+Steven Curtis Lance
post Sep 02, 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #1

Supreme God

Group: Poet in Residence
Member No.: 449

Sea Stones Among "Bestsellers in Poetry" at Blackwell UK

"...and may all our dreams come true."

I have just been so pleasantly surprised by a bit of good news that I feel like sharing it with someone, and who better to share it with than you, my friends and fellow poets?

My new book Sea Stones, ISBN-10: 1847286003 and ISBN-13: 9781847286000, is now to be found among Blackwell UK's "Bestsellers in Poetry."

Although I was born in the USA, the Lances are an English family, as is my father, so it means so much to me on so many levels to be accepted and my work found worthy in the United Kingdom.

Everyone tells me that my new Sea Stones book is by far the best of all my nine thus far. I do hope you will have a look at it, and that you will like it as well. They tell me I am getting better at my work through practice.

Sea Stones is available everywhere now. The global edition, http://www.lulu.com/content/393223, is softcover, but there is a beautiful collectible hardcover edition, http://www.lulu.com/content/393233, also, available directly from the publisher (I love how it looks in hardcover).

Thank you for allowing me to share my happiness with you.

I appreciate everyone eating Lance snacks, but there is no direct benefit to me thereby. It is my little book, Sea Stones, which saves me.

May we all be successful in all we do, and may all our dreams come true.

Respect and solidarity,

+Stevie

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Sep 04, 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #2

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

Congratulations Steve!

Keep at it, and remember that once the first 'lance' has gotten through, more may follow.

Take care now, Bill.
+Quote Post
+Steven Curtis Lance
post Sep 05, 2006, 12:57 AM
Post #3

Supreme God

So good to hear from you, Bill, my friend of many years now, and so gracious of you to wish me well.

Cheers and thanks, respect and solidarity always,

+Stevie
+Quote Post
+Franziska+
post Sep 16, 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #4

Demi-God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 157

Seeing and watching you grow is a great blessing in my life
Faithfully, *F
+Quote Post
+Steven Curtis Lance
post Sep 16, 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #5

Supreme God

As it is for me, my dear Franziska, seeing and watching you grow these enchanted years in which I have loved you. Things will only get better for us both, as we journey side by side.

I have been extremely surprised and pleased now to find that, in addition to Sea Stones, my Collected Poems and The Red Book are also among Blackwell's "Bestsellers in Poetry." Gott sei Dank, is all I can say. I can hardly believe it.

I now have all three downstairs rooms rented! Two of them just yesterday. They are very nice guys, and everything is all official through my corporate office and all. The poor fellows have to sign rental agreements and all sorts of things. But the lawyer (the new one, the honest one) and the accountant decide all these things. I vetoed a few things in the draught agreement because they sounded a little harsh, but I guess it's good to have all the legalistic stuff in writing.

Life is indeed very strange. I have been plastering all day, if you can believe it. I just want to write a poem now, but I will probably fall asleep before I finish it. One nice thing is that all my tenants genuinely like my poetry, and my new Sea Stones book. It's really weird to have things go right for a change, after so much suffering, but it's also kind of a nice change; I like it this way, unfamiliar as it is.

Good to hear from you, Friskaziska Franziskana!

Love,

+Stevie
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 06:28 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog