Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stablon is a smart drug
Tone
post Mar 06, 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #61

Overlord

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 4916

there was a recent news story that SSRIs are fraud, something i said for years. it was probably posted on this forum im guessing but wouldnt know.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7263494.stm

also i want to say that my original post still applies, the drug Stablon (Tianeptine), though not called a nootropic, will have that effect alot more than stacking a bunch of nootropics will. its sort of like comparing genseng and speed. youll just focus a lot better on stablon.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ph0b
post Mar 09, 2008, 11:04 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 19120

Hey all,

Here's another *BUMP* for this thread. I've been trying to find everything I can about Tianeptine for about a week now and so far I like what I'm reading... I have Social Anxiety Disorder which leads to mild depression every now and again so hopefully this will be the final answer... I've only taken Xanax for about a month and I hated how it made me a zombie. Not on any meds currently and frankly, I'd rather suffer from anxiety than to walk around like a zombie with no emotions...

While researching tianeptine, I found a really interesting read from one of my fav authors, Claude Rifat who 1st introduced me to GHB and Lucid Dreaming. His studies/conclusions are really interesting! Yes, I've experimented with GHB for it's sociablising properties and it was truly AMAZING! Too bad it's scheduled in the US and so I've decided to discontinue using it.

Anyway here is the thing that applies here:

Because the present-day SSRIs, which act by increasing the post-synaptic effects of serotonin, are, in fact, not thymoanaleptics, but thymoanaesthetics, meaning that they work by anaesthetising emotions! In fact, SSRIs are "mood-blunters", they blunt mood, an effect reminiscent of another purported "new" "anti-depressant": captopril. We have, recently, also found a natural mood thymoanaesthetic principle in a species os sage (salvia splendens) or the scarlet sage! This active principle is not yet identified but seems, theoretically, due to one or both remarkable compounds found in this sage: salviarin and splendidin, which are neo-clerodanes diterpens hypothesized to act as anti-insects, by disturbing the function of the tiny "brains" of insects. The blunting of mood is also a symptom of negative schizophrenia.So SSRIs are, in fact, "mind xylocaines" (xylocaine is an anaesthetic used for the suppression of pain,like in hemorhoids,for example)! Psychiatrists, not knowledgeable in introspective psychopharmacology, erroneously interpret the blunting of emotions induced by the SSRIs as a thymoanaleptic effect while it is, in fact, a thymoanasthetic effect!

The French have invented the first authentic serotoninergic anti-depressant which is called Stablon or Tianeptine. Tianeptine has both anti-depressant and anxiolytic activity and has been used, successfully, in depressive individuals exposed priorly to MDMA. Tianeptine is a selective serotonin re-uptake enhancer(SSRE), which is just exactly the opposite of SSRIs! The reason why Stablon is a thymoanaleptic is, precisely, because, normally, serotonin decreases all form of reactivity in the central nervous system, mood included. Serotonin is a general behavioural reducer.Then, antagonising the effects of serotonin should, if properly targetted in the limbic system and its association with the pre-frontal cortex, give rise to a true anti-depressant effect with mood elevation instead of mood blunting. This is what is, precisely, observed with Tianeptine! Here is where MDMA becomes interesting as a prototypal molecule for novel anti-depressants of the new sociabilisers class. MDMA seems to act on serotoninergic receptors which decrease the effects of serotonin somewhere in the limbic system, thus giving rise to stimulation of sociability, like with Gamma-OH. Though some differences are observed between MDMA and GHB these differences are not important because MDMA is, in fact, a partial sociabilier, while GHB is a full sociabiliser even though MDMA might seem, to some, to be stronger than Gamma-OH.

However, I have minutely dissected the effects of both, on myself, and I found that the subjective quality of enhancement of sociability per se with MDMA was absolutely similar to the enhancement of sociability with Gamma-OH. What makes a subjective difference, between both molecules, is that MDMA has additional SSRIs-mimetic psychotropic effects and low "hallucinogenic" effects reminiscent of psilocine (with an "e"! Psilocine is an alkaloid and, according to international law of nomenclature, the "e" should be added!). This combination of GHB effects, SSRIs-mimetic effects and low hallucinosis is the very essence of the MDMA experience. I have, recently, reclassified all the molecules formerly called "hallucinogenic" as "cogitatiogens" or "pensogens", from the Latin and the French, meaning: molecules which generate and increase, specifically, thought. Thus the cogitatiogenic effect of MDMA is quite an important psychotropic effect of this molecule, as a medicine.It is the specific mixture of increased thought, increased sociability with decreased anxiety and stress which is the basis of the therapeutical effect of MDMA.

Coming back to Tianeptine, novel non-neurotoxic derivatives of MDMA will be found to have not only anti-depressant but also anxiolytic and anti-stress effects and we can safely assume that they will start, in concomittance with the development of Gamma-OH mimetics, a new psychopharmacological revolution. The fact that depression in priorly exposed MDMA individuals can be reversed with tianeptine is a very important fact which will, obviously, be noticed by all our readers. As increasing, globally, serotoninergic neurotransmission gives a net effect of blunting of affect it is logical (and demonstrated with Stablon) to expect that reducing serotonin action in some specific crucial loci will stimulate affect. Regarding this, an interesting observation has been made with the drug NAN-190 which increases tyrosine hydroxylase activity, nearly to GHB levels, by an action at 5-HT1a post-synaptic heteroreceptors. The net effect of this might mean that a reduction of serotoninergic neurotransmission could lead to an increase in dopaminergic neurotransmission. In fact the antagonistic links between dopamine and serotonin in the central nervous system has led me to the concept of the serotonin/balance hypothesis. This hypothesis predicts that MDMA sociabilising effects should be linked to both dopamine and serotonin. My present working hypothesis, as stated before, is that the sociabilisers exert a chain of neurochemical events leading to an increased oxytocinergic function.

Sociabilisers will probably throw most SSRIs to the wastebasket once they are fully developed!

I would link to the FULL article but it won't let me post URL's...
+Quote Post
Antonio
post Apr 06, 2008, 03:42 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 20412

Hello,
Sorry about English.
I am from Spain. Here tianeptine is not sold, but it can be bought in France.
I have been using it for about three months, 3 tablets of 12.5 a day. Prior I have tested ssri, paroxetine. And I have tried wellbutrin.
The effect of tianeptina is different. It is both relaxing and activating. And doesn't produce sedation or agitation.
It likes, partially, as to take a little Diazepam. As 2 milligrams or less. But without sedation. None of sedation. Produces tranquility. As calm or peace. It does not produce euroforia either.
And paritially it is also activating, but not like wellbutrin. Wellbutrin produced as tension. Tianeptine is activating, but without tension or agitation, calmly. But is activating, you can do more things.
Also makes less sad, as more cheerful. But without euphoria.
Negative part:
Produces, if taken every day (not only one time), emotions less clear. Not as ssri removing emotions. But as a foggy or little blurred emotions.
Another bad thing is that the effects last for a very short time, less than 4 hours. And among pill and pill depression sometimes returns. And you can feel a little bad.
But for me it is much better antidepressant than ssri or that wellbutrin. (I don't like ssri)
Not feeling any side effects. I didn't have any side effect, sexual or physical. Neither on the dream
It's better to leave it little by little, because you can feel a little bad.
Now I no longer take it as antidepressant. But sometimes I take a pill as a tranquilizer. As mild tranquilizer works very well, without sedation, and now I use it some day for that.
Sorry again for my English.
+Quote Post
Inner Traveler
post Apr 09, 2008, 07:47 AM
Post #64

Member No.: 14324

Hello everyone:

I want to continue my discussion about Stablon since my original post on Nov. 11, 2007.
Usually the winter months are gloomy for me, but since taking Stablon continuously, I
have not had a depressive episode. 12.5mg x 3/day seems to be just fine with me, and more acts as a cognitive enhancer. It allows me to feel the full range of human emotions,
yes, even sadness also, because that is part of being alive in this body.

I order from AuraPharm. A $180 order gets me free shipping. I keep track of my order and when it’s received (usually 3 weeks) and allow for a little overlap in supply.
For those in the U.S.A. concerned about ordering from overseas, do you want to be indecisive, or do you want to get well? Indecision, after all is a great part of being depressed. And when have you ever been able to trust this government and its FDA to help people make accurate choices in dealing with their depression and other health issues? It works, at least for me. I’ll never take Prozac or another S.S.R.I. again.

And taking it 3x a day shouldn’t really be a problem either, because if your concerned about nutrition and your overall health, then you’ve already discovered that eating several
small meals a day instead of one or two large ones makes you feel better.

I recently spent five weeks in India on a religious quest. I took my laptop with me and wrote several Journal entries outlining in detail my spiritual experiences of that day.
Because of the situation of dogs barking throughout the night, (dogs are underfed and are
generally uncared for) I would frequently wake up at midnight or 1:00 A.M. I would make some tea, swallow two Stablon tabs, and write my Journal letters. It’s amazing as I
read and revise them now that I’m home once again. The introspection of my own processes and clear thinking I had then, in no small part I believe, because of the Stablon.

Perhaps it’s true that it won’t work as well for others, after all, we’re all so unique individuals. What we inherited from our parents and early childhood experiences all
are important factors in deciding upon a correct course of treatment for ourselves.

Best to all seekers.
Inner Traveler

+Quote Post
dan468
post May 10, 2008, 09:51 AM
Post #65

Member No.: 22190

QUOTE(Inner Traveler @ Apr 09, 2008, 08:47 AM) *

Hello everyone:

I order from AuraPharm. A $180 order gets me free shipping. I keep track of my order and when it’s received (usually 3 weeks) and allow for a little overlap in supply.
For those in the U.S.A. concerned about ordering from overseas, do you want to be indecisive, or do you want to get well? Indecision, after all is a great part of being depressed. And when have you ever been able to trust this government and its FDA to help people make accurate choices in dealing with their depression and other health issues? It works, at least for me. I’ll never take Prozac or another S.S.R.I. again.

Best to all seekers.
Inner Traveler

Are there consequences from ordering it to the US?
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post May 10, 2008, 11:10 AM
Post #66

Demi-God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 4349

QUOTE(dan468 @ May 10, 2008, 12:51 PM) *
QUOTE(Inner Traveler @ Apr 09, 2008, 08:47 AM) *

Hello everyone:

Best to all seekers.
Inner Traveler

Are there consequences from ordering it to the US?

There is a small risk of customs blocking or taking your package.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post May 10, 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #67

God

From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Member No.: 4838

QUOTE(Promicarus @ Jun 27, 2006, 12:44 PM) *
... Nothing is absolutely without risk. I'm sorry to inform you that you may be the first, one and only, individual ever to suffer painful death (or for that matter, any slight inconvenience) from having taken Stablon--but yes, you make a good point: That's always a possibility....
Alright then, before anyone puts Stablon, whatever. into our systems, how smart is it to do so-- with this, or any other drug--without consulting medical experts we can trust?
+Quote Post
concerned sister
post May 13, 2008, 04:35 AM
Post #68

Member No.: 22319

QUOTE(Seth409 @ Jul 27, 2007, 08:58 AM) *

Hello all,

I have been battling depression for years and have found Stablon to be the first drug that has actually helped me with no side effects. The problem is that I'm in the US and for reasons I can't go into here, I need a legal prescription. I would be willing to go to France if I had to, but does anybody know of the closest place to the US where I can see an MD to get a prescription? Is it possible, for example, to get it in Bermuda or Canada? If anybody knows an MD I could contact, it would really help.

With thanks in advance,

Seth

u can actually buy stablon in trinidad and tobago at any pharmacy without a prescription! t
he cost for a box of 30 tablets is approx us$18.
+Quote Post
YoungS
post May 24, 2008, 07:48 AM
Post #69

Awakening

Member No.: 22980

Hey all,

I'm new to this site (from Holland) and bought Stablon from a factory/pharmacy (Serdia the sister of the French Servier) in India for $16 per 30 tabs.

I am on Stablon right now for the second day, I have a weird side effect, maybe someone knows what it is, when I turn my head I get a little electric shock in my brain.

Has it occur to anyone using Stablon? If so, did it go away after a while?

And talking about Cognitive enhancers, I also bought Modafinil $29 for 30tabs from the same place and I must say that's a great drug, way better than Ritalin that made me numb instead of enhancing my concentration.

Anyway, I hope someone has a answer about the Stablon side effect, my physician might not know what it is since Stablon is not available in The Netherlands.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post May 24, 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #70

Demi-God

QUOTE(YoungS @ May 24, 2008, 10:48 AM) *
Hey all,

I'm new to this site (from Holland) and bought Stablon from a factory/pharmacy (Serdia the sister of the French Servier) in India for $16 per 30 tabs.

I am on Stablon right now for the second day, I have a weird side effect, maybe someone knows what it is, when I turn my head I get a little electric shock in my brain.

Has it occur to anyone using Stablon? If so, did it go away after a while?

And talking about Cognitive enhancers, I also bought Modafinil $29 for 30tabs from the same place and I must say that's a great drug, way better than Ritalin that made me numb instead of enhancing my concentration.

Anyway, I hope someone has a answer about the Stablon side effect, my physician might not know what it is since Stablon is not available in The Netherlands.

It's seems to be similar to a side effect that is experienced with some people with SSRI's after going off them for a short time. Generally the effect should disappear however if it is bothersome then you may want to drop it.
+Quote Post
YoungS
post May 25, 2008, 01:28 AM
Post #71

Awakening

It's seems to be similar to a side effect that is experienced with some people with SSRI's after going off them for a short time. Generally the effect should disappear however if it is bothersome then you may want to drop it.

That really makes sense, I was on Zoloft and quit it cold turkey.
So if I understand you right, your saying that it's the Zoloft that made this effect and not the Stablon?
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post May 25, 2008, 01:45 AM
Post #72

Demi-God

QUOTE(YoungS @ May 25, 2008, 04:28 AM) *

That really makes sense, I was on Zoloft and quit it cold turkey.
So if I understand you right, your saying that it's the Zoloft that made this effect and not the Stablon?

Given that information yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_shivers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSRI_discontinuation_syndrome
+Quote Post
YoungS
post May 25, 2008, 02:18 AM
Post #73

Awakening

WOW, thats all the information I was looking for written on one page, haha!
I was allready getting anxious/confused on what it could be.

You really helped to clear my head with this information.

Thank you very VERY much!!
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post May 25, 2008, 03:03 AM
Post #74

Demi-God

QUOTE(YoungS @ May 25, 2008, 05:18 AM) *
WOW, thats all the information I was looking for written on one page, haha!
I was allready getting anxious/confused on what it could be.

You really helped to clear my head with this information.

Thank you very VERY much!!

Your quite welcome.
+Quote Post
ph0b
post Jun 30, 2008, 02:51 AM
Post #75

Here is a quick update for those that care:

Since my last post on here about Tianeptine, I found a reliable source that's already mentioned on this thread and have been taking it @ recommended dose for around 2 months and it has definitely helped my mild anxiety to the point where it's almost non existent.

Because of it's short half life (~2.5 hrs) I first started taking it every 8 hours but found it work better if it was every 4-6 hours x 3 a day. It has not touched my libido at all which is awesome! The 1st couple of weeks I got sleep disturbances and vivid dreams, but this is to be expected and subsides. Also, a very mild headache after about an hour after the 1st dose was noticeable but this too subsided.

Right now, if I didn't know any better, I couldn't really say I was on meds, at all! It feels that natural... It has not interfered with my appetite, my cardio exercises or weight lifting so that's also a huge plus. So far so good and no complaints from this camp. The next time I order a batch, I'll get some extra for my girlfriend who also suffers from anxiety/depression and see how she reacts to it, hope it works just as good for her...

I would definitely not have any problem recommending Stablon to anyone who suffers from MILD anxiety/depression, it might not totally get rid of it but reduce it to the point where you feel normal again and not like some zombie with no emotions and a limp bizkit from SSRI's or other inferior medication...
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Jun 30, 2008, 09:34 AM
Post #76

Demi-God

QUOTE(ph0b @ Jun 30, 2008, 05:51 AM) *
Here is a quick update for those that care:

Since my last post on here about Tianeptine, I found a reliable source that's already mentioned on this thread and have been taking it @ recommended dose for around 2 months and it has definitely helped my mild anxiety to the point where it's almost non existent.

Because of it's short half life (~2.5 hrs) I first started taking it every 8 hours but found it work better if it was every 4-6 hours x 3 a day. It has not touched my libido at all which is awesome! The 1st couple of weeks I got sleep disturbances and vivid dreams, but this is to be expected and subsides. Also, a very mild headache after about an hour after the 1st dose was noticeable but this too subsided.

Right now, if I didn't know any better, I couldn't really say I was on meds, at all! It feels that natural... It has not interfered with my appetite, my cardio exercises or weight lifting so that's also a huge plus. So far so good and no complaints from this camp. The next time I order a batch, I'll get some extra for my girlfriend who also suffers from anxiety/depression and see how she reacts to it, hope it works just as good for her...

I would definitely not have any problem recommending Stablon to anyone who suffers from MILD anxiety/depression, it might not totally get rid of it but reduce it to the point where you feel normal again and not like some zombie with no emotions and a limp bizkit from SSRI's or other inferior medication...

Thank you for your experiences.
+Quote Post
flickaflicka
post Jul 01, 2008, 05:07 PM
Post #77

Member No.: 25182

Thanks to LifeMirage and all the other people who have been talking about Stablon. Reading about your experiences and insights has really given me hope today. I can't even describe what I've been going through emotionally.

I discontinued Zoloft about four months ago now and I'd been doing relatively well until the past month or so. I would say, and the research seems to back up this feeling, that zoloft turns the volume down--on everything, both good and bad.

I was sick of feeling muted, of hearing life in monotone, and when I went off the zoloft it was like hearing polyphonic technostereo again! The euphoria of feeling like I might be a regular person, someone who actually has a belly laugh once a while, was enough to keep me going at first, but my social anxiety, and the depression that comes with it which the zoloft was masking, has been creeping up on my steadily.

It really reached a peak today. I just got done crying in bed for an hour, fantasizing about hurting myself. I actually got up to cut (not to kill myself, but just to feel something, anything else) but I couldn't do it because the box cutter I have is rusty. The irony of worrying about tetanus when I'm about to lacerate my arm does not escape me.

But, I'm getting off topic. The point is, I've done a ton of research about drugs including reading these posts, and I'm really excited about Stablon.

What interests me about it is the fact that it seems to have a dampening affect on the HPA axis, which, if you're not familiar is the Hypo-pituitary-adrenal axis in the brain. This is the constellation of organs in the brain that are responsible for the flight or fight response in humans and all other animals, for that matter.

In depressed and anxious people the adrenals and the HPA axis are way out of whack! They are totally over -reactive to negative stimuli in the environment and as a result, the HPA axis triggers the production of an excess amount of cortisol in the brain.

Cortisol is a hormone that's important for readying the body for a fight (or flight) but if the brain is exposed to too much of it as in depression/anxiety (or in my case a SERIOUS case of social phobia), it can cause deleterious, literally toxic effects on the brain, hence the atrophy of the hypocampus in depressed and anxious subjects, and the resultant memory problems that are associated with depression.

This is particularly important to me, because I have awful, awful, memory. One of the reasons I got off of Zoloft was because I felt that it was negatively affecting my cognitive functioning with respect to my memory. Now that I'm off of the drug, I feel that my memory has improved in certain respects, but I still have serious difficulties forming new memories, and remembering things, particularly when I'm in a stressful situation (i.e.; whenever I'm around pretty much any other human being.) As my mood and anxiety has gotten worse over the last few weeks, so too, i feel have the memory difficulties that I've been having.

Now, if I can take a step back for a moment, I'd like to tell you about an interesting thing about both SSRI's (zoloft) and SSRE's (tianeptine). An earlier poster at the beginning of this thread about tianeptine remarked that they couldn't understand why both prozac (an SSRI) and tianeptine (an SSRE) both worked as an anti-depressant, since, as you've probably already read, SSRI's work by inhibiting the uptake of serotonin in the brain, and SSRE's work by the exact opposite function and actually enhance the reuptake of serotonin in the brain.

This is only contradictory if you think that depression is caused by a lack of serotonin in the brain.

In fact, as new research is showing, the effectiveness of anti-depressants like SSRI's (and SSRE's, I would argue too) may have to do with neurogenesis in the brain. I would be citing sources for all of this by the way, but apparently I don't have enough street cred on this forum yet.

However, as many of you who have taken SSRI's will agree, zoloft and prozac make you feel like an emotional zombie. According to the posts and articles that I've read about tianeptine (stablon), this drug reduces cortisol, and also has the affect of causing neurogenesis in the brain, which is exciting because it brings about the hope that it can help repair some of the cognitive damage that is the result of the high levels of cortisol in the brain as a result of the faulty overactive HPA axis. And, at the same time it doesn't cause emotional blunting!

How cool is that?

I only wish that this drug were available in the US. I don't like the idea of buying a drug that I don't have a prescription for. But I feel desperate and I refuse to go back to SSRI's. I'm optimistic about Stablon, despite the high price tag. Thanks for the note about AuraPharm, by the way. I was really apprehensive about getting ripped off, and knowing that a bunch of the members of this forum use them really makes feel better about it.

I should also note that I've been looking into antiglucorticoids, which directly target cortisol uptake in the brain and are currently being hailed by some as the next frontier in antidepressant pharmaceuticals. They've been shown to be highly affective, but most of the research currently is focused on psychotic depression, so, although the response of people suffering psychotic depressive episodes to cortisol-blocking agents like mifepristone has been exceptionally promising, taking a cortisol blocker for psychotic depression, let alone your run of the mill dysthemic blues seems a long, long way off.

Yet another reason that I'm excited about stablon!

For those of you that are thinking about taking this drug, I will be documenting how it goes for me on this forum, unless anyone objects to that. Stay tuned. By the sound of it, I have about four weeks to wait until I even receive the drug. X(
+Quote Post
ph0b
post Jul 01, 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #78

Welcome flickaflicka. Good to have you on board and I can tell you're just as fed up as I am and serious about finding a solution to this evil thing called anxiety, in all forms, but social anxiety being especially debilitating...

Good luck with Stablon and hope it works for you, as I stated above, I also suffer from social anxiety and it's helped me cope and stop it from turning into serious depression, all that without any serious side effects which is great!

I've ordered twice from AuraPharm and both times the meds made it in little over 2 weeks so you might not have to wait as long as you think so that's a plus. I decided to keep taking Stablon for another 2 months and see if I notice any additional benefits, I also have a bottle of phenylethylamine coming my way so hopefully these two will play nice together.
+Quote Post
flickaflicka
post Jul 02, 2008, 07:25 AM
Post #79

Thanks, ph0b! Two weeks? That's good news. Even one week seems like an eternity when you're in a bad state.
+Quote Post
Mr Bananas
post Jul 02, 2008, 07:53 AM
Post #80

Awakening

Member No.: 15960

First of all flickaflicka, welcome to the forum, second of all, you really seem healthy (disregard the cutting part though) based on the way you are able to write, you seem intelligent, third of all, flicka in swedish means girl, are you by chance swedish and live in the states? Just curious.
+Quote Post
flickaflicka
post Jul 02, 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #81

Thanks Mr. B! That's really nice of you to say. A guy actually asked me if I was Swedish once as a pick up line (cute, huh?) As much as I would enjoy being that exotic, I'm not! As to why I chose the name the word popped into my head for absolutely no reason when I was making my profile.

I can be really articulate in writing, but I struggle incredibly with communicating with people in person. I think that's one of my biggest frustrations. I know who I can be "behind the veil", but when in front of someone that part of me that's truly genuine crawls up behind my eyes and refuses to communicate. Anyone who has social phobia will probably relate to this feeling of disingeniousness. It sucks.

Thanks for the welcome!

QUOTE(Mr Bananas @ Jul 02, 2008, 07:53 AM) *

First of all flickaflicka, welcome to the forum, second of all, you really seem healthy (disregard the cutting part though) based on the way you are able to write, you seem intelligent, third of all, flicka in swedish means girl, are you by chance swedish and live in the states? Just curious.

+Quote Post
Shaun
post Jul 17, 2008, 11:43 AM
Post #82

Member No.: 25936

QUOTE(Rick @ Mar 31, 2006, 02:40 PM) *

I read once somewhere that there is a theory that the serotonin antagonist LSD works by reducing serotonin initially. Then the psychedelic affect is caused by a rebounding inrush of serotonin. If that's true, why aren't the SSRIs psychedelics?

I believe the drug actually mimics the serotonin molecule and passes through the brain normally as it has a very similar structure to serotonin. The rest is a mystery.
+Quote Post
JBIII
post Jul 26, 2008, 05:09 AM
Post #83

Member No.: 26522

Hi

I've been trying medications for the past 8 years and only 2 years ago have found the right combination. I am VERY sensitive to dosage so basically every medication has to be taken on a very very low dosage. My "perfect" (I'll explain why the " in a minute) is: 250mg Depakote, 1mg Risperidone, 75mg Wellbutrin and 25mg Sertraline. This REALLY works for me and I'm able to function, work, have a life. The problem is: 25mg of sertraline (yes, only 25mg) turns my sex life into nothing. I have been trying to switch from sertraline to other drugs for two years but either they have not worked or had the same side-effect.

I have started taking Stablon 8 days ago. After 3 days I noticed the sexual dysfunction go away, but on the 5th day I was so uninstereted in sex, it was no use "being able" to do it again. From the 5th day to now (8th day) I've been having horrible nightmares and flashes of "unreality" that go away very quicly but are still quite unpleasant. Yesterday (7th day), I spent all day in bed, had to leave my therapy session because I was so depressed. After waking up I was much better but the following night was chaotic with nightmares.

I'm taking 12,5mg twive a day. As I told you, high dosages, or even standard dosages are 95% of the time too high for me. My doctor believes (as do I) that we should be careful with dosages (e.g.: it took me a LONG time to find out that 50mg of sertraline was making me feel worse - it was only when we decreased the dosage - by accident - that I started to feel better).

So, right now I´m on 250mg Depakote, 1mg Risperidone, 75mg Wellbutrin and 12,5mg Stablon twice a day.

I REALLY wish Stablon would work, I havent had a sex life in 2 years. The thing is I start my MD in August, so I only have a week to decide what to do (stay on Stablon or go back to sertraline) and wont have a chance to try a new medication till december.
+Quote Post
still
post Jul 30, 2008, 03:38 PM
Post #84

Member No.: 26668

QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Apr 03, 2006, 06:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Rick @ Mar 31, 10:40 PM) *

If that's true, why aren't the SSRIs psychedelics?

Ssshhhhh! Or they stop prescribing them to us!

The wiki page on psychedelic experience notes that SSRIs can produce mildly "trippy" experiences.

Interestingly, many people take occasional low doses of psychedelics to ward off depression; salvia is reported to be particularly effective.

This is news to me, I was always under the impression that SSRIs were shit. Maybe I'll try one just time just for comparison.
+Quote Post
Insum
post Aug 02, 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #85

Aspiring

Member No.: 23519

Does anyone notice if this drug loses it's efficacy over time? Why does this happen and if upping the dose, would this not be an ongoing effect? Having to continuously increase your dose?
+Quote Post
lilsandan
post Aug 04, 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #86

Member No.: 26950

Hi Everyone - I'm new to this site and I have to say it contains the most comprehensive user-info on Stablon that's out there. I thought I'd add my experiences because reading about others has helped me navigate my way through the confusing web of medications and mood disorders.

I've suffered with depression for almost four decades, but it wasn't until 6 years ago that I formally entered therapy and was officially diagnosed with depression, panic and anxiety. I started taking Paxil in 2002 and, although it was highly effective, I got tired of enduring the sexual side effects and weight gain and tapered myself off it. In 2004, my new psychiatrist was part of the outpatient alcohol rehab program I was in, and he slowly started me on Trileptal, which is actually used for epileptics but has the wonderful side effect of mood stabilization for those who aren't epileptic. We planned on tapering me up to a stable dose then adding Wellbutrin, however, I found that Wellbutrin amped my anger and anxiety to levels more appropriate for a soldier on the front lines and we crossed Wellbutrin off the list.

The Trileptal alone worked for a while but I was always feeling various levels of depression nipping at my heels. Disgusted with the effects of SSRIs, I aggressively searched the internet and found out about Stablon. Since my therapist was against me self-medicating, I put together an impressive packet of information from the wealth of information on the web and presented it to my psychiatrist. Because Stablon isn't an FDA approved medication in the USA, but I was determined to try it, he agreed to "oversee my taking it" but he couldn't formally authorize it. In September 2006 we started off at an ultra-conservative pace: 1 pill per day for 6 days, after which we added a second dose for another 6 days, and then the final 3rd dose after that. I didn't notice anything spectacular for a few weeks. I think I noticed what wasn't happening faster than what was taking place: There were NO nightmares, NO sleepless nights, NO lack of sexual desire, NO weight gain, NO shakiness, and NO gastrointestinal distress. I slowly noticed that the depression was no longer on my radar, but it took me about three full months to really notice that the depression was gone, and a short while after that the panic and anxiety became manageable.

It has now been almost two years and I am feeling the best that I have EVER felt in my entire life! The panic attacks are totally GONE, the depression is only issue specific (i.e., if there's a death among family/friends) and the anxiety is comparable to what the average person feels. In my personal story I feel that the Stablon combined with psychotherapy and the removal of alcohol in my life is what has made the incredible difference. It's such a shame that a product that has been in use in Europe since the 1980s hasn't been able to compete in the American antidepressant market. However, in 2006 they began testing Stablon as a remedy for irritable bowel system here in the states, so there is a very strong possibility that it may enter the market, and even though it will be for a different use, I'm hoping my doctor will prescribe it.

Finally, I would appreciate any information on the companies that you guys are using to purchase your Stablon. I've gone through three distributors for Stablon, but it seems I am not allowed to list the URLs here.

Anyway, thanks for letting me post, and I hope that everyone is finding a successful path out of the pit of depression!!
+Quote Post
shibuyamike
post Sep 13, 2008, 05:10 AM
Post #87

Member No.: 29428

QUOTE(lilsandan @ Aug 04, 2008, 03:12 PM) *

Hi Everyone - I'm new to this site and I have to say it contains the most comprehensive user-info on Stablon that's out there. I thought I'd add my experiences because reading about others has helped me navigate my way through the confusing web of medications and mood disorders.

I've suffered with depression for almost four decades, but it wasn't until 6 years ago that I formally entered therapy and was officially diagnosed with depression, panic and anxiety. I started taking Paxil in 2002 and, although it was highly effective, I got tired of enduring the sexual side effects and weight gain and tapered myself off it. In 2004, my new psychiatrist was part of the outpatient alcohol rehab program I was in, and he slowly started me on Trileptal, which is actually used for epileptics but has the wonderful side effect of mood stabilization for those who aren't epileptic. We planned on tapering me up to a stable dose then adding Wellbutrin, however, I found that Wellbutrin amped my anger and anxiety to levels more appropriate for a soldier on the front lines and we crossed Wellbutrin off the list.

The Trileptal alone worked for a while but I was always feeling various levels of depression nipping at my heels. Disgusted with the effects of SSRIs, I aggressively searched the internet and found out about Stablon. Since my therapist was against me self-medicating, I put together an impressive packet of information from the wealth of information on the web and presented it to my psychiatrist. Because Stablon isn't an FDA approved medication in the USA, but I was determined to try it, he agreed to "oversee my taking it" but he couldn't formally authorize it. In September 2006 we started off at an ultra-conservative pace: 1 pill per day for 6 days, after which we added a second dose for another 6 days, and then the final 3rd dose after that. I didn't notice anything spectacular for a few weeks. I think I noticed what wasn't happening faster than what was taking place: There were NO nightmares, NO sleepless nights, NO lack of sexual desire, NO weight gain, NO shakiness, and NO gastrointestinal distress. I slowly noticed that the depression was no longer on my radar, but it took me about three full months to really notice that the depression was gone, and a short while after that the panic and anxiety became manageable.

It has now been almost two years and I am feeling the best that I have EVER felt in my entire life! The panic attacks are totally GONE, the depression is only issue specific (i.e., if there's a death among family/friends) and the anxiety is comparable to what the average person feels. In my personal story I feel that the Stablon combined with psychotherapy and the removal of alcohol in my life is what has made the incredible difference. It's such a shame that a product that has been in use in Europe since the 1980s hasn't been able to compete in the American antidepressant market. However, in 2006 they began testing Stablon as a remedy for irritable bowel system here in the states, so there is a very strong possibility that it may enter the market, and even though it will be for a different use, I'm hoping my doctor will prescribe it.

Finally, I would appreciate any information on the companies that you guys are using to purchase your Stablon. I've gone through three distributors for Stablon, but it seems I am not allowed to list the URLs here.

Anyway, thanks for letting me post, and I hope that everyone is finding a successful path out of the pit of depression!!

Hi lilsandan...thanks for the details. Was wondering if you could share the information you provided your doctor. I am here in Japan where the knowledge and management of depression and related illness is lacking and from what I've read of your post it appears your documentation may help me guide my doctor in the right direction.

Regards,
Mike
+Quote Post
Tone
post Oct 24, 2008, 12:44 PM
Post #88

Overlord

Member No.: 4916

Since this thread is now #4 in the results if you type the word stablon in google, i would like to tell Sevier who monitors this thread that you are an idiot for making the tablets only 12.5 mg per piece, that you miscalculated the active dose, and that you shouldnt have done that since depression is such hardcore suffering and in urgent need for results.

Also, Sevier, you are a moron for pursuing melatonin receptor agonists in depression, that will never work. stupid fucks.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Oct 24, 2008, 08:09 PM
Post #89

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(Tone @ Oct 24, 2008, 12:44 PM) *

...this thread is now #4 in the results if you type the word stablon in google..

Well done, Tone. And good to see you back.
+Quote Post
Newbee2
post Oct 25, 2008, 04:07 AM
Post #90

Member No.: 31669

QUOTE(lilsandan @ Aug 05, 2008, 02:12 AM) *

I've suffered with depression for almost four decades, .......................

The Trileptal alone worked for a while but I was always feeling various levels of depression nipping at my heels. Disgusted with the effects of SSRIs, I aggressively searched the internet and found out about Stabl I slowly noticed that the depression was no longer on my radar, but it took me about three full months to really notice that the depression was gone, and a short while after that the panic and anxiety became manageable.

Thanks to people who opened the subject and shared their positive experiences about STABLON. I lived recurred long episodes of anxious-depression for 7 years. 5th one started 2 months ago. I am 74 years old male retired engineer living in Istanbul Turkey.
I take medications for my high blood pressure and my prostate problem, therefore antidepressants given by doctors are very limited kinds. Mostly SSRIs. None of them helped me so far. Therefore I don’t go to doctors anymore because I know what they can prescript. As you notice I don’t have good English to write, but I can understand what is written. I am a forum member located in Turkey. A week ago someone asked if any one knows about STABLON. Thanks to Google it helped me to find this forum. Stablon is available in Turkey. I started to get one tablet (12.5mg) for tree days, today is my first day for two tablets a day. It is my last hope as antidepressant. I also take Omega3 fish oil, Vitamin C and various Bs, and mineral supplements. I and my wife were very exited when we read positive comments about STABLON. We both pry god for effectiveness on me too.

Sincerely,
And thanks for your patience to read my Tarzan style English.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 02:29 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles