BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I think Consciousness is a lot more biological, and perhaps simple, than we perceive it to be.
4mat
post Jan 05, 2017, 05:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38486

Since studying Psychology, the field of Neuro-psychology has become very important and interesting to me. This is because I believe in the coming decades we should expect to understand as much of the brain as we ever will.

I believe this because of the stage and speed of technological advancement, and because there is now a global initiative(multiple) tasked with mapping the huge network of neurons that is the human brain.
I believe that with what we know now, it's very possible that what creates our consciousness is more simple than we perceive it.

We have very complex brains as we know. The most complex out of all the species on the planet and it shows in our cognitive and intellectual skills(of course).
However I do not see any reason for our own consciousness to be vastly different to any organism with a brain or neural network.

It's useful to see our brain as a reconciliation center for our senses. This view makes it more straightforward to understand our seemingly complex and intricate thoughts. This sensory reconciliation center is switched on, and learning, from day 1. From birth we take it all of the sensory information that our body can and we retain as much of it as the brain can.

Did you know only 1% of all sensory information gets retained?

This is where our memory comes from, a database of all the sensory stimuli we have retained in our lifetime. And this is where, I believe, our brains build this personally tuned perception of everything around us.

Our advanced senses, in conjunction with our memory bank of experiences and knowledge, create an on-the-fly awareness and perception of daily life.

I find evidence for this in the fact that it is impossible to think about nothing. Our brains are always firing, our consciousness is always being steered by some thought on our mind, and these thoughts come from previous sensory experiences.

With this model we can infer the level of 'consciousness' of other species. The type, complexity and power of their senses determines the make up of an organism's memory bank. The complexity of their neural network determines how well these senses can conjoin and create 'cognition'.

All of this of course is governed and driven by innate instincts.

I'm not professing that this is in any way complete. I just spend a lot of time thinking about this and I wanted to share it and get opinions on these idea.

If you read it, thanks. smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haohao
post Jan 06, 2017, 02:24 AM
Post #2

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

Hello 4mat! Welcome to join in the academic discussion, and your opinions are very notable. Some of people may thought like these due to the currently short of Scientific and technological advancement.

1.Our brain is complex in its functioning on the neuro-signaling system with the human intelligence cored with the contrasting function. In addition, I thought that all the information we kept receiving might be systemic processed into storage for our timely interacting with the surrounding environment, and might not “only 1% of all sensory information gets retained” with the possibility of almost all information recovered in certain conditions. Based on my theories proposed by my web posters published in this forum before, the interaction with the surrounding environment shapes our brain functioning, including the construction of our consciousness or conception or mind activities, in which our processing way of information takes a major part. “Senses” is juts one part of our interaction with the surrounding environment, because our way of processing information takes a leading part in our construction of conception or mind activities with all-time working, which is part of our intelligence system.

2. If you like, I would recommend some of my web posters published in this forum which I found in the Internet, including “The Brain Automatic Information Processing Theory”, “Behaviours May Reshape our Cognition in Neuro-level Starting from the Perception’”, and “The Core of the Human Cognition System’”, which might be useful in helping your thinking for the related areas.

3. "Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Jan 06, 2017, 02:24 AM
Post #3

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

Hello 4mat! Welcome to join in the academic discussion, and your opinions are very notable. Some of people may thought like these due to the currently short of Scientific and technological advancement.

1.Our brain is complex in its functioning on the neuro-signaling system with the human intelligence cored with the contrasting function. In addition, I thought that all the information we kept receiving might be systemic processed into storage for our timely interacting with the surrounding environment, and might not “only 1% of all sensory information gets retained” with the possibility of almost all information recovered in certain conditions. Based on my theories proposed by my web posters published in this forum before, the interaction with the surrounding environment shapes our brain functioning, including the construction of our consciousness or conception or mind activities, in which our processing way of information takes a major part. “Senses” is juts one part of our interaction with the surrounding environment, because our way of processing information takes a leading part in our construction of conception or mind activities with all-time working, which is part of our intelligence system.

2. If you like, I would recommend some of my web posters published in this forum which I found in the Internet, including “The Brain Automatic Information Processing Theory”, “Behaviours May Reshape our Cognition in Neuro-level Starting from the Perception’”, and “The Core of the Human Cognition System’”, which might be useful in helping your thinking for the related areas.

3. "Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 06:39 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles