Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is this 'God'
neuromint
post Nov 04, 2014, 03:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37420

Who or what is this God I keep hearing and reading about? Is he a part of me or a separate being? IF he's a being... Is he only mine? Or is he ours? Does everyone have a god, or one god for everything and everyone? And what's the higher-self? So many questions! Can you answer them for me please, thank you.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Nov 04, 2014, 07:55 AM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(neuromint @ Nov 04, 2014, 11:18 AM) *

Who or what is this God I keep hearing and reading about? Is he a part of me or a separate being? IF he's a being... Is he only mine? Or is he ours? Does everyone have a god, or one god for everything and everyone? And what's the higher-self? So many questions! Can you answer them for me please, thank you.

If you have heard something or read something, what have you surmised?

If you continue to listen, read, and then ask questions of others, will your idea of God be the result of what you are told or what you determine, or both? Ultimately where does the idea of God find finality in your determination?

Will/can your determination, or the determination of others define who or what God is?

Perhaps there is no God that can be bound within the senses of human perceptibility, other than that which is imagined and then re-imagined again and again ad infinitum.

History has shown us that those who wish to define God, have (by example) been the most violent of peoples.
For instance, the Christians have forced man into submission thru the holy wars and inquisitions that would cleanse the non-believers from the earth.

The Jehovahs witnesses place their faith in God to cleanse the world of non-believers by a lottery which favors 144,000 true saints, which is a number deemed to come to fruition in some unpredictable future, but the message is that the day is imminent, regardless of the fact it has been imminent since the fabrication of the rule and the death of those who made the rule. Ironically the number is much less than their membership... guess some will have given themselves to the cause without receiving any lasting reward other than the belief they done good for the cause.

Today's Jihadist's would place their faith in the interpretation of holy scripture as did the Christians, and so we see once again the violence that comes thru the zealots and fanatics who would be the representatives of and for God.

Evidently God is present in either extreme ends of the swinging pendulum from the peaceful monk and pundit to the violent extremists who strap explosives to their bodies and blow themselves up to do God's bidding.

Who might you be drawn to for your answers, and where would you like to carve your niche providing someone explained God to your personal satisfaction?
+Quote Post
Dr_Tsoni
post Nov 27, 2014, 06:45 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 37460

Why can't we just assume that God is something else for individual human being? Every person's definition of God can be different and based upon your beliefs, morals, thoughts and experience. There is no one answer to this question and you can't expect people to tell you. Everything you will hear will be mirroring of those people's thoughts and culture they have been brought in in. Read up, learn, explore different cultures and you will find your meaning of God.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Nov 27, 2014, 07:27 AM
Post #4

Supreme God

QUOTE(Dr_Tsoni @ Nov 27, 2014, 02:45 PM) *

Why can't we just assume that God is something else for individual human being? Every person's definition of God can be different and based upon your beliefs, morals, thoughts and experience. There is no one answer to this question and you can't expect people to tell you. Everything you will hear will be mirroring of those people's thoughts and culture they have been brought in in. Read up, learn, explore different cultures and you will find your meaning of God.

Making assumptions is pretty much the reality of determining what god is within relative and superficial standards set by individual personalities.

Tho any individual can make an assumption, if there is something referred to in the origins of the word God, then it might be possible that regardless of assumptions, there is something or some kind of etheric quality relative to duality that anyone can approach or understand and gain the personal experience which may be unique to each individual.
That approach and experience however would be far superior to any assumption made from a distance using a language without meaning and commonality to all.

I've found there is an obvious disconnect when discussing assumptions to make any kind of point in regards to any subject.

The superior discussion reveals a resonance, when it involves commonality in the reality that what has been approached and experienced, (whether unique and qualified by the individuals beliefs and understanding) becomes repetitive and expands with the continuing discussion and approach to that which can be experienced (regardless of whether any experience could ever define or capture the subject of the discussion).
+Quote Post
Rod Rick
post Apr 26, 2015, 09:18 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 37603

thanks for sharing
+Quote Post
Elite Test 360
post May 03, 2015, 06:57 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 37681

Nice sharing smile.gif
+Quote Post
Shaikh Raisuddin
post May 24, 2015, 09:39 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 37696

God is a belief that brings psychodynamic balance
+Quote Post
Joesus
post May 24, 2015, 04:14 PM
Post #8

Supreme God

QUOTE(Shaikh Raisuddin @ May 24, 2015, 05:39 PM) *

God is a belief that brings psychodynamic balance

Some say "God" is all things, and then no thing at all...
+Quote Post
Harris
post Dec 10, 2015, 03:36 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 38012

GOD IS ONLY ONE. IT'S OUR FIRM BELIEF. GOD IS RUNNING ALL THE UNIVERSE.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 10, 2015, 07:32 AM
Post #10

Supreme God

QUOTE(Harris @ Dec 10, 2015, 11:36 AM) *

GOD IS ONLY ONE. IT'S OUR FIRM BELIEF. GOD IS RUNNING ALL THE UNIVERSE.

Beliefs change/evolve.. no matter how firm they are. wink.gif

So God is only one, meaning that "ONE" creates our beliefs in God, the universe and the "Running Universe". That would mean that there is no us, and no universe, but rather just ONE nothing/something that creates the belief in us, belief in God and the belief in an active universe which would be the us believing in ourselves and our beliefs of God and the universe in our beliefs.. wacko.gif
+Quote Post
megha67
post Aug 02, 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 38863

I think in all my life I learned one thing is that is God is trust in yourself when we are feeling down and hopless.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Aug 03, 2017, 06:22 AM
Post #12

Supreme God

QUOTE(megha67 @ Aug 03, 2017, 04:57 AM) *

I think in all my life I learned one thing is that is God is trust in yourself when we are feeling down and hopless.
IF God is all things, then God is also you feeling down and hopeless.

Yet positivity or negativity in thought are just conditions we identify with when the senses are outward oriented on relative conditions.

Many tend to lean towards the idea of God being all the positive things within the relative world, but not the negative things. Thing is tho, the relative world of conditions is the world of man and not God. God does not in and of itself assume a condition and become that. Those ideas are what man clothes/dresses God in.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2017 - 05:02 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles