Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mind the mind
waechter418
post Dec 17, 2017, 12:51 PM
Post #1

Aspiring

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37911

The way mind processes data reflects in its offspring, the computer.
However, the coordination capabilities of latter improve continuously, whereas mind seems to have problems handling the increase of external & internal, objective & subjective data.
More often than not, this is blamed on its hardware, i.e. the physiological aspects, yet rarely on the programs that coordinate the data, despite that many of them are obviously outdated, inefficient, hijacked by emotions and/or malwares which question the capabilities and sometimes even deny the functions of mind, thus impeding the possibility to repair & update its software.
But to alter something requires knowledge and understanding of its structures and dynamics in this case of the mind. Lamentably, the mind of Sapiens knows more about molecules and galaxies than about itself. Not because Self-knowledge is an impossible task after all everyone spends a lifetime with/in his/her mind but because of millennia of systematic self-denial and subjection to external, superior, eternal etc powers called god, fate and whatever else seems suitable to cover up a lack of Self-responsibility.
Admittedly, Self-response-ability can be a pain in the butt yet it can also be a blessing, as it may entail the realisation that all (external/internal/subjective/ objective) phenomenon are interrelated - and coordinated by/in the mind...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haohao
post Dec 19, 2017, 03:02 AM
Post #2

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. I thought it might be "exploring the mind" or brain science as a whole, not just the psychological aspect, which includes the brain activities modeling. I agree with the opinion that "The way mind processes data reflects in its offspring, the computer." However, the development of Advanced Autointelligence is a trend.

2. As to your statement "Not because Self-knowledge is an impossible task " above, actually, self-knowledge is the original of the education and it will still important in the future society. But the abilities to use the theories or things you consider correct and applicable from other people in the way of communication are important, too.

3. "Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
+Quote Post
waechter418
post Dec 31, 2017, 01:12 PM
Post #3

Aspiring

There are possibly as many opinions about mind, as there are users yet, most of them agree that mind plays a central role in their life.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Jan 01, 2018, 06:31 AM
Post #4

Awakening

Mind activities. Some of them is not processed by the third level of our brain functioning, and similar user accounts or processes if comparing it with computers.
+Quote Post
waechter418
post Jan 02, 2018, 08:18 PM
Post #5

Aspiring

mind your self
+Quote Post
waechter418
post Jan 15, 2018, 07:27 PM
Post #6

Aspiring

Self is the essence of mind.

(don`t fool around with it)
+Quote Post
haohao
post Jan 15, 2018, 09:26 PM
Post #7

Awakening

QUOTE(waechter418 @ Jan 16, 2018, 08:27 AM) *

Of course not. Three layers. Construction based on your previous mind activities.
+Quote Post
waechter418
post Jan 16, 2018, 04:57 PM
Post #8

Aspiring

QUOTE(haohao @ Jan 15, 2018, 06:26 PM) *

Of course not. Three layers. Construction based on your previous mind activities.

Don`t bother about its numbers of layers, but what you stuff your cake with.........(burrrb)

+Quote Post
haohao
post Jan 17, 2018, 02:14 AM
Post #9

Awakening

QUOTE(waechter418 @ Jan 17, 2018, 05:57 AM) *

QUOTE(haohao @ Jan 15, 2018, 06:26 PM) *

Don`t bother about its numbers of layers, but what you stuff your cake with.........(burrrb)

Research is an endless journey. My theories and subtheories which have no funding will be evaluated by the future generations.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jan 17, 2018, 09:50 AM
Post #10

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(haohao @ Jan 17, 2018, 07:14 AM) *

Research is an endless journey. My theories and subtheories which have no funding will be evaluated by the future generations.

Most likely future generations will (and with the same sense of narcissism) revel in their own theories, without spending a lot of time on yours.
My hunch is based on the amount of attention you get here, and the kind of attention you get here in this forum.

Maybe you could share some of the evidence you draw from to support your claim to fame though. I'd be up for that! rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
haohao
post Jan 17, 2018, 08:18 PM
Post #11

Awakening

QUOTE(Joesus @ Jan 17, 2018, 10:50 PM) *

QUOTE(haohao @ Jan 17, 2018, 07:14 AM) *

Most likely future generations will (and with the same sense of narcissism) revel in their own theories, without spending a lot of time on yours.
My hunch is based on the amount of attention you get here, and the kind of attention you get here in this forum.

Maybe you could share some of the evidence you draw from to support your claim to fame though. I'd be up for that! rolleyes.gif

Since you thought it "the same sense of narcissism" and I have stated that "My theories and subtheories which have no funding will be evaluated by the future generations., maybe you could find proof to say my theories and subtheories are not correct.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jan 18, 2018, 09:58 AM
Post #12

Supreme God

I'd have to know of your theories and sub-theories in order to make any reference to them.

By definition, (Theory/opinion: a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.
Synonyms: idea, notion hypothesis, postulate.)

There is no win or lose scenario when it comes to arguing over thoughts that are not clearly expressed in detail.

But I can address your sense of hubris, and if you like you could try to change my mind.
However I don't think your are qualified or capable to do so. Your ability (or lack of it) to communicate with any understanding of the topic within a conversation has lowered my expectations of your ability to think clearly or to have a rational opinion that would be worth examining.
+Quote Post
waechter418
post Jan 18, 2018, 11:20 AM
Post #13

Aspiring

bye waowao !
+Quote Post
waechter418
post Jan 20, 2018, 02:06 PM
Post #14

Aspiring

Being able to pervade the whole (known) universe, mind should not be wasted on pettiness.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Jan 20, 2018, 09:07 PM
Post #15

Awakening

QUOTE(Joesus @ Jan 18, 2018, 10:58 PM) *

I'd have to know of your theories and sub-theories in order to make any reference to them.

By definition, (Theory/opinion: a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.
Synonyms: idea, notion hypothesis, postulate.)

There is no win or lose scenario when it comes to arguing over thoughts that are not clearly expressed in detail.

But I can address your sense of hubris, and if you like you could try to change my mind.
However I don't think your are qualified or capable to do so. Your ability (or lack of it) to communicate with any understanding of the topic within a conversation has lowered my expectations of your ability to think clearly or to have a rational opinion that would be worth examining.
Thank you for your opinions. However, as to the "regarded as reporting matters of actual fact" from your statement above, since "reporting", then you cannot say its "actual facts", because it needs examing. Well, it can be "well-established" in that way. Theories sometimes are helping our perspective on matters or understanding of facts.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Jan 20, 2018, 09:10 PM
Post #16

Awakening

QUOTE(waechter418 @ Jan 21, 2018, 03:06 AM) *

Being able to pervade the whole (known) universe, mind should not be wasted on pettiness.

It's academic discussion not life matters. Thanks anyway.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jan 21, 2018, 08:37 AM
Post #17

Supreme God

QUOTE(haohao @ Jan 21, 2018, 02:07 AM) *

Theories sometimes are helping our perspective on matters or understanding of facts.

Sometimes.. however using that as an argument for actually having a theory, doesn't make it a fact.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Jan 22, 2018, 07:40 AM
Post #18

Awakening

QUOTE(Joesus @ Jan 21, 2018, 09:37 PM) *

Theories sometimes are helping our perspective on matters or understanding of facts.

Sometimes.. however using that as an argument for actually having a theory, doesn't make it a fact.

Please hold your logic. It's on the function of the theories but not my theory system itself.
+Quote Post
waechter418
post Jan 22, 2018, 02:29 PM
Post #19

Aspiring

QUOTE(haohao @ Jan 22, 2018, 04:40 AM) *

Please hold your logic. It's on the function of the theories but not my theory system itself.

Careful, you are about to bite your tale
+Quote Post
haohao
post Jan 22, 2018, 08:42 PM
Post #20

Awakening

QUOTE(waechter418 @ Jan 23, 2018, 03:29 AM) *

QUOTE(haohao @ Jan 22, 2018, 04:40 AM) *

Careful, you are about to bite your tale

Hope to communicate with the contents of my theories and subtheories.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2018 - 12:35 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

BrainMeta is supported by donors of The Neurological Foundation