BrainMeta'                 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> hey hey the humorless
Unknown
post Mar 14, 2005, 05:11 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

unfamiliar with photoshop are you old chap? for one who prides himself in silly limeric, you're a humorless, overreactive boor. any policeman you're silly enough to call over a photoshopped hamster will have a good chuckle at your eagerly offended sensibilities. it's little wonder such a dwindling handful bother posting here anymore.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Mar 14, 2005, 08:16 AM
Post #2

Supreme God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 845

What's a boor? Even Photoshop images such as yours show a sick mind and they are certainly nothing to do with a poetry site. Get your act together and grow up.

--

For the confused, this item was originally posted in the Poetry Board as part of a saga regarding the posting of images of animal abuse in that board, by an "Unknown" - yawn! Shawn moved it here. Why Shawn should think that a discussion of images of bloody hamsters (real or contrived) should be located in a board entitled "A little humour", I have no idea. The images and the Unknown poster should be banned from the forum. I think that Shawn has now done that.

--
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Shawn
post Mar 14, 2005, 08:18 AM
Post #3

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

QUOTE (Unknown @ Mar 14, 08:11 AM)
any policeman you're silly enough to call over a photoshopped hamster will have a good chuckle at your eagerly offended sensibilities. it's little wonder such a dwindling handful bother posting here anymore.

overzealous policing has little to do with dwindling posting. I've been meaning to update this site in a big way for some time now, and will likely start in the next few weeks. Once the updates are made, I can guarantee an increase in postings.

Stay tuned.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Mar 14, 2005, 05:05 PM
Post #4

Supreme God

Member No.: 3202

Guarantee?
+Quote Post
Shawn
post Mar 14, 2005, 08:25 PM
Post #5

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

QUOTE (Trip like I do @ Mar 14, 08:05 PM)
Guarantee?

Guaranteed. Stay tuned.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Mar 17, 2005, 04:25 PM
Post #6

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

Hey Hey is not humorless, merely misunderstood, like most people. In that the remedy is paying more attention to understanding other people, more patience is called for all around.
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Mar 17, 2005, 04:57 PM
Post #7

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

I agree Rick.
And, I suspect many of us are misunderstood, in the sense that others draw the wrong conclusion (me included) about a persons intentions when posting on the web.
The absence of visual cues (which are available in person to person contact) makes it necessary to take particular care not offend others uinnecessarily. In similar vein, perhaps we should ask for clarification of meaning before swinging out.

Nonetheless, there are those who enjoy causing disruption, and it is in everyones interest to tackle them quickly. I do not include posts which are designed or intended to stimulate discussion in this category!

I have always been interested in the question of 'why is it easier to cause negative effects than positive effects in Human Nature'. It takes a lot of hard work to educate people in generally accepted activities, useful to the individual and Society, and yet it is so easy to send them on the 'wrong roads' to early destruction.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Mar 17, 2005, 05:06 PM
Post #8

Supreme God

Mutations in evolution have a similar effect. There are a lot more ways to break a mechanism than to improve it.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Mar 22, 2005, 12:25 PM
Post #9

Supreme God

Humor is extremely difficult to define. If one attempts to be formulaic, one runs the risk of repeating one's self, and humor requires freshness to be effective. Attempts at humor are often misunderstood and/or falsely attributed to malicious motivations. This sometimes unnecessarily inhibits creativity or self-expression. When in doubt, assume the best, and humor will flourish.
+Quote Post
+Steven Curtis Lance
post May 28, 2005, 12:51 PM
Post #10

Supreme God

Group: Poet in Residence
Member No.: 449

The man who posts under the screen name Hey Hey is a close personal friend of mine.

He is a brilliant academic in the UK, with a long and most distinguished career. He holds a doctorate in science, and has the greatest sense of humor of anyone I know.

If you could speak with this delightful man on the telephone, you would see how just plain wrong it is--as well as meanspirited and purely, gratuitously hurtful--to ever describe this brilliant and witty man as "humorless."

Some people become so hostile and inhuman on the Internet, especially when hiding behind the mask of anonymity; it never ceases to surprise and disappoint me.

I know Hey Hey by his real name, and he is the most delightful person you could ever meet. He works his heart out here on our poetry board, despite ill health which causes him constant, severe, debilitating and chronic pain. He is to be praised, not insulted.

I stand with my friend, Dr. "X" let us call him, in unbreakable solidarity.

Hey Hey's friend,

+Stevie
Poet in Residence
Founding and Life Member
BrainMeta.com
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Jun 30, 2005, 10:51 PM
Post #11

Supreme God

I kept my head down for a while. Thanks Steven. A true friend and yet he owes me nothing.
+Quote Post
supani123
post Oct 06, 2005, 08:19 PM
Post #12

God

Member No.: 4092

"i know hey hey by his real name, and he is the most delightful person you could ever meet. he works his heart out here on our poetry board, despite ill health which causes him constant, severe, debilitating and chronic pain. he is to be praised, not insulted."

i do agree
'hey hey' is a modest person as i see him
gentle to the core not just to praise him

supani
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Oct 10, 2005, 02:52 PM
Post #13

Supreme God

blush.....
+Quote Post
P. Jay
post Dec 31, 2011, 12:40 AM
Post #14

Aspiring

Member No.: 33864

QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Oct 10, 2005, 02:52 PM) *

blush.....

Het Hey is a Supreme God here on this site. Is he Father or not?
+Quote Post
P. Jay
post Dec 31, 2011, 12:42 AM
Post #15

Aspiring

Member No.: 33864

QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Oct 10, 2005, 02:52 PM) *

blush.....

Het Hey is a Supreme God here on this site. Is he Father or not? Does Father have a sense of humor or not?
+Quote Post
Flex
post Dec 31, 2011, 07:42 AM
Post #16

God

Member No.: 5877

HH has his own sense of humor smile.gif We are all Father on the board. While we may at times push the edge of being quarrelsome, mutual respect is generally observed.
+Quote Post
P JayS
post Jan 21, 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #17

Demi-God

Member No.: 34146

QUOTE(Flex @ Dec 31, 2011, 07:42 AM) *

HH has his own sense of humor smile.gif We are all Father on the board. While we may at times push the edge of being quarrelsome, mutual respect is generally observed.

Hey Hey is very funny when he wants to be. But i have noticed that he can be very serious as well. The balance suits him well as one of the better moderators here on brainmeta.com. I think so anyway.
+Quote Post
Long Ears
post Mar 07, 2013, 10:15 PM
Post #18

Aspiring

Member No.: 34467

QUOTE(rhymer @ Mar 17, 2005, 04:57 PM) *

I have always been interested in the question of 'why is it easier to cause negative effects than positive effects in Human Nature'. It takes a lot of hard work to educate people in generally accepted activities, useful to the individual and Society, and yet it is so easy to send them on the 'wrong roads' to early destruction.

'Easier' here, I'm quite sure does not mean in the long run, if longevity of whatever is seen as a good thing. I think it's a very good target to shoot for. It may be 'easier' to cause discord and destruction than it is to 'clean up the mess' or, not set the bombs off in the first place, but it just shows the lack of wisdom of someone not thinking 'hey, I don't need to destroy what is already hard enough to pick up.' I don't personally consider it human nature either, in essence, to seek to be meddlesome when you could be more productive in a healthier manner. I would call that ego-nature... But my definitions change over time I've noticed too... Anyway, buck to the rediculous__:D
what do you get when you cross a bamboo forest in the winter time with a fun party hat made of cheese and a liking for ships?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 08:12 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog