BrainMeta'                 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chinese Censors Say No To Latest "Pirates Of The Caribbean" Movie, Movie banned from China
Guest_code buttons_*
post Jul 13, 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

There can only be one explanation to this article about this latest chinese attitude towards the movie (well, maybe two possible explanations):
1- The Chinese goverment have a stake on their media bootleggin industry
2- The Chinese won't accept competion from overseas "pirates"

July 10, 2006 3:00 p.m. EST

Richard Rittierodt - All Headline News Staff Writer
Hollywood, CA (BANG) - "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" has been banned in China.

Chinese censors have refused to allow the film to be screened because of its "violent and supernatural content".

Reports suggest the Film Bureau, which is government controlled, didn't approve of the movie's portrayal of souls of the dead or the ferocious "octopus-faced" character, Davy Jones, played by actor Bill Nighy.

Although China does not have a film rating system, censors usually reject scenes of sex and violence, passing only 20 foreign films a year.

Meanwhile, the movie has broken box office records on its first weekend of release.

In the US, the pirate sequel took a record $132 million in just three days - beating the previous high of $115 million set by "Spider-Man" in May 2002.

On Friday alone, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" took $55.5 million - beating previous record holder "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" which took $50 million on its first day of release last year.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7004170491

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Jul 13, 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 4556

That was me again!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Golden Turtle
post Jan 29, 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16670

That's hilarious buttons. I hear they also banned the bible too. Go China! Maybe we should ban Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM) here in the U.S. We practically have in our medical ignorance anyways.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Jan 30, 2008, 06:52 AM
Post #4

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(Golden Turtle @ Jan 29, 2008, 02:38 PM) *

That's hilarious buttons. I hear they also banned the bible too. Go China! Maybe we should ban Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM) here in the U.S. We practically have in our medical ignorance anyways.

Thanks, Turtle. In true fareness to the Chinese, though, they are taking giant strides toward adopting market capitalism and accepting its rules of engagement (as if they could stop the tidal wave of changes anyway, right?). Their disregard for the established laws concerning intellectual ownership, however, continues to be a headache for the US movie and record industry.
+Quote Post
Golden Turtle
post Jan 31, 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #5

Yes, I hope they live long and prosper. Though they have had some bumpy years as of recent past, the Chinese have always kept to their roots too a large extent. I wish I knew more about their history as well as their present governmental system. For a long time China has been a business and cultural boon to the world. If America and China could merge into a harmonious oneness that would be a true boon for both parties and the world. For now I suppose we should refine ourselves from within, to hopefully, some day meet in equality.
+Quote Post
Golden Turtle
post Jan 31, 2008, 10:53 PM
Post #6

P.S. If a headache is all we get, no doubt the Chinese could diagnose and cure it, teach us how to prevent it from happening again, and all without poisonous prescriptions and lazer beam cannons.(lol)
+Quote Post
yoyoutwo
post Feb 01, 2008, 07:50 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 16429

lmao, turtle you truely are a comedic genius! and as for what you said about wanting to know more about Chinese history I'd be glad to give you a breefing any time. although, in truth I can't say I agree with the dession to banning the "Dead Man's Chest" movie because widely in china people still practice black magic. and for them to not show the movie because supernatural content is a complete hipocrocy.
+Quote Post
Golden Turtle
post Feb 02, 2008, 12:39 AM
Post #8

I would be interested in that. You can send me any time.

Black magic!? What kind of black magik?!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 04:05 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog