't use this to try and lucid dream! The fact its a highly controlled chemical should be enough to put you off. Go get some nicotine patches if you're desperate. You've been warned !
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th July 2014 - 09:25 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog