BrainMeta'                 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New forums for the "Computer Science & Coding" subforum, I think there needs to be something about more theoretical ideas.
HiddenVariable
post Jan 14, 2007, 05:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 7000

"Theoretical Computer Science" or "Computational Complexity Theory." I mean, we have subforums for certain programming languages, which is relevant to brainmeta because of their connection to AI, which is an interesting topic akin to the brain.

But a more theoretical forum could make conjectures/hypotheses or theories about the limitations and bounding nature of computation and therefore make connections to AI.

(For example, one could lead a discussion of Turing machines and the Halting problem into that of how we behave as biological equivalents of machines to a degree, or something like that)

Also, do we have a forum for things about logic/reasoning itself? I'm kind of new here.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Shawn
post Jan 14, 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #2

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

hi HiddenVariable and welcome. Having a "Theoretical Computer Science" board is certainly a possibility, and will be created if enough interest is shown in the board. In the interim, maybe consider posting at the Computer Science forum at http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?showforum=115
+Quote Post
Rick
post Jan 15, 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #3

Supreme God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 3068

Welcome HV. I'd like to get your opinion on James Anderson's paper on his Perspex Machine:

http://www.bookofparagon.com/Mathematics/S...002.Perspex.pdf

Particularly concerning the validity of the claim that the perspex machine is a supra-turing machine that can enable robot consciousness and free will.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 08:29 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog