BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> God Is In The Magic Mushrooms, Psychedelic drugs could be very good for your mind, heart, soul. Can you believe?
trojan_libido
post Aug 23, 2007, 01:17 AM
Post #31

God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 5681

Hallucinogens can only give you a first hand look at the way your biological body is processing information, and a second hand look at how the brain fantasises based "sometimes" on this information. The fact mystical experiences can be attained using many methods including entheogens is almost proof that God is consciousness itself, in matter or spirit. This is why I believe God is in the Magic Mushroom.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rick
post Aug 23, 2007, 03:11 PM
Post #32

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

And also in the Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds?
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Aug 23, 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #33

God

Yes, and the Morning Glory flower which has, interestingly enough, very apt names for the varieties with the highest alkaloid content:

Heavenly Blues, Pearly Gates, and Flying Saucers.

Compare Pearly Gates with San Pedro (Mescaline cacti sacrament) which is Spanish for St. Peter, guardian of the Gates of Heaven. Also Flying Saucers and the possible link between altered states, OBE's etc. and the abduction phenomenon. See wiki for pages on endogenous DMT and Abduction phenomenon.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Aug 24, 2007, 02:39 AM
Post #34

Supreme God

Member No.: 3458

QUOTE(trojan_libido @ Aug 23, 2007, 11:31 PM) *

Yes, and the Morning Glory flower which has, interestingly enough, very apt names for the varieties with the highest alkaloid content:

Heavenly Blues, Pearly Gates, and Flying Saucers.

Compare Pearly Gates with San Pedro (Mescaline cacti sacrament) which is Spanish for St. Peter, guardian of the Gates of Heaven. Also Flying Saucers and the possible link between altered states, OBE's etc. and the abduction phenomenon. See wiki for pages on endogenous DMT and Abduction phenomenon.

Some memory failure, parallel memory yap?
Interesting indeed.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Aug 24, 2007, 02:45 AM
Post #35

Supreme God

Science is a great thing indeed:

Dr. Rick Strassman, while conducting DMT research in the 1990s at the University of New Mexico, advanced the theory that a massive release of DMT from the pineal gland prior to death or near death was the cause of the near death experience (NDE) phenomenon. Several of his test subjects reported NDE-like audio or visual hallucinations. His explanation for this was the possible lack of panic involved in the clinical setting and possible dosage differences between those administered and those encountered in actual NDE cases.

Several subjects also reported contact with 'other beings', alien like, insectoid and reptilian in nature, in technological environments[4] where the subjects were 'probed', 'tested' and sometimes even 'manipulated' by these 'beings' (see Abduction phenomenon). However, it is important to note that Dr. Strassman's patients were given DMT in a hospital, under observation, while a probe was in their anus to record changes in body temperature.

About the Transformers:

Writers on DMT include Terence McKenna and Jeremy Narby, though most scientists who study psychedelic drugs treat their writings with skepticism. McKenna writes of his experiences with DMT in which he encounters entities he describes as "Self-Transforming Machine Elves".

Wiki has such a great power.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Aug 24, 2007, 03:19 AM
Post #36

God

After having a minimal experience with DMT, ie tiny dose (see http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?showt...=0&#entry80619), i can understand what is meant by machine elves. The closed eyed imagery is profoundly fluid, mathematical and silvery. It's certainly a stream of sorts, and I can imagine any form taking shape and giving the impression of telepathy. Since I consider myself a psychonaut I will definately be doing this again in higher dose and more ritual setting.

For another example of a similar phenomenon, check out writings on the Salvia Goddess. Same concept but different chemical, which is why I believe its entirely probable that endogenous hallucinogens are responsible for all visitations in history. The fact we have taken these ideas and ran with them shows they have indeed been guiding us.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Aug 24, 2007, 06:13 AM
Post #37

Supreme God

Interesting. But please be careful during such experiments.
Gradually mankind will approach to understanding of such
complex phenomena as one you describe. And I am sure that they are numerous
and have very diversified options. Some real some fantastic.
This new science I call Cybernetic Physics.
But it is better not to advertise that, because if all decide to take the
Red pills of Morpheus we will get serious energetic problem. laugh.gif
I am sorry for usage of the cinematographic terminology.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Aug 24, 2007, 06:23 AM
Post #38

God

I always take care during any "experiments" I undertake. Self analysis and creativity is the main reason I dabble in such things, but its very rare I do it more than once a year.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Aug 24, 2007, 06:30 AM
Post #39

Supreme God

No doubt about Dr. Faustus. wink.gif

Nullius in verba.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Aug 24, 2007, 07:19 AM
Post #40

God

Which one Enki, the original legend of Faust and his damnation or the updated Goethes Faust with the Lord stepping in to save his soul? smile.gif

"On the words of no one" certainly sums up my interest in the hallucinogens. Theres a thin veil between conciousness and dreaming, and I believe the fantastical parts of our humanity are actually aspects of the glue that holds rational though together wink.gif
+Quote Post
Enki
post Aug 25, 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #41

Supreme God

I just was meaning a philosopher-scientist who is ready to cross boarders to discover what is out there.

It is really very interesting subject. I have collected a lot of info related with the subject and think that the phenomena is very diversified. Hope one day to publish some ideas under my real name. wink.gif
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Aug 25, 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #42

God

Excellent Enki, I really hope that society breaks through this "drugs are bad m'kay" attitude and realises that everything we put in our mouths, on our bodies and even into our minds has a major effect on the world we're living in. The importing of sugar was a MAJOR factor in setting up a lot of trade routes and furthering our exploration of the world. This sugar has found its way into almost all processed foods and the amount of candy consumed worldwide is staggering.

I think that the speed of change in our culture is indirectly related to the change in our diets. Its no wonder our childrens attention spans are getting shorter when you give some thought about their diets and the amount of quickfire programs and adverts they're subjected to. Kids want things RIGHT NOW! T.V. is the centre of most living rooms and we've yet to really study or acknowledge the fact almost all of humanity is now seeing realities and knowledge that 50 years ago would only be available in books.

Hallucinogens bring images of mentally ill patients bouncing off hospital padded walls, which in almost every case is just not true. Even the shape of the molecules are in most cases very very similar to seratonin, and without belief we couldn't/wouldn't be able to do anything with these biological bodies of ours. Its all very fascinating to me, but maybe i'm damaged from all the LSD I did as a teen smile.gif
+Quote Post
Enki
post Aug 28, 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #43

Supreme God

>Even the shape of the molecules are in most cases very very similar to seratonin

it is very important argument btw.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Aug 28, 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #44

God

Has anyone ever experienced a feeling of oneness or complete calm, or a flash of clarity in which everything seems possible? If so I'd like to know if it was meditation or an entheogen, situation etc. This is relevant to what the mushroom has done for culture and our religious history.
+Quote Post
Orbz
post Aug 28, 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #45

Overlord

Member No.: 6770

QUOTE(trojan_libido @ Aug 29, 2007, 03:23 AM) *

Has anyone ever experienced a feeling of oneness or complete calm, or a flash of clarity in which everything seems possible? If so I'd like to know if it was meditation or an entheogen, situation etc. This is relevant to what the mushroom has done for culture and our religious history.

Yes, it was a strange experience that lasted about an hour. It was not caused directly by anything, but around that time I was doing a lot of meditative work (tai chi/qigong) but nothing of note immediately preceding the experience. Everything seemed to be interconnected in some way shape or form and everything felt as though everything was how it was meant to be.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Aug 28, 2007, 08:53 PM
Post #46

Supreme God

QUOTE(trojan_libido @ Aug 28, 2007, 11:23 AM) *

Yes, such thing happens.
Neither of the numbered.
That happens after hard and satisfactory intellectual work.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Aug 30, 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #47

God

Did you feel changed or refreshed from the experience Orbz, did it make you look for similar reports in history or online? It certainly did for me although my experience was triggered through an hallucinogen and a deep chat on existence. The only natural comparison I can make is when I first became a father (not the birth, the realisation), my mindset was altered as soon as I had a purpose.
+Quote Post
Orbz
post Aug 30, 2007, 12:22 AM
Post #48

Overlord

Member No.: 6770

I didn't really feel changed, maybe a bit refreshed, the experience was certainly enjoyable. I think it probably didn't do change me so much because the experience was completely synonymous with my world view at the time, so it didn't need to change anything. I mostly just noted it as an experience I had, which would probably come around again. It was similar in some ways to an LSD trip, but without the overly strong bodily sensations or visual distortions and with more clear headedness and empathic feelings than on LSD.

A similar experience I had felt as though I was on low dose mdma for about 4-5 days. Again a drug free experience full of empathic feelings for people but in a completely calm state of mind, and no time distortion or feelings of 'I need to do something' that you get on ecstasy which could be probably be the adulterated amphetamine in the pill. I have to some extent figured out how to recreate this type of experience through mental focus/meditation. Although it seems to be far better and lasts longer when it just sneaks up on you, it can be hard work.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Aug 30, 2007, 01:03 AM
Post #49

God

Naturally occuring altered states are almost always more satisfying and more valid than their chemical counterparts in my opinion. Pure MDMA is still being used in psychotherapy as far as I know, allowing the drugs obvious effects (empathy, love etc) to work their magic in councelling is probably the most intelligent thing the medical world has done since that awful banning of LSD because it was challenging everyday tax payers and religious types.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Aug 30, 2007, 02:37 AM
Post #50

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(trojan_libido @ Aug 24, 2007, 06:23 AM) *

I always take care during any "experiments" I undertake. Self analysis and creativity is the main reason I dabble in such things, but its very rare I do it more than once a year.

Yea, right! You'd be lying if you told me that you're not also having a helova good time!
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Aug 30, 2007, 03:38 AM
Post #51

God

To be honest, I rarely have a "helova good time" whilst on any hallucinogen. I have a love/hate relationship with these substances that is almost sadistic, curiosity and awe seem to be my main motivation smile.gif
+Quote Post
forgottenpresence
post Sep 03, 2007, 08:29 PM
Post #52

Overlord

Member No.: 12281

QUOTE(trojan_libido @ Aug 28, 2007, 12:23 PM) *

Has anyone ever experienced a feeling of oneness or complete calm, or a flash of clarity in which everything seems possible? If so I'd like to know if it was meditation or an entheogen, situation etc.

I feel meditation is important when integrating the psychedelic experience into every day life. Every time I use an entheogen I meditate before and after. This allows for cultivation of awareness into everyday life. It allows me to transcend attachment to lower third-dimensional ego consciousness into higher more expanded states of awareness/being.

Taking psychedelics alone without meditation would not be nearly as effective IME. All information and energy and understanding received during such an experience would be lost to the fog of the conditioned mind.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Sep 03, 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #53

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

It allows me to transcend attachment to lower third-dimensional ego consciousness into higher more expanded states of awareness/being.

Altered states induced by drugs is not a transcended state of consciousness. What you are attempting to delude yourself with is the ego's belief in transcended states of consciousness which is not something that you visit on occasion or with the help of some chemical process.

Taking psychedelics alone without meditation would not be nearly as effective IME. All information and energy and understanding received during such an experience would be lost to the fog of the conditioned mind.

Effective meditation is a progressive movement toward permanent expansion of conscious awareness, which by the way in its early stages is rarely free from the influence of the ego unless you are enlightened already. Taking drugs creates scarring in the natural pathways that allow the mind and body to connect naturally, making it more difficult to naturally achieve communion with the absolute. Anyone in an expanded state of awareness would never compromise their ability to commune with the absolute by taking drugs of any kind.
Taking drugs actually stresses the nervous system which has to be cleared and unraveled before the mind and body can return to its natural state.

Unless you can transcend the drugs before taking them (which would preclude the insanity of taking the drug in the first place in the attempt to further delude yourself in the belief that you can permanently expand consciousness by taking drugs of any kind) drugs will have the opposite effect of any comprehensive meditation.

With drugs altered states are random and unpredictable. With the discipline of meditation and the removal of stress from the nervous system the permanent relationship of the awareness with the absolute is stable, permanent and predictable as one becomes more aware of reality.
The only thing predicable about taking drugs is that you will experience something different when you take them and it will take more of the drug to achieve something even similar to the time before.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Sep 04, 2007, 12:14 AM
Post #54

God

which would preclude the insanity of taking the drug in the first place
This is purely your opinion Joesus, the fact of the matter is these substances are of major importance to understanding our own nature and the process that leads to mystical experiences. These hallucinations can happen naturally, as I've experienced. If you were my priest you'd have probably jumped to the conclusion I was possessed by some kind of demons then had me cleansed with fire...
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Sep 04, 2007, 07:11 AM
Post #55

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

These hallucinations can happen naturally

If it's an Hallucination then is it natural? Yes Anyone can hallucinate, in fact that is probably closer to the reality of the waking state mind which is steeped in beliefs and mental conditioning.
What is natural for the mind and body in expanded states of consciousness is not induced by chemically altered states that are temporary and inconsistent.

If you were my priest you'd have probably jumped to the conclusion I was possessed by some kind of demons then had me cleansed with fire...
But I'm not a priest, and I'm not inclined to believe that superstitious assumptions rallied around the manipulation of the mind with hallucinogens is the scientific foundation for the discovery of God or the equal of enlightened mind-body chemistry.

the fact of the matter is these substances are of major importance to understanding our own nature and the process that leads to mystical experiences.

Mystical experiences are for mystics, those who barely understand the reality in the physical, have a tough time dealing with their physical experience and spend a lot of time attempting to merge the physical in the projections of their best guess of what exists outside their own beliefs.
The reality of this is that when it is all said and done, and the mind comes to realize that altered states are derivatives of stress and chemically induced altered states of consciousness, and can only point the way to what is much more clear when the body is cleared of stress, the mind is cleared of stress, one naturally expands ones self into a stable reality that exists and underlies the mental and physical conditioning of illusions created by beliefs and fantasy.

If you want to understand the reality of your True permanent nature does it really make sense to believe that you would be a hallucination, or something that is temporary, inconsistant and impermanent?
+Quote Post
forgottenpresence
post Sep 04, 2007, 02:28 PM
Post #56

Overlord

QUOTE(Joesus @ Sep 04, 2007, 12:43 AM) *

Altered states induced by drugs is not a transcended state of consciousness. What you are attempting to delude yourself with is the ego's belief in transcended states of consciousness which is not something that you visit on occasion or with the help of some chemical process.

maybe you should realize your own delusions.

mushrooms connect us with nature, with ourselves. you are a fool if you believe the ego cannot be transcended through entheogens and meditation combined. i have expanded 4 feet out of my body in all directions on lsd. i have experienced multi-dimensional conscious awareness out of body experiences on high doses of ketamine while the sun was coming up. this is not my ego's belief, this is an experience. it would be a delusion to deny the experience, and deny the fact that I transcended attachment to mind/body.

just because mushrooms are external, or induce some "chemical process", does not mean it is not natural and delusional. absolutely rediculous. we are connected with the earth, we use the earth's tools to connect with ourselves. obviously you are ignorant of what goes on within a shaman in the amazon when he ingests ayahuasca.

Plants contain something which could be called a spirit, or soul, or some consciousness. When I ingest such a plant I have the feeling that this part of the planet heals us. My own consciousness attracts itself, through you.

Effective meditation is a progressive movement toward permanent expansion of conscious awareness, which by the way in its early stages is rarely free from the influence of the ego unless you are enlightened already.

I agree, this is why I stated it is important to integrate the entheogenic experience with meditation.
+Quote Post
forgottenpresence
post Sep 04, 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #57

Overlord

QUOTE(Joesus @ Sep 04, 2007, 08:11 AM) *

These hallucinations can happen naturally

If it's an Hallucination then is it natural? Yes Anyone can hallucinate, in fact that is probably closer to the reality of the waking state mind which is steeped in beliefs and mental conditioning.
What is natural for the mind and body in expanded states of consciousness is not induced by chemically altered states that are temporary and inconsistent.

just because some experiences are caused by chemical reactions in the brain does not mean it is not natural. the brain is made up of chemicals, adding chemicals to the mix is not adding something unnatural. everything is natural to some extent, hallucinations are natural because we are natural beings and everything we experience is natural. it is our interpretation that is illusion. all experience is real. the
experiences induced from entheogens is not all chemical, this is absurd. it is a combination with the earths tools and our awareness/brain which allows us to transcend body and connect with the earth.

altered states induced by entheogens DO NOT have to be temporary and inconsistent. this is why i mentioned before that it is important to INTEGRATE the experiences with meditation so more awareness/understanding/information can be accessed and received during the sober state.

Mystical experiences are for mystics, those who barely understand the reality in the physical, have a tough time dealing with their physical experience and spend a lot of time attempting to merge the physical in the projections of their best guess of what exists outside their own beliefs.

saying mystics do not understand the reality of the physical is absurd and completely ignorant. first of all you are using a label to describe something which should have no label. second, you do not know all mystics and what they know/experience. stop assuming you do, this is delusion and illusion and manifestation of lower dimensional ego self.

If you want to understand the reality of your True permanent nature does it really make sense to believe that you would be a hallucination, or something that is temporary, inconsistant and impermanent?

consciousness expansion, NDE, OBE, astral travel, healing induced through entheogens+meditation is not a hallucination. it is a real experience. i have hallucinated and i have experienced more expanded things. maybe you haven't, if you haven't experienced then you would have no idea. absolutely none.

good day!
+Quote Post
forgottenpresence
post Sep 04, 2007, 11:10 PM
Post #58

Overlord

light information is something we can tune into with or without catalysts such as the sacred shroom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J1lfWjOaCs&v3
+Quote Post
simon
post Sep 05, 2007, 06:17 AM
Post #59

Aspiring

Member No.: 6876

Has anyone else noticed that there does seem to be an obvious Sun-God-Serotonin-Tryptamine connection here?
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Sep 05, 2007, 06:46 AM
Post #60

God

Yes Simon, some of us have. Others who have only read of such experiences doubt it, others who have only had naturally enduced experiences doubt it, and finally the small majority who have had both
natural experiences and artificially enduced experiences see there is a strong similarity in both, but favour the natural.

What I see though is a society that doesn't want the majority to experience ego dissolution, either to keep power or to keep the majority behaving like sheep. If feeling Nirvana or the like is all that, then why are so many people threatened by peoples attempts to reach it?
+Quote Post

19 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 07:21 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles