Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Antiaging-Cognitive Regimen, Overall Health Enhancement
maximus242
post Nov 25, 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #61

God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 4768

Flex, the reason is because processed food has the nutrients taken out of them when they are processed, they are put back in artifically afterwards but it isnt even close to the original benifits.

When food is processed they take all the good stuff out of it, try to put it back in, fail and then your left with a less healthy product.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Flex
post Nov 25, 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #62

God

Member No.: 5877

QUOTE(maximus242 @ Nov 25, 2006, 01:11 PM) *

Flex, the reason is because processed food has the nutrients taken out of them when they are processed, they are put back in artifically afterwards but it isnt even close to the original benifits.

When food is processed they take all the good stuff out of it, try to put it back in, fail and then your left with a less healthy product.

But how does denaturing a protien in the microwave differ from cooking it on the stove? Back to the oatmeal example...there doesn't appear to be any difference in the product produced in the microwave compared to the stove, except that you have to clean up a pot on the stove. Is there actually a big difference?
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Nov 26, 2006, 02:59 AM
Post #63

Demi-God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 4349

That still doesn't answer WHY I understand you need to make changes, but I was wondering why exactly microwaved and pasteurized foods need to be avoided so much. I mean is there really that big of a difference between oat meal cooked on the stove, and cooked in the microwave?

A number of reasons.

Regarding microwave foods:

To avoid unnecessary high levels of AGEs (Advanced Glycation EndbyproductS) and radiolytic byproducts.

Regarding pasteurized foods:

To avoid unnecessary high levels of AGEs (Advanced Glycation EndbyproductS) and nutrition depleted foods.

Read more regarding this subject here.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Nov 26, 2006, 03:04 AM
Post #64

Demi-God

Do you load with creatine first? If so, how do you load? In an acute fashion or chronically over a month?

I have done extensive research with both creatine monohydrate and whey protein supplementation in aged males (60+ years) with and without resistance training. I should have several medical papers documenting my results published in the next 6 months.

I found with my research that it is important to make sure that the muscle is loaded correctly. Once loaded all that is needed to maintain the muscle loaded with creatine is to replace what is loast on a daily basis. The average daily loss of creatine is roughly 2 grams per day.

This brings me to my question.......is 1 grams per day of creatine adequate?

I do understand that you may not be taking creatine to increase basal PCr muscle stores. If so, what is the reasoning behind your creatine supplementation?

1 Gram daily is my current dosing of creatine on a daily basis. I take this based in part for the recent research on brain nutrition rather than muscle purposes.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Apr 03, 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #65

Demi-God

Updated for April.
+Quote Post
mleach520
post Apr 06, 2007, 09:01 AM
Post #66

Member No.: 9329

I am considering buying inositol. I can't PM you. Where do you buy your myo-inositol if you don't mind. If you would email me, I would appreciate it.

Your post says you take 5 grams. There is a * next to it. Does this mean you take 5 grams per month or do you take 5 grams per day?

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Apr 08, 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #67

Demi-God

I take 5 grams a few times during the week.

You could not buy it from my source. I would suggest any company from the supplier list.
+Quote Post
mleach520
post Apr 10, 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #68

QUOTE(LifeMirage @ Apr 08, 2007, 06:26 PM) *

I take 5 grams a few times during the week.

You could not buy it from my source. I would suggest any company from the supplier list.

I plan on buying myo-inositol. When I search for places selling inositol I see things like:

IP-6 inositol
Inositol hexaniacinate
and just plain inositol

Since I am looking for myo-inositol and not any of the ones listed above, what should I do?
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Apr 13, 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #69

Demi-God

I would inquire to the supplier what form they are selling or if they can order it.
+Quote Post
mleach520
post Apr 24, 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #70

Which thyroid hormone is better for weight loss. T4 or T3?
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Apr 24, 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #71

Demi-God

Which thyroid hormone is better for weight loss. T4 or T3?

Depends on the person.
+Quote Post
mleach520
post May 03, 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #72

LifeMirage,

I began a Piracetam regimen a few days ago. Today I just completed day 4 and I feel absolutely no benefits from Piracetam. Here is what I have been doing:

6x800mg Piracetam tablets (2 in morning, 2 at lunch and 2 in the evening)
1x100mg 5-HTP morning
2x200mg CDP Choline (1 in morning, 1 in evening)
3x650mg inositol (3 in morning, 3 in evening)

On days 1 and 2, I had a whey protein shake with soy milk in the morning. On days 3 and 4 (yesterday and today) I had a soy protein shake with soy milk in the morning.

I have felt no benefits with Piracetam. All this stuff about being able to focus intensely. I feel no difference at all. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions? If I should not take Piracetam with a protein shake, can I take it with the other supplements?
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post May 05, 2007, 02:42 AM
Post #73

Demi-God

LifeMirage,

I began a Piracetam regimen a few days ago. Today I just completed day 4 and I feel absolutely no benefits from Piracetam. Here is what I have been doing:

6x800mg Piracetam tablets (2 in morning, 2 at lunch and 2 in the evening)
1x100mg 5-HTP morning
2x200mg CDP Choline (1 in morning, 1 in evening)
3x650mg inositol (3 in morning, 3 in evening)

On days 1 and 2, I had a whey protein shake with soy milk in the morning. On days 3 and 4 (yesterday and today) I had a soy protein shake with soy milk in the morning.

I have felt no benefits with Piracetam. All this stuff about being able to focus intensely. I feel no difference at all. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions? If I should not take Piracetam with a protein shake, can I take it with the other supplements?

Piracetam is one of the best overall cognitive enhancing and more importantly protecting nootropic you can take, however if you are looking to enhance one aspect of cognition namely focus in a very short time Piracetam would be a poor choice. While most nootropics start working in an hour not everyone notices the difference right away some people don't percept much of a difference at all.

Nothing you are taking should have any potent effect of focusing. I would suggest Nootropics that target that aspect more directly and potently such as Centrophenoxine, Pyritinol, Idebenone, L-Huperzine A, Deprenyl and more recently some people are responding to a new (yet old) compound called Phenylethylamine.
+Quote Post
mleach520
post May 22, 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #74

LifeMirage,

I have 4 questions.

1. What is the difference between:
- Deprenyl Liquid (Cyprenil)
- Deprenyl Liquid (Selepryl)

2. Since MAO consumes PEA, and Deprenyl is a MAO inhibitor, then taking Deprenyl and PEA might
have a "doubling" effect. Is this safe, or is this too much?

3. What is the difference between reversible and irreversible MAO inhibitors? What are the consequences
of each?

4. Is it safe to combine the following 3 things:
- Deprenyl Liquid (Cyprenil) or Deprenyl Liquid (Selepryl)
- phenylethylamine (PEA)
- hydergine (liquid)
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post May 22, 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #75

Demi-God

QUOTE(mleach520 @ May 22, 2007, 07:26 PM) *
LifeMirage,

I have 4 questions.

1. What is the difference between:
- Deprenyl Liquid (Cyprenil)
- Deprenyl Liquid (Selepryl)

2. Since MAO consumes PEA, and Deprenyl is a MAO inhibitor, then taking Deprenyl and PEA might
have a "doubling" effect. Is this safe, or is this too much?

3. What is the difference between reversible and irreversible MAO inhibitors? What are the consequences
of each?

4. Is it safe to combine the following 3 things:
- Deprenyl Liquid (Cyprenil) or Deprenyl Liquid (Selepryl)
- phenylethylamine (PEA)
- hydergine (liquid)

1. None really.
2. MAO-B breaks down several monoamines, taking PEA in high doses appears to overwhelm the enzyme and maintain higher levels of PEA for a period of time. Deprenyl has been studied with PEA in low doses safety for treating depression.
3. Obvious. I would only recommend reversible MAO-B inhibitors or the novel irreversible MAO inhibitor Deprenyl. Your brain needs balance and a natural cycle.
4. Yes, in low doses.
+Quote Post
mleach520
post May 23, 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #76

of each?

3. Obvious. I would only recommend reversible MAO-B inhibitors or the novel irreversible MAO inhibitor Deprenyl. Your brain needs balance and a natural cycle.

I want to make sure I completely understand the difference between the reversible and irreversible MAO inhibitors. It sounds like irreversible MAO inhibitors (like deprenyl) will have a permanent effect. Is this true? If so, that would mean that you can take a certain amount of deprenyl and never have to take anymore ever again. But I can't imagine a drug that works like that. Are irreversible MAO inhibitors permanent?
+Quote Post
xanadu
post May 23, 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #77

Awakening

Member No.: 4955

The microwave thing seems to be a matter of belief. Either you believe in the terrible effects of it or you don't. Any evidence seems to be sorely lacking. No evidence means that by default, MW should be considered safe.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post May 23, 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #78

Demi-God

QUOTE(xanadu @ May 23, 2007, 05:49 PM) *
The microwave thing seems to be a matter of belief. Either you believe in the terrible effects of it or you don't. Any evidence seems to be sorely lacking. No evidence means that by default, MW should be considered safe.

It's a personally choice for me. Although like other forms of high heat cooking it causes AGE formation higher than i prefer.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post May 23, 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #79

Demi-God

QUOTE(mleach520 @ May 23, 2007, 03:23 PM) *
of each?

3. Obvious. I would only recommend reversible MAO-B inhibitors. Your brain needs balance and a natural cycle.

I want to make sure I completely understand the difference between the reversible and irreversible MAO inhibitors. It sounds like irreversible MAO inhibitors (like deprenyl) will have a permanent effect. Is this true? If so, that would mean that you can take a certain amount of deprenyl and never have to take anymore ever again. But I can't imagine a drug that works like that. Are irreversible MAO inhibitors permanent?

Slight tweaking on my comments. Most irreversible MAO inhibitors should be avoid due to their actions on potentiating the catecholamine-releasing effect of tyramine, which raises blood pressure. Deprenyl is unique in regards to not sharing this effect common to irreversible MAO inhibitors.
+Quote Post
bloodandsoil
post Jun 06, 2007, 11:07 AM
Post #80

Member No.: 11768

QUOTE(LifeMirage @ Feb 25, 2006, 02:57 PM) *
Lifemirage's Antiaging-Cognitive Regimen

Would you please explain your reason for not taking Alpha GPC? With the Cholinergics you are taking, I would think that you would need to increase the amount of choline precursors.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Jun 06, 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #81

Demi-God

QUOTE(bloodandsoil @ Jun 06, 2007, 02:07 PM) *
QUOTE(LifeMirage @ Feb 25, 2006, 02:57 PM) *
Lifemirage's Antiaging-Cognitive Regimen

Would you please explain your reason for not taking Alpha GPC? With the Cholinergics you are taking, I would think that you would need to increase the amount of choline precursors.

Cellular Membrane Agents

PPC (PhosChol, Lipostabil) 900 mg (w/f)
Centrophenoxine 500 mg (w/f)

Nootropics:

CDP-Choline (Citicoline) 500 mg
Alpha GPC 300 mg

Brain Nutrients:

L-Huperzine A 100 mcg (w/f)
Galantamine 4 mg (w/f)

Try reading my posts.
+Quote Post
bloodandsoil
post Jun 06, 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #82

Member No.: 11768

QUOTE(LifeMirage @ Jun 06, 2007, 11:18 AM) *

Cellular Membrane Agents

Nootropics:

Alpha GPC 300 mg

Brain Nutrients:

Galantamine 4 mg (w/f)

Try reading my posts.

My apologies. I'm just starting to learn about these subjects. I should have read over your post more carefully.

I have a couple follow-up questions, if you do not mind. How do you determine if your acetylcholine levels are oversupplied? How many acetylcholine facilitators do you recommend taking? You have 6 on your list, but I'm dubious as to whether you take them all at once or on an alternating basis. Thanks.
+Quote Post
simon
post Jun 08, 2007, 04:25 AM
Post #83

Aspiring

Member No.: 6876

I believe that Co-Q10 is used for gum health, is there any information regarding the effectiveness of idebenone for the same?
Thanks again for your constant up-dates.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Jun 08, 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #84

Demi-God

QUOTE(simon @ Jun 08, 2007, 07:25 AM) *
I believe that Co-Q10 is used for gum health, is there any information regarding the effectiveness of idebenone for the same?
Thanks again for your constant up-dates.

No sad to say there is no published info on that matter thus I still take various CoQ10 products.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Jun 08, 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #85

Demi-God

QUOTE(bloodandsoil @ Jun 06, 2007, 02:35 PM) *
QUOTE(LifeMirage @ Jun 06, 2007, 11:18 AM) *

Cellular Membrane Agents

Nootropics:

Alpha GPC 300 mg

Brain Nutrients:

Galantamine 4 mg (w/f)

Try reading my posts.

My apologies. I'm just starting to learn about these subjects. I should have read over your post more carefully.

I have a couple follow-up questions, if you do not mind. How do you determine if your acetylcholine levels are oversupplied? How many acetylcholine facilitators do you recommend taking? You have 6 on your list, but I'm dubious as to whether you take them all at once or on an alternating basis. Thanks.

Muscle tension, headaches, nausea, etc.
Depends on the person and why they are taking it.
Most of the items on my list I take throughout the day based on their halflives.
+Quote Post
sgptexas
post Jul 23, 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #86

Member No.: 12096

Where can I purchase ALT-711 (Alagebrium Chloride)? My father is in dier need of something to combat his atherosclerosis.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Aug 10, 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #87

Demi-God

QUOTE(sgptexas @ Jul 23, 2007, 11:46 AM) *
Where can I purchase ALT-711 (Alagebrium Chloride)? My father is in dier need of something to combat his atherosclerosis.

Unavailable to the public.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Sep 05, 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #88

Demi-God

Just a note for the board I know I've spend little time here recently in part due to my workload in writing my books, monographs, and articles. I hope to have a certain amount finished within 2 months and start posting some of my material.
+Quote Post
Flex
post Sep 05, 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #89

God

Member No.: 5877

I can't wait! Let us know as soon as your books will be available--I know I will be one of the first to pick up a copy smile.gif
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Sep 13, 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #90

Demi-God

QUOTE(Flex @ Sep 05, 2007, 11:24 PM) *
I can't wait! Let us know as soon as your books will be available--I know I will be one of the first to pick up a copy smile.gif

Will do.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 05:45 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles