BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MDMA and cognitive enhancement, Can cognitive enhancers be used to effectively learn a drug induced state?
Orbz
post Jun 18, 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #1

Overlord

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 6770

While out on the weekend, reading a paper on drugs and memory yesterday and having previously talked with with people about inducing drug states without drugs I had this idea.

Would it be possible to use cognitive enhancers, specifically memory and emotional memory enhancers to create more connectivity/plasticity between areas which are activated while under the influence of mdma (as an example)? And then train these drug induced states in somebody, with this more efficient memory, so they could experience the state without the chemical?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lucid_dream
post Jun 18, 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #2

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 956

QUOTE(Orbz @ Jun 18, 2007, 09:05 PM) *
Would it be possible to use cognitive enhancers, specifically memory and emotional memory enhancers to create more connectivity/plasticity between areas which are activated while under the influence of mdma (as an example)? And then train these drug induced states in somebody, with this more efficient memory, so they could experience the state without the chemical?

Knowing people who have tried this or something similar, without long-term success, I'd have to say that I don't think it can be done. Any learning is very likely to be short-term, on the order of weeks at best.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 11:26 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles