Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> maximum amps for CES use?
scottr99
post Jul 27, 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 12105

Hi, could someone please tell me what the maximum safe value for amps would be for CES at 100 Hz.

Would 1200mA (1200 milli-amps be dangerous)?

I have been using this current t for about 4-5 times total over the past week and a half. I have had serious depression problems, got desperate and used an e-stim unit I had sitting in my home. I have been feeling amazing since using it, depression is GONE! No headaches, nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
xanadu
post Jul 28, 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #2

Awakening

Member No.: 4955

Try explaining what the hell you are talking about and you might get a few replies.
+Quote Post
scottr99
post Jul 28, 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12105

QUOTE(xanadu @ Jul 28, 2007, 10:42 AM) *

Try explaining what the hell you are talking about and you might get a few replies.

The CES machines that I have seen are all around 1 milliAmp or less of current, if I am not mistaken. What if more current was used for a CES machine? Is more current dangerous? I have an e-stim machine that can produce 100Hz but at a much higher current, and I'd like to use it for CES.

This is a serious question, why are you being so mean?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.
+Quote Post
xanadu
post Jul 29, 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #4

Awakening

Member No.: 4955

CES = compact electrical sound? closed eye silence? or come everyone snorkle?

e-stim = latest new album from the frenzied zombies?

People might want to comment if you translated. And no, I'm not being mean.
+Quote Post
khenwood
post Jul 30, 2007, 01:22 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 11800

CES = Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation

Interesting, I don't know anyone who actually uses one of these.
+Quote Post
nemrel
post Oct 05, 2007, 06:24 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 13270

One of the reasons CES is so effective is the low current that is used in the treatment. In the past units that had more current had been popular within some circles, but it was suggested to be too much current.

I personally use the BT-7, but I do have a highly programmable TENS unit. In theory I could use the TENS unit with the Ear Clips for the BT-7 or I could use smaller electrode pads and place them on my earlobes or behind my ear and use it for CES therapy.

Personally if I did play around with that I would make sure to take it slow and gentle at first. You could overdue it very quickly and hurt yourself, maybe even without knowing it. The BT-7 limits your seasons to 20 minutes and I know that my TENS unit can run for a few hours. The manual for the BT-7 says it is only effective to do sessions for 40 minutes at a time (which would be 2 of the 20 minute sessions back to back).

Even though your other unit can use the 100 hertz range, it may not pulse correctly to be considered CES. Thus it won't provide the same effects as CES.

With CES you may not see results for a few days to a couple of weeks of usage. But because of the low current you can't hurt yourself. Don't overdue it in order to try and speed up results.

CES is cranial electrical stimulation
E-Stim is electrical stimulation
+Quote Post
djtickleknobs
post May 08, 2013, 11:18 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 35102

Scott,

This is an old post so I imagine you will never see this, BUT......

When it comes to CES, less is more. Amperage, current is the ammount of electricity allowed to flow. Most CES devices are around 500mA. Using a manual CES device daily, while stepping the intensity down every week is the best thing you could do for yourself. Over time you will find you can get the effects of CES with less and less. CES is more of a metronome for your brain. The 'frequency' of your brain isn't being controlled with CES, you are only reminding yourself to get there yourself.

QUOTE(scottr99 @ Jul 27, 2007, 07:45 PM) *

Hi, could someone please tell me what the maximum safe value for amps would be for CES at 100 Hz.

Would 1200mA (1200 milli-amps be dangerous)?

I have been using this current t for about 4-5 times total over the past week and a half. I have had serious depression problems, got desperate and used an e-stim unit I had sitting in my home. I have been feeling amazing since using it, depression is GONE! No headaches, nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 11:18 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles