Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Colleges of Neuroscience Help
vanity
post Oct 04, 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 13248

I am a Junior soon awaiting to apply to a college. I am fixated on getting a degree on neuroscience, or neuropsychopharmacology if it even gets that specific. My question to everyone: What is neuroscience classified under? From my understanding it is a branch of psychology. If this is true, are colleges who offer "Psychology General" going to have classes specifically for neurons or neuropharmacology? If I'm just totally wrong and mixed up, what classes/path do I need to take? Help is appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lucid_dream
post Oct 04, 2007, 06:14 PM
Post #2

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 956

it's generally classified under Biology, not psychology
+Quote Post
Orbz
post Oct 04, 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #3

Overlord

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 6770

If you want to do neuropharmacology, the best places to look are within universities that have (in approximate order of relevance) either a pharmacology (note, not pharmacy), neuroscience, psychology, anatomy and human biology, or physiology units. It is very rare to do an undergraduate course on neuropharmacology, it tends to be included as a part in the above mentioned courses. So you need to have a good look at the covered material within each course to see if it has what you need.

More importantly, have a look at the staff in the departments to see if they're doing the research you want to be involved in, because that's most likely where you are going to get your neuropharmacology training.

I don't know how the American (I presume) system works, so I can't help much more. It also differs from uni to uni depending on the faculties/schools/etc that they have.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 04:27 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles