BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I believe I can change the world, I need someone to point me in the right direction
driventochange
post Feb 16, 2015, 10:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37567

Please hear me out. I once consumed a drug that for a brief period of time allowed me to view memories from any point in my life through hallucination and enabled me to use more of my brain then I ever deemed possible. I've decided I will devote my life and spend as many years as possible in school to determine what exactly in this drug caused me to gain access to these previously untapped regions of my brain. I'd like to determine what in this drug was responsible for triggering certain parts of the brain and what exactly in the brain was triggered. I'm not going to pretend like I know anything about the brain or chemistry or how the two interact so forgive me for sounding uneducated but I'm a very bright and determined 18 year old young man who has the rest, of his life to devote to science. if someone could tell me in which field I need to study I'd be forever grateful. this is just such a daunting task I'm baffled at where to start. it's been nearly 2 years since the occurrence and I'm just now reaching out for help. someone please come forward.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ahtram
post Feb 21, 2015, 11:44 AM
Post #2

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37572

Hey, I'm 18 too smile.gif Sound like you need to be in Neuropharmacology. There's actually a subforum dedicated to that here, but I'm guessing you're looking for something a bit more rigorous tongue.gif It's a good thing to find your passion in life. You should search on the internet for colleges that offer the best neuropharmacology courses. It looks like MIT also offers free course materials on their website. The drug you took acted on your brain through some receptor, or on a certain neurotransmitter. If you can figure out what neurotransmitters cause the type of brain activity you experienced, it will be a smoking gun in the form of either the neurotranmitter itself or an agonist. There's still a lot we don't know about the brain, and you can add to the sum total of our knowledge.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2017 - 05:47 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles