Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don't know what to do, suffering from PTSD, ADD, ADHD
Loloy
post Oct 11, 2006, 12:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 5837

I've been taking 1mg clonazepam and 2mg xanax for about maybe 6 months. I recently started taking Adderall, due to my inability to focus. I do have an addictive personaliy, so I'm starting to crave adderall. However it does help me focus, and the clonazepam really does help the anxiety. however, regardless of the dosage of the clonazepam i take i'm an insomniac. I also have cravings for opiates and amphetamines - but i'm not sure what to take for them. I'm also getting headaches and theres no desire to eat at all. is anyone else having these problems? what works for you?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Oct 11, 2006, 08:18 AM
Post #2

Demi-God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 4349

I've been taking 1mg clonazepam and 2mg xanax for about maybe 6 months. I recently started taking Adderall, due to my inability to focus. I do have an addictive personaliy, so I'm starting to crave adderall. However it does help me focus, and the clonazepam really does help the anxiety. however, regardless of the dosage of the clonazepam i take i'm an insomniac. I also have cravings for opiates and amphetamines - but i'm not sure what to take for them. I'm also getting headaches and theres no desire to eat at all. is anyone else having these problems? what works for you?

I would strongly suggest getting a differential diagnosis. Honestly that would be the best place to start.

+Quote Post
DeLRo
post Oct 08, 2011, 12:31 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 33653

What is your dosage for Adderall? And are you taking IR or XR? I only ask because I too tend to have an addictive personality, but once I found my ideal dosage I never really had cravings for Adderall that was over my normal(sometimes I would actually take less).

I also agree with getting a 2nd opinion BTW.
+Quote Post
Joe
post May 31, 2012, 10:29 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 34291

blank.gif
QUOTE(Loloy @ Oct 11, 2006, 01:19 AM) *

Hi, I have suffered from anxiety, chronic clinical depression, adhd/add,short term memory disorder, sleep pattern disorders,etc... I found out the organic/metabolic reason for all the conditions by running the word PYROLURIA through my search engine. I could go on and on about the symptoms list, but it will be better if you find this out for your self (so that nothing will get turned around in translation). Any Naturopathic Physician can come up with a much healthier regemine than any M.D. could ever recommend. Good luck and remember everyone matters.
P.S. MD's are not allowed by the FDA to perscribe non-pattentable natural medications even if they know that they do work. It can cost them their license to practice Medicine and land them in jail.

+Quote Post
cybergenesis
post Dec 15, 2013, 08:24 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 36723

Do you abuse the benzodiazepines?

They are likely to worsen addictive characteristics in addiction prone people.

You could try an alpha 2a adrenergic antagonist like Clonidine (Catapres), or the newer ones (Sorry forget name, lazy at moment).

If you have unstable moods try 2mg every day Abilify or 5mg every second day in conjunction with above.

Be CAREFUL if you combine both those medicines. Abilify enhances the effects of Clonidine.

Opiates and amphetamines both (temporarily if abused) enhance prefrontal cortex functioning- from what I have read AND experienced. Taking them SLOWLY it critical or they will activate reward centers and be less effectives.

Amphetamines are potent indirect alpha adrenergic agonists, thus agonize alpha 2a like Clonidine. To a limited extent so does nicotine and coffee.

References? Maybe later. I'm ADHD, and tired.

Edit: careless, stupid errors. Hope I got them all
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 06:15 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog