Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dedicate myself to the singularity.
Cybert
post Sep 20, 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #1

Awakening

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 5650

I think I will never be happy unless I am working for singinst.org. Or any other company that is directly targetting the singularity. The mouse prize is just hinting at it. Most companies give the usual "for the disabled" line.

I work in technology, so I know that what I do makes an impact in some way. And of course gives me the money which I promptly donate to this board and singinst.org. But I've found myself absorbing math, physics, and technology information at a rapid pace. I think I could sign up to be one of their core researchers. There might be other places around, too.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Sep 20, 2006, 01:07 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

I shall now pronounce you: THE MILITANT EUNUCH.
Lay down your post-humanistic agenda, if you would, please. Make sure and keep good records of your endeavors, as I presume others (many others) will follow, should you succeed in your mission.
+Quote Post
Cybert
post Sep 20, 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #3

Awakening

QUOTE(code buttons @ Sep 20, 2006, 09:07 PM) *

Lay down your post-humanistic agenda, if you would, please. Make sure and keep good records of your endeavors, as I presume others (many others) will follow, should you succeed in your mission.

Code buttons. You've seen a lot in me. You're one of a kind, with your reactions. Keep at it--whatever you are doing.
+Quote Post
Cybert
post Sep 20, 2006, 01:12 PM
Post #4

Awakening

The agenda? The complete replacement of evolution with engineering. The human body is a product of evolution. We need to start engineering it. This is the essence of transhumanism. The singularity is closely related.
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Sep 20, 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #5

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

If you're going to engineer it you first need to have a specification.
And, in particular, you need to have a purpose which the engineered humans will be designed to serve (one design or many?).

So what will be the purpose(s) of these engineered humans?
+Quote Post
Cybert
post Sep 20, 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #6

Awakening

QUOTE(rhymer @ Sep 20, 2006, 10:23 PM) *

If you're going to engineer it you first need to have a specification.
And, in particular, you need to have a purpose which the engineered humans will be designed to serve (one design or many?).

So what will be the purpose(s) of these engineered humans?

The engineered human will serve nobody but himself, and the ones he loves.
+Quote Post
lucid_dream
post Sep 20, 2006, 02:56 PM
Post #7

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 956

apparently singinst.org only acknowledges the techno singularity. How naive of the Singularity Institute.
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Sep 20, 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #8

God

Member No.: 4768

QUOTE(code buttons @ Sep 20, 2006, 03:07 PM) *

HAHAHAHA Buttons, you are irresistable.
+Quote Post
cerebral
post Sep 20, 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #9

Overlord

Group: Full Member
Member No.: 957

QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Sep 20, 2006, 03:56 PM) *

apparently singinst.org only acknowledges the techno singularity. How naive of the Singularity Institute.

Not everyone has the benefit of an education. Maybe that's why they need money.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Sep 20, 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #10

Supreme God

QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Sep 20, 2006, 02:56 PM) *

Ain't that the truth! This goes back to the point I posted in Max's new thread about suggestions for BM. Being that everybody else on the Internet seems to be unaware or uneducated about the different forms of Singularity, except for BrainMeta, a better job should be done at presenting the Issue here. Somewhere in the Main Page, preferably.
+Quote Post
Shawn
post Sep 20, 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #11

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

QUOTE(code buttons @ Sep 20, 2006, 10:25 PM) *

Ain't that the truth! This goes back to the point I posted in Max's new thread about suggestions for BM. Being that everybody else on the Internet seems to be unaware or uneducated about the different forms of Singularity, except for BrainMeta, a better job should be done at presenting the Issue here. Somewhere in the Main Page, preferably.

that's a good point. BrainMeta needs a significant update and to better emphasize ideas that can't be found elsewhere; at the very least, to better differentiate itself from the pack.
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Sep 20, 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #12

God

Member No.: 4768

QUOTE(Shawn @ Sep 20, 2006, 09:32 PM) *

that's a good point. BrainMeta needs a significant update and to better emphasize ideas that can't be found elsewhere; at the very least, to better differentiate itself from the pack.

Time for a BrainMeta article on Singularity? So many people on this forum are well aware and adept in the various concepts of the singularity, hell theres to many damn qualified people to list. We do however need to get some serious, high quality contribution and then put it into one super article that explains singularity in all of its diffrent theories and applications so we can get the true singularity concepts to the public. Il start a topic for the article, once its complete I will also work it into the Brain Meta guide or just link to it, cause to many of our newcomers are unfamiliar with the concepts of singularity.
+Quote Post
OnlyNow
post Sep 20, 2006, 10:31 PM
Post #13

Overlord

Member No.: 4822

QUOTE(code buttons @ Sep 20, 2006, 11:05 PM) *

I don't know what I'm doing, but I'll keep at it, then. Just so you know, though, I'm just a layman. Not a scientist, not a scholar. I'm just Code Buttons. There is only one thing I know for certain, and that is my purpose in life. and that's way too insignificant. So, be ready to be dissapointed any minute now.

And that purpose is?
+Quote Post
Rick
post Sep 21, 2006, 03:35 PM
Post #14

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

QUOTE(Cybert @ Sep 20, 2006, 03:26 PM) *

Does that imply belief in free will?
+Quote Post
Cybert
post Sep 21, 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #15

Awakening

QUOTE(Rick @ Sep 21, 2006, 11:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Cybert @ Sep 20, 2006, 03:26 PM) *

Does that imply belief in free will?

Ah yes. Fun with ratholes. Yes, I believe in free will. As well as immortality of all of us(no beginning, no end). OK, enough with that.
+Quote Post
BornaDreamer
post Sep 27, 2006, 12:39 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 5735

I would also like to dedicate my life to the singularity. In fact, up until tonight I wouldn't have had that exact word to use (I would have used cosmic consciousness or expanded "I" sense or something along those lines) but this is the one thing that I have always known would be the driving force of my life. I just can't find the actual actions to carry out yet. Any advice?

Note: I'm already trying to expand my consciousness and encouraging others to do the same...
+Quote Post
Lao_Tzu
post Oct 09, 2006, 12:26 PM
Post #17

Awakening

Member No.: 5060

QUOTE(maximus242 @ Sep 21, 2006, 07:15 AM) *

Il start a topic for the article, once its complete I will also work it into the Brain Meta guide or just link to it, cause to many of our newcomers are unfamiliar with the concepts of singularity.

Awesome. Please do... I am one of said newcomers unfamiliar with the concepts of singularity, especially as regards the technological aspects, but it sounds more than interesting.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Dec 16, 2007, 03:44 AM
Post #18

Supreme God

QUOTE(maximus242 @ Sep 20, 2006, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Shawn @ Sep 20, 2006, 09:32 PM) *

Time for a BrainMeta article on Singularity? So many people on this forum are well aware and adept in the various concepts of the singularity, hell theres to many damn qualified people to list. We do however need to get some serious, high quality contribution and then put it into one super article that explains singularity in all of its diffrent theories and applications so we can get the true singularity concepts to the public. Il start a topic for the article, once its complete I will also work it into the Brain Meta guide or just link to it, cause to many of our newcomers are unfamiliar with the concepts of singularity.

This almost hints of tea party. Maybe an essay to start things wouldn't hurt. Any volunteers?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 02:06 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles