BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> neurofeedback EEG Brain Mapping, Positive results with neurofeedback/Brain mapping
jerdine77
post Jun 11, 2010, 02:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32825

I'm responding to an earlier thread here that discourages anyone from trying neurofeedback-brain mapping to treat brain health. I was doubtful this treatment would help me, but just 2 weeks ago, I risked taking and paying for 3 sessions from a licensed psychologist in Edmonton, Alberta. The treatment is still hard for me to explain or grasp, but I sat before a computer, watching a movie, with electrodes attached to various parts of my head. The psychologist said he was using infra red. He noticed my results and said I was responding very well. I was doubtful and worried, but I found after the 3 treatments, I no longer wake up in the morning full of anxieties, am not experiencing suicidal feelings, my brain fog has diminished significantly, I feel connected with the present and environment. I went for a bicycle ride and finally noticed all the beautiful colours and trees for the first time in a long, long time.

I feel connected with life around me and am now better able to get through the day without being governed/owend by anxiety or living in an invisible grey bubble of severe depression/dissociation.

I am no longer waking up at night full of anxieties either. I find my concentration is better and I'm not experiencing obessive repetitious negative memories.

I cannot say neurofeedback and brain mapping will yield the same results for every individual, but this technique cannot be dismissed. IT may be effective for some people, of course not everyone.

At least it is drug-free and harmless. It is practiced by enlightened psychiatrists and other health care professionals in Australia, USA, Europe, and a few in Canada.

I was not expecting to feel this much better in just a short period. I will see how long I will last before needing further treatments.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hammoud
post Dec 27, 2011, 10:26 AM
Post #2

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33860

I also live in Sherwood Park, Alberta and was looking for someone to administer this for my son. Would you please advise the name of the psychologist who did this for you and how much they charge. Do you need frst to do the brain mapping. Is there anyone in Sherwood Park
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 03:40 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles