BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Finding Balance Question, Is finding balance what it's all about?
zabb
post Jun 23, 2004, 11:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 2865

There seems to be a lot of emphasis within many spiritual teachings that the importance of this existence lies within finding balance in our existance.

I know that the Universal rule is that for every force there is an opposing force.
On the surface this makes sense, as it is manifested everyday in our lives and is scientific fact.

Under my own contemplation’s and experiences, I've learned two important things about a personal continuation of expanding consciousness.

The first one: Truth can be found within everything that we experience.
The second is: never lock the door of consciousness by assuming that I have all the answers. Consciousness is ever expanding, therefore, it is subject to constant change.

My question is this:

I know that most conformed religious belief systems have an end-time story that involves good overtaking evil.

I realize that this belief comes about based on exterior ontologies. However, it is completely opposite of most interior spiritualists, and I've questioned this idea quite a bit.

It makes me wonder if perhaps what we are really striving to do is overthrow the negative aspects of our existence. Balance really can only be maintained for a period of time before an object or a person (or what ever) will fall one way or the other.

I know that it goes against the laws of nature. However, and since our perceptions are illusions, can we know the laws beyond our own physical perceptions?

Perhaps the collective consciousness is striving to perfect itself? Or am I way off base with this line of thinking?

Thanks,

Zabb
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Unknown
post Jun 23, 2004, 11:51 AM
Post #2

Unregistered

the Hindu epic, the Mahabharata, which includes the Bhagavad Gita, may be of interest to you in this regard.

Schopenhauer: there is only Will and representation
Nietzsche: there is only Will
the Yoga Vasistha: there is only infinite Consciousness
the Bhagavad Gita: there is only Brahman, and Atman=Brahman

Which of these do you believe?

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2017 - 08:28 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles