BrainMeta'                 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is ignorance REALLY bliss?, Does not knowing anything, make life less distressing, and more enjoyable?
Little Miss Eva
post Dec 21, 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 14753

You watch the stars in the sky at night, and think they're tiny fireflies dotting the very heavens above. This how a young child would precieve it. Now as an adult, you now acknowledge them that they're balls of heat, hydrogen, helium, and gas. Thoughts of remembering them as just figments of nature's creations, have been subsided with logical reasoning of reality. That whimsical idea of stars being fireflies, loses it's childishly, pleasing charm years after.
..........................................................................................................................................................
My classmates are very energetic, outspoken, and excitable people. Yet, their positive qualities, are a bit too demanding for me and other people as practical, humble, and quiet individuals. This isn't a complaint about them for being rude, annoying, and idiotic. This is a question to all of you out there. If people who are younger or people who don't expose themselves to serious issues, are they any more or less happier and stressed out, than people who are older or people who do expose themselves to serious issues?
That includes teenagers, like myself, as well. huh.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 21, 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

You could have a college degree and still not know anything and be ignorant. Ignorance is not bliss.
Now innocence is a different story
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Hudzon
post Dec 22, 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #3

Awakening

Member No.: 13298

I look at the stars at night and imagine billions of solar systems, with new and unexplored terrain, recourses and possibilities.

My blood boils with excitement and anticipation at the mere thought of one day visiting a planet near one of those balls of heat, hydrogen, helium, and gas;

Also, consider the book "Flowers for Algernon"; After the protagonist enhances his intelligence he realizes that his all of his "friends" only socialized with him for entertainment and never really respected him. You might argue that he would've been happier if he never knew that, but would living inside a lie make one truly "happy"? Or would that happiness be just as fake?

It is true that with my intelligence came a large burden, which I might have never had to carry if I was "normal" like everyone else; but with it also came the tools and knowledge on how to create the real happiness that I so desire.

Given the choice, I would always choose knowledge and suffering above a life inside of an illusion.
+Quote Post
Cassox
post Dec 22, 2007, 04:13 PM
Post #4

Awakening

Member No.: 15624

I agree. At what point does a human child have the level of cognizance that a cow does? But cows are slaughtered for food. So if I am aware and non-ignorant towards meat, then I have to acknowledge that eating a cow is at the very least as "bad" as eating young children. If I choose to remain ignorant then I don't have to worry in my self-rightousness. If I am not ignorant, I have to acknowledge that every time I get in my car and drive I (as well as take a hot shower, or do just about anything anymore) am destroying the world or at least assisting. If I'm ignorant, I don't need to realize this. I can recycle a few cans and feel like "I'm doing my part." Ignorance is Bliss.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 07:11 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog