BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UN chief: Deal with warming or face ‘oblivion’, Latest headlines about global warming
code buttons
post Dec 11, 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #1

Supreme God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 4556

"The situation is so desperately serious that any delay could push us past the tipping point, beyond which the ecological, financial and human costs would increase dramatically," Ban said in a speech to delegates.

"We are at a crossroad," he added. "One path leads to a comprehensive climate change agreement, the other to oblivion. The choice is clear."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22199230/wid=18298287/
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Dec 11, 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #2

God

Member No.: 4768

We should work on doing something on BrainMeta to help push for stopping global warming, any ideas?
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Dec 12, 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #3

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(maximus242 @ Dec 11, 2007, 11:50 PM) *

We should work on doing something on BrainMeta to help push for stopping global warming, any ideas?

That's a pretty cool idea, Max. We should think of something. While on the subject, here's my take:
First of all, Al Gore should stop beating around the bush (not the president) and put his money where his mouth is: launch his candidacy for president. So he can get my vote. That's an idea!
+Quote Post
Discordia
post Dec 12, 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #4

Aspiring

Member No.: 14894

I faintly remember posting a response to this....but maybe it was on another post, anyways. I wrote a paper on this topic last year, and through my research I found that (sorry for not posting exact figures) the amount of carbon produced by man is far less the amount naturally produced by the planet itself.

The oceans and the forests of the planet are the cause of this, and it is a completely natural cycle of the planet. Its a game of survival of the fittest and its happening whether we want it to or not.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 13, 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #5

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

QUOTE(Discordia @ Dec 12, 2007, 08:08 PM) *

I faintly remember posting a response to this....but maybe it was on another post, anyways. I wrote a paper on this topic last year, and through my research I found that (sorry for not posting exact figures) the amount of carbon produced by man is far less the amount naturally produced by the planet itself.

The oceans and the forests of the planet are the cause of this, and it is a completely natural cycle of the planet. Its a game of survival of the fittest and its happening whether we want it to or not.

But I keep hearing that it's the consensus of climate scientists that global warming is man-made. What data do you have for your paper that others don't have, and how could so many scientists overlook it if it's from a credible source?
+Quote Post
Discordia
post Dec 13, 2007, 10:39 AM
Post #6

Aspiring

Member No.: 14894

QUOTE(Rick @ Dec 13, 2007, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Discordia @ Dec 12, 2007, 08:08 PM) *

But I keep hearing that it's the consensus of climate scientists that global warming is man-made. What data do you have for your paper that others don't have, and how could so many scientists overlook it if it's from a credible source?

Point taken, I will get on this as soon as I have a spare moment.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 04:19 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles