Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Old people's brains...
dutch84
post Feb 23, 2008, 02:58 AM
Post #1

Aspiring

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 5115

I heard that your brain shrinks as you get older...

Is there any way to prevent or reverse this?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Feb 24, 2008, 02:10 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

There's one very easy way.

Put your fingers in your ears when listening to that person !
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Feb 24, 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #3

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

I suppose that would depend on where your brains are...
+Quote Post
dutch84
post Mar 08, 2008, 02:43 AM
Post #4

Aspiring

QUOTE(rhymer @ Feb 24, 2008, 02:10 PM) *

There's one very easy way.

Put your fingers in your ears when listening to that person !

What if they have proof...like statistical evidence and pictures?
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Mar 08, 2008, 09:51 AM
Post #5

Supreme God

Ok you started this conversation with "I heard", then followed with a question about prevention.

So logically I would have to ask what raised the concern when you heard something like this?

Is this idea statistically relevant to a normal condition or is it abnormal? Is the shrinkage dramatic or slight?
Are you afraid your brain is shrinking? If it is what would be the result of this shrinkage?
+Quote Post
dutch84
post Mar 09, 2008, 01:39 AM
Post #6

Aspiring

QUOTE(Joesus @ Mar 08, 2008, 09:51 AM) *

Ok you started this conversation with "I heard", then followed with a question about prevention.

So logically I would have to ask what raised the concern when you heard something like this?

Is this idea statistically relevant to a normal condition or is it abnormal? Is the shrinkage dramatic or slight?
Are you afraid your brain is shrinking? If it is what would be the result of this shrinkage?

This idea is related to normal aging (i.e. non-alzheimer's or other abnormal conditions) It is a slight shrinkage when compared to Alzheimer's disease. I am afraid my brain is shrinking and that is because I am not able to concentrate the way I used to. I am exceedingly more irritable most of the time. I find it hard to pay attention when reading. I feel like I've lost my creativity and imagination (i.e. I used to write stories and draw pictures a lot...now, not so much.)

and something else...I forgot...

So..yea...I think my brain is shrinking.
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Mar 09, 2008, 06:39 AM
Post #7

God

Member No.: 4768

There was a man with half a brain who managed to get through high school and become a civil servant. It was only after this fact that he took an IQ test and recieved low IQ scores where doctors realised he had only half a brain. He still managed to become successful in society - with half a brain. The brain is not a static organism, it is dynamic and adjusts to changes, your a biological organism which is constantly adapting - not a rock.

The symptoms you are describing could be attributed to any number of psychological reasons such as mild depression or too much stress.

I find creativity and imagination is heavily dependent on the environment your in. You have to be in a place that promotes creativity and the imagination, I have found that the environment one lives in has a profound effect on creativity.

Find somewhere comfortable, beautiful and relaxing - perhaps in the spring go out to a park or on a nature hike and work somewhere very comfortable and relaxing. You will find the ease or difficulty in doing creative things has a lot to do with where we try to do those creative things.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Mar 09, 2008, 09:15 AM
Post #8

Supreme God

There are several ways to remove stress from the nervous system. Meditative techniques that are effective in removing stress from the nervous system permanently, require a commitment to daily practice. Such techniques when used expand the awareness, increase energy, intuition and creativity. Stress is what clogs the mind and body, slows perception, ages the body and even leads you to health problems and a quick death.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 09:12 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles