Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exploding Head Syndrome
Planet
post Nov 03, 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 12276

Hope I am posting this in a right part of the forum. I am a newbie and I suffer from this problem. My head doesn't exactly explode and falls into pieces, but I actually get such sounds in my head.

I am not a regular drinker. I strictly don't do drugs. I smoke cigarettes, that's all. No addiction to caffiene etc. Just before drifting into sleep, I used to hear exploding sounds that would wake me up. I would check everything around me, and realise that the sounds were internal. No pain etc. but just uncomfortable enough to bring me bake to awakened state and keep me awake for a while. Nowadays, I hear less of banging but I get vibration sensations in my head just before drifting into sleep. They are sometimes so strong that it feels that someone is literally passing painless electric waves in my head from one temple to another. Very strage indeed! I have been to the doctor with it. He was to send me for brainscan, but there is no sign of any appointment through the post. I think it's a neurological issue, causing auditory experiences. I have read a lot about Hypnagogia and sleep paralysis etc. but it hasn't helped me enough to understand this problem.

I wonder if anyone can cast any light on a problem of this kind? if not, I will try some health forum.

Thanks in anticipation.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Nov 03, 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

Have you considered the possibility of a form of tinnitus?

I have suffered with a 6.5 k whistle in my left ear for 30 or more years.

About 10 years ago, I started to hear what I call 'thunder'.
This sounds just like rolling thunder, but I can stop it by pressing on my eyeballs (or even on my skull above the eyes) with a finger.

I can sometimes initiate it just by 'squashing' my eyeballs by 'screwing up' the eyes.

It is most annoying when auto-starting just as I am going to sleep or when (I suspect) initiated during dreaming (causing rapid eye movement which causes thunder, which wakes me up).

It has been reported but remains unexplained by medical experts.
I have to conclude that it is a form of tinnitus, possibly caused by an unwanted interconnection between some of the eye muscles and the auditory nerve(s).

The loudness of the 'thunder' is variable with time and varies between fairly quiet and very loud!
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Nov 24, 2007, 05:35 AM
Post #3

God

Member No.: 5681

I had a bout of this, but my sounds were fast intense zaps! I tried to relax into and try and explore them but this decame too intense and I was scared my head would explode or id have a stroke. I have a lot of ear-nose-throat problems and do experience tinnitus, but this was really something else. Many a similar thing is going on with you. I haven't had any doctors appointments for it.
+Quote Post
MARY01
post Nov 24, 2007, 07:16 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 14725

well,
what if this problem is something mental
i mean why dont you try to go to a physcology doctor
im bad in this but wut do u think??

anyway get well soon i will pray for ya
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 04:14 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles