Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question about near death experiences
MattMVS7
post Jul 08, 2016, 11:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 34936

People who have had ndes are said to have life reviews in which they see and feel every moment of their lives. Now I am going to ask a question here. If, for example, someone has struggled with depression in his/her life, but has completely gotten over it in which he/she can no longer experience it anymore no matter how hard he/she tries to, then how can it be experienced again during a life review? If he/she has completely gotten over his/her depression and can't ever experience it again, then how can those depressive feelings be experienced all over again in a life review?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haohao
post Jul 19, 2016, 03:27 AM
Post #2

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

I'm not a Professor, and I hope I could provide some helpful suggestions to your thinking.

1.I believe the ndes are existed. So for your 2 questions, from normal conditions, I don't think there will be the depression or similar bad experiences could be happened during a life review. If someone wanted to get experienced, then you need to use some device to change his or her brain environments, such as the neuron activation by the electrical power.

2.It's related with the cognitive researching, and the controlled life review could be properly used for thepersonal life guide. I think this could be happened with the help of some device, which might in the size of an egg.

3.People always keep thinking the future, and our experiences are actually focusing on the uncertainty of the future. However, let us forget about it and try to build a map for the future in our mind.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jul 19, 2016, 06:44 AM
Post #3

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(MattMVS7 @ Jul 08, 2016, 07:19 PM) *

People who have had ndes are said to have life reviews in which they see and feel every moment of their lives. Now I am going to ask a question here. If, for example, someone has struggled with depression in his/her life, but has completely gotten over it in which he/she can no longer experience it anymore no matter how hard he/she tries to, then how can it be experienced again during a life review? If he/she has completely gotten over his/her depression and can't ever experience it again, then how can those depressive feelings be experienced all over again in a life review?

A persons awareness might be different than what one might think of when speaking of review and memory. Typically the NDE's that are discussed, where the person felt themselves outside and separate from the body are speaking towards a consciousness that is not dependent on any attachments to the physical brain. I think this is where science has a difficult time when trying to define consciousness. Some western sciences can't wrap their mind around any idea that consciousness is any more than an emergent condition tied strictly to the body and the mind (neuronal functioning). If you get into some of the research done by a few who have studied cases where there is no brain function, yet the patient comes up with clear memory of events and awareness of ones self during the time that there is no brain function, some scientists are determined to explain the event as a distortion of brain functioning during the process of reanimation of the brain as it comes back into activity after having measured no brain function.
However other studies such as past life recall where small children are born with the memories of their past lives, and then taken to where their past life occurred, and having recounted their memories with their past/former families have convinced them of their long lost family member having returned from the grave. Their memories so clear and even to the point of recovering lost items hidden from their families by the individual cognizant of past memories points to an awareness of self that was not contained by the body or the brain of the dead individual.
How did such memories and awareness of history become the property of another individual born after the death of the person seemingly awakened into the body of the child recounting the facts?
Being that this is not just an isolated case and that there are many accounts of such events where a child is born with the memories of their past incarnation, how does science account for this and how can it make any determination regarding consciousness when it doesn't apply to the containment theory of emergent conditions based on one idea that consciousness is only brain activity and awareness is simply conditioning of memory and reactive process?

Think about this. You are thirty, but you remember and have clear vision and even some sensations of past memories such as smells and tactile awareness of being a child and eating dinner at Christmas when you are five.
You are no longer five and yet you have the experience of being five. What is so difficult to comprehend about a person having an nde and recounting clearly the entire history of ones life inclusive of feelings, when you can do the same while alive?
I think people are just too self absorbed to access their memory and so while engaged in the conditions of the current physical state of being or mental state fail to see or experience the abilities available to the mind regarding what is possible or available to experience. Just because you forget something or no longer experience something does not mean it is completely unavailable to the nervous system.
Belief has a lot to do with what you can do or not do.
Hypnotism often unlocks the blocks that are psychologically placed within the mind by belief in what is or is not possible, and allows the mind to free itself from the constraints of time and condition.

People often accept the idea that the brain is the center of ones being, and without its function one ceases to be. But unfortunately these ideas are not based on the knowledge of consciousness and the study of consciousness. Instead consciousness is assumed to be a condition of brain function in popular theory, and few really seem to understand consciousness or study it from any other point of view than that which will fit into the mechanical science of what can be measured or disassembled on a table or work bench approach.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Jul 19, 2016, 04:54 PM
Post #4

Awakening

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. The nudes reflect a common phenomenon that people tends to begin their life review mainly by their brains under some conditions.

2. The life review depends the cognitive sytles, so the contents and the foucuses might be slightly varied.

3. In my view, the life review is the working process of brain memories. Because based on the reported evidences, it's similar with the process of the brain memories and information processing.
+Quote Post
Whoplithe
post Aug 06, 2016, 08:21 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 38305

thank you people for responding, it was very interesting to read it.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Aug 07, 2016, 06:12 PM
Post #6

Awakening

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions. Also, thank you for your opinion.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 04:37 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles