BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Frequency of lucid dreaming decreasing, What enhancer to use?
OrionStyles
post May 19, 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 10917

Heya All,

I've been working at a crappy little company that has made me miserable for the last year and a half.

The frequency of my lucid dreaming has dropped off dramatically during this period.

I've been a lucid dreamer most of my life, so the techniques are not likely the problem.

Are there any recomendations anyone can make for increansing the frequency of lucid dreaming using some type of enhancer in such a situation? (other then changing jobs)

Thanks in advance,
-O
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
maximus242
post May 19, 2007, 09:13 PM
Post #2

God

Member No.: 4768

Well you need to find the source of the problem and remove it, its that simple. Using tactics to increase lucidity is just putting a bandage over it. It could indeed be your job, or prehaps its stress realted. There are certain audio cds which cause you to automatically go lucid every 45 minutes, so that could work.
+Quote Post
OrionStyles
post May 20, 2007, 06:44 AM
Post #3

Thanks Maximus,

Yes, it is obvious to me that the cause needs to be removed. I am certain it is the job, because when I took a 1 week vacation, I had an increase in lucid dreaming. (3 instances that week versus 1 per 2 months otherwise)

Unforutnately it is not possible to remove the job from the equation. Cold, homeless and starving is not a fun game.

Can you give me an example to search for, or point me to of one of these CDs you mention?

I am hoping that if I can spur on the lucid dreaming through an enhancer, I can use that inertia to increase the frequency afterwords.

Thanks,
-O
+Quote Post
maximus242
post May 20, 2007, 07:27 PM
Post #4

God

Member No.: 4768

Umm, well, depends on your budget, it ranges from free to $40. For free you can grab www.bwgen.com. Again, most of it is dependant on your budget, I havent bought a Lucd Dreaming CD so I cant give you a personal recommendation but here are some of the big names in the business.

http://www.hemi-sync.com/store/home.php

http://www.brainwave-entrainment.com/bmv-series1.htm

You can also try Sweet Gale Tea, it is a natural herb that induces Lucid Dreaming (worked for me).

Besides that, you may want to try some lucid dreaming techniques, there is a wikibook on them. Its good whether you are a natural lucid dreamer or have never been lucid in your life.

Even if you have lucid dreams naturally you can use those techniques to increase lucidity.

Also, I suggest you read up on Lee Iacocca http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Iacocca

He went from being a steel worker to the president of Ford and Chrysler.
+Quote Post
NISARG
post May 23, 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 11177

I would like to quote a post by lifemirage on another topic...it may help you....

Raising ACh levels in many cases effect Lucid Dreaming quite strongly. Perhaps the most cost effective way to do this is with the AChE inhibitor L-Huperzine A (Huperzia serrata), rather than Galantamine. But since everyone reactions differently to compounds that effect neurochemistry trial and error is the best way to find out.

+Quote Post
OrionStyles
post Jun 19, 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #6

Thanks Maximus, the sweet gale tea did the trick.

In case others try or are interested, in a nutshell, here are my observations using sweet gale for a 25 day period without using any lucid dream induction techniques.

1) Source http://www.algonquintea.com/ (The people who run this are cool too, highly recommended)

2) 2 tea bags per cup of water produce stronger effects (emotional vivid dreams etc...) and enhance dream recall. As a caution for others, I also had 3 vivid "hag attacks" while doing this, basically waking up terrified and having several second blurry hallucinations while I reoriented myself. I personally don't find this a problem if you understand sleep paralysis and what part of the brain can cause you to sense a presence when stimulated, so educate yourself.

3) It took 1 week to get use to the sweet gale tea, and during this week I had difficulty getting a full night's sleep. I often woke up mentally tired. I had 1 lucid dream on day 8, one on day 15, one on 20 and one last night. This is the frequency I used to have on a good month when I wasn't using an enhancer.

4) Lucid dreaming under an enhancer is different. It's harder to maintain the lucid dream and I'd estimate the lucid dreams last 1/3 as long (in memory anyways) compared to when I lucid dream without any enhancer . It's also harder to control the dream while I was lucid. It is frustrating being lucid and attempting to do things you can normally do while not under an enhancer, and it doesn't work. eg: Fly, walk through walls, toss around nukes indiscriminately etc... all the real fun stuff. smile.gif

5) While waking up from a lucid dream under an enhancer, I often experienced the side effects described for inducing lucid dreaming by the WILD techniques (wikipedia it)... specifically a loud thunderous auditory hallucination. The auditory hallucination is startling at first, but eventually seemed to be all the sound going on in the room in slow motion at an elevated perceived decibel level. The sound diminished in perceived decibel level as the brain sped up the auditory processing into normal speed. (this is something I need to research, I am not aware of any study on the perception of "hearing" in slow motion while changing brain states, any place someone can point me to on this is most welcome)

As with all things... I may simply need more time to adjust to this. I'll update again in 50 days or so.
+Quote Post
lucid_dream
post Jun 19, 2007, 07:09 PM
Post #7

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 956

QUOTE(OrionStyles @ Jun 19, 2007, 07:56 PM) *
While waking up from a lucid dream under an enhancer, I often experienced the side effects described for inducing lucid dreaming by the WILD techniques (wikipedia it)... specifically a loud thunderous auditory hallucination. The auditory hallucination is startling at first, but eventually seemed to be all the sound going on in the room in slow motion at an elevated perceived decibel level. The sound diminished in perceived decibel level as the brain sped up the auditory processing into normal speed. (this is something I need to research, I am not aware of any study on the perception of "hearing" in slow motion while changing brain states, any place someone can point me to on this is most welcome)

very interesting. I have experienced these, though in different contexts, and have never heard them described as "all the sound going on in the room in slow motion".
+Quote Post
Lao_Tzu
post Jun 21, 2007, 12:46 PM
Post #8

Awakening

Member No.: 5060

Maybe y'all are familiar with this trend, but I've experienced an increasing rate of lucid dreams since I started meditating (watching the breath). Not every night though, by any means. My experience starts from a low base.
+Quote Post
Fleeting Shadow
post Oct 06, 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 13321

QUOTE(OrionStyles @ May 19, 2007, 09:02 PM) *

The frequency of my lucid dreaming has dropped off dramatically during this period.

I've been a lucid dreamer most of my life, so the techniques are not likely the problem.

Are there any recomendations anyone can make for increansing the frequency of lucid dreaming using some type of enhancer in such a situation? (other then changing jobs)

Believe it or not, you could try some Vitamin B6 right before you go to sleep. Or eat some cheese.
+Quote Post
forgottenpresence
post Oct 18, 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #10

Overlord

Member No.: 12281

I do not recommend using synthetic B vitamins.

Read here - http://www.longnaturalhealth.com/newsletter.asp?N=92

Whole-food vitamins are what you want to look for

Find them here -

http://www.nutritionresearchcenter.org/pag...oodcomplex.html

http://www.rawguru.com/store/raw-food/livi...-plex-2-oz.html

http://neo-life.com/ - I recommend formula IV.
+Quote Post
Flex
post Oct 18, 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #11

God

Member No.: 5877

Ever consider the fact that each of these sources happens to be selling whole-food vitamins. I would like to see something from pubmed.
+Quote Post
forgottenpresence
post Oct 18, 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #12

Overlord

QUOTE(Flex @ Oct 18, 2007, 08:24 PM) *

Ever consider the fact that each of these sources happens to be selling whole-food vitamins. I would like to see something from pubmed.

Yes they are selling whole-food vitamins that is why I posted the links. Sorry I don't understand what you are saying.
+Quote Post
Flex
post Oct 18, 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #13

God

QUOTE(forgottenpresence @ Oct 18, 2007, 10:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Flex @ Oct 18, 2007, 08:24 PM) *

Yes they are selling whole-food vitamins that is why I posted the links. Sorry I don't understand what you are saying.

The only info provided as to WHY synthetic vitamins are bad comes from a source who has an interest in convincing you that their products are superior.
+Quote Post
forgottenpresence
post Oct 18, 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #14

Overlord

There is quite a bit of information on the internet regarding this.

It has been proven that synthetic vitamin C extracted from corn sugar (instead of actual fruit powder) has negative side-effects taken at large doses.

They have also given synthetic B vitamins to newborn pigs. They became sterile and died after 150 days.
+Quote Post
forgottenpresence
post Oct 18, 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #15

Overlord

If you doubt what we have been saying, try spending a little time with an endocardiograph. This is a highly sensitive machine that records, amplifies and makes a graph of heart sound. As the heart becomes diseased, the sounds become abnormal. The abnormal sounds clearly depict what areas of the heart are malfunctioning and what nutrients are needed to allow the heart to normalize. The heart is the one organ in your body most responsive to nutritional therapy.

For example,
There is a characteristic sound and graph made by a heart that is in fibrillation. This heart needs the "G" portion of the organic Vitamin B complex. Tachycardia has its own characteristic graph and requires organic Vitamin C. Regurgitation of one or more valves has its graph and requires real Vitamin E. Angina has its graph and requires real selenium-rich Vitamin E. And so on.

When the correct organic nutrients are given to the patient while he or she is on the endocardiograph, the heart sound and graph start to normalize within 15 minutes. One thing is certain - take all the synthetic vitamins A, B, C, E, etc., in the world; take them over and over again. They can be the very nutrients your doctor tells you are "just exactly the same as organic, natural, real vitamins". But they are simply mirror-image chemicals and not nutritional complexes. They never reverse the abnormal heart graph whereas real nutrition does it on a regular basis. What more proof is needed that these chemicals are "just exactly not the same as real vitamins".

The latest studies show the failure of high dose synthetic vitamins and anti-oxidants. The ones that work are those made from herbs and food that are truly nutritional complexes based around enzyme actions.
+Quote Post
lucid_dream
post Oct 18, 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #16

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 956

I'm skeptical that synthetic vitamins pose any danger. Synthetics are identical chemically to natural ones. The only possible issue with synthetics could be the presence of impurities.
+Quote Post
forgottenpresence
post Oct 18, 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #17

Overlord

I think certain organizations would never accept this as true.
+Quote Post
forgottenpresence
post Oct 18, 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #18

Overlord

QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Oct 18, 2007, 11:19 PM) *

I'm skeptical that synthetic vitamins pose any danger. Synthetics are identical chemically to natural ones. The only possible issue with synthetics could be the presence of impurities.

I am more skeptical of synthetic vitamins, as there is proof which validate these claims.
+Quote Post
Flex
post Oct 19, 2007, 10:56 AM
Post #19

God

I do not doubt that natural vitamins may have synergistic effects as they contain various micronutrients aside from the vitamin itself, and thus may be more effective. This does not however mean that synthetic vitamins are harmful.

Has anyone tried using natural niacin to lower blood pressure? I suspect it would not be anywhere near as cost effective.
+Quote Post
forgottenpresence
post Oct 19, 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #20

Overlord

The super B complex threshold control at neo-life.com is $40 for 180 pills which will last you 6 months.

What makes me skeptical of synthetic vitamins is the fact that they have done tests which prove them to be harmful. One of the tests they gave a large group of newborn pigs synthetics and they became sterile and died after 150 days. This makes me VERY skeptical of synthetics. There are many other tests done over the internet if you do the research.
+Quote Post
Flex
post Oct 19, 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #21

God

QUOTE(forgottenpresence @ Oct 19, 2007, 12:39 PM) *

The super B complex threshold control at neo-life.com is $40 for 180 pills which will last you 6 months.

What makes me skeptical of synthetic vitamins is the fact that they have done tests which prove them to be harmful. One of the tests they gave a large group of newborn pigs synthetics and they became sterile and died after 150 days. This makes me VERY skeptical of synthetics. There are many other tests done over the internet if you do the research.

I would agree that on a whole, one should try to get as much nutrition possible out of the food they consume (eat whole foods). This does not mean that synthetic vitamins do not have their uses. Personally I am very fond of an orthomolecular approach to psychiatry, and synthetic vitamins serve said purpose very well.
+Quote Post
Golden Turtle
post Jan 20, 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 16670

QUOTE(OrionStyles @ May 20, 2007, 06:44 AM) *

Yes, it is obvious to me that the cause needs to be removed. I am certain it is the job, because when I took a 1 week vacation, I had an increase in lucid dreaming. (3 instances that week versus 1 per 2 months otherwise)

Unforutnately it is not possible to remove the job from the equation. Cold, homeless and starving is not a fun game.

In my experience with lucid dreaming, if you are too absorbed in something else, it's much less likely you will be able to do it, because lucid dreaming requires your full attention. You don't necessarily need any supplements, although a healthy died is always good. Some people are naturals at lucid dreaming; others are not. Being of the latter I have learned that patience detachment and awareness are key elements to learning lucid dreaming. Meditation can help with that, or yoga, or any other relaxing exercises.
If you are cold, homeless and starving, your dreams are probably too busy eating by the fire to notice your interest in them. If I were you I would work on grounding yourself in this world first, even if it is just another dream.

Best of luck
+Quote Post
opfor101
post Jan 23, 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #23

Aspiring

Member No.: 13879

QUOTE(forgottenpresence @ Oct 19, 2007, 01:11 AM) *

There is quite a bit of information on the internet regarding this.

It has been proven that synthetic vitamin C extracted from corn sugar (instead of actual fruit powder) has negative side-effects taken at large doses.

They have also given synthetic B vitamins to newborn pigs. They became sterile and died after 150 days.

my friend takes injectable B12 shots, every other day
and yet he did not become sterile or died after any time of the year.

hes much healthier after the shots (he didnt have deficiency in the first place)

try taking ZMA before sleep.

i get more dreams that way, and as far as lucidity goes, i never really had lucid dreams, except for a couple times during my childhood
+Quote Post
Grumbledude
post Aug 25, 2016, 03:19 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 38325

QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Jun 19, 2007, 11:09 PM) *

QUOTE(OrionStyles @ Jun 19, 2007, 07:56 PM) *
While waking up from a lucid dream under an enhancer, I often experienced the side effects described for inducing lucid dreaming by the WILD techniques (wikipedia it)... specifically a loud thunderous auditory hallucination. The auditory hallucination is startling at first, but eventually seemed to be all the sound going on in the room in slow motion at an elevated perceived decibel level. The sound diminished in perceived decibel level as the brain sped up the auditory processing into normal speed. (this is something I need to research, I am not aware of any study on the perception of "hearing" in slow motion while changing brain states, any place someone can point me to on this is most welcome)

very interesting. I have experienced these, though in different contexts, and have never heard them described as "all the sound going on in the room in slow motion".

I've come to relate experiences such as this to Exploding Head Syndrome or EHS - I prefer the slow motion sound description. Also funny how ones mood effects lucid dream quantity and quality. Seems that Home, Home on the Range, Mary Poppins, That's Amore, Peter Pan and other pop culture metaphors for lucid dreaming (and by extension astral travel) might have been right about the happy feels and pixie dust all along!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 11:26 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles