Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Carbon Nanotubes Potential
KoolK3n
post Nov 03, 2011, 01:09 PM
Post #1

Overlord

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33523

I've always run into the idea of using Carbon Nanotubes for the next generation of body armor. I'm aware of the variations of CNTs but the average cost is $200 per gram. Why hasn't someone compressed and solidified the powder into a sort of body armor yet?

Nanotechnology is at the top of the list of my interests.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Nov 03, 2011, 06:46 PM
Post #2

Overlord

Member No.: 33583

US military already use complex composite materials instead key metallic elements of military vehicles. As far as I know from literature CNT is already in use for development of the body Armor. You can make a search in US Patents database over that issue.

Nano field underwent fundamental development within last 5 years, in my view Nanotechnologies are more dangerous than nuclear weaponry and wide-spreading of those technologies contains super risks for the entire mankind, risks more dangerous than nuclear weaponry.

On the other hand to develop high class, durable nano-technologies one needs very complex infrastructure and high level of research teams organization. Such studies consume a lot of Money that puts forward certain barriers between research institutions worldwide, some great ideas vanish due to inability to get implemented or even discussed.

At the same time some pernicious nano-technologies development does not require a lot of Money and does not require complex equipment and can be utilized even in the undeveloped and aggressive parts of the world by very few people, military applications of those low cost nano-technologies are terrible and even highly developed countries shall fail in their efforts to defend their nations against such sort of weaponry.

It was a great and terrible mistake to introduce word Nano (Annon, Amon) as an element of new Ontology in the Altar of Knowledge, that opened new highway for consolidation of dangerous and chip technologies world-wide. Consequences of such magical games emerge shall soon.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Nov 05, 2011, 08:31 PM
Post #3

Overlord

QUOTE(Magister Hayk @ Nov 03, 2011, 09:46 PM) *

US military already use complex composite materials instead key metallic elements of military vehicles. As far as I know from literature CNT is already in use for development of the body Armor. You can make a search in US Patents database over that issue.

Can you link one?
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Nov 07, 2011, 08:36 PM
Post #4

Overlord

Member No.: 33583

QUOTE(KoolK3n @ Nov 06, 2011, 08:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Magister Hayk @ Nov 03, 2011, 09:46 PM) *

Can you link one?

Link posting for my username is not activated on brainmeta yet, when that be done I shall post some links for you. But you can make a simple search yourself.
+Quote Post
Flex
post Nov 10, 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #5

God

Member No.: 5877

http://idealab.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/...tube-sheets.php

And more importantly

http://www.ronnieday.com/Night-Owl
+Quote Post
Flex
post Nov 28, 2011, 05:52 PM
Post #6

God

Member No.: 5877

Nano tubes as nootropic like compounds:

http://www.nature.com/nnano/journal/v6/n2/...o.2010.281.html
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Nov 28, 2011, 09:24 PM
Post #7

Overlord

QUOTE(Flex @ Nov 28, 2011, 07:52 PM) *

Check out:
http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23483

CNTs have a whole plethora of useful applications that could be developed. It puzzles me as to why only a few have with the simple tennis racket. Ughhh I endorse pursuing any CNT project! Great opportunity, highly profitable and lays the red carpet for the coming Nanotech Era..

The only problem I have is the lack of experience with nanotechnology..
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 02:21 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles