BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nootropic Blend, Can someone help me with my new stack?
Chris
post Feb 14, 2013, 02:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 34923

Iím 29 y/o and I work for a major law firm in NYC and when a case hits, it really HITS. I have to work sometimes 38 days in a row (all weekends, etc) and usually 80-85 hours/week.

I HATE the fact that I have to drink 5hr energy/energy drinks plus a few cups of coffee a day when things get rolling like this b/c I feel like Iím over taxing my system and after Iím off a case I am near dead.

I heard that a stack of nootropics can help me achieve ďmore horsepowerĒ and can help me rely less heavily on energy drinks and coffee (probably not replace fully but rely less on it) and can help me focus and generally recall ideas and apply them to new creative thoughts.

I donít want to jump down a rabbit hole and take 45 new supplements and feel like I am now taking a full cabinet of stuff, I want it relatively simple, but sophisticated and comprehensive enough to accomplish all the right things to create optimal thinking and cognitive production conditions.

This is what was recommended to me:
Piracetam, Alpha GPC, Spirulina, Theanine, Tyrosine, Acetyl L-Carnitine, and fish oils.

Can someone tell me if I am starting out with too much, or if there are any risks to taking all of these things together? I am still deciding on the dosage of each one, so if anyone has any input, that would be great!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mban
post Feb 19, 2013, 11:04 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 33929

Hi Chris,
Welcome to the brainmeta forums.

That sound like a pretty good stack. Here are some recommendations on dosages:

Alpha GPC - 100-200mg per day
Spirulina - As much as your intestines can handle/ wallet can handle. It's more of a food than a supplement. I personally take a couple grams a day, as well as a couple grams of chlorella.
Theanine - Dosages as low as 50mg per day have shown noticeable relaxation promoting effects. High dosages increase the relaxation/calming effects, but may affect your ability to work at a consistently high level. Try 50-100mg per day, increase only if necessary.
Tyrosine - This one is a more "risky" supplement to take, as it can have both positive and negative effects. If converted into dopamine or noradrenaline in the general circulation, it can cause irregular heartbeat and heart "pounding". Try between 200-1000mg per day, on and off between days to see how you feel taking it. Some will get a good boost from its ability to be converted into neurotransmitters in the brain, others (such as myself) get more peripheral effects and feel more tired at the end of the day when taking it (seems to increase my flight or fight response to stressful situations).
Acetyl-l-carnitine - 500-1000mg per day
Fish oils - up to 4-8 capsules per day

And the overall best cognitive enhancers:
- Sleep
- Proper diet (use a multivitamin as well)
- Exercise

Any questions just let me know.
+Quote Post
globetrotter
post Feb 21, 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 34935

Hi Chris - while my career is probably not as demanding as your's, as a senior consultant designing and deploying IT infrastructures for Fortune 500 companies I am not immune to "so much to do, so little time" syndrome. My stack is pretty basic but highly effective for me:

Piracetam (1g BID)
CPD Choline (200mg every 48 hours)
CILTEP (Forskolin 5mg, Artichoke Extract 500mg, Phenylalanine 500mg) SID
Ginko Baloba Extended Release (120mg BID)
Fish Oil (1200mg SID)

That keeps me focused, energized and able to quickly absorb tons of information while improving recall of said info. If I need a tiny pick up during the day a good old cup of coffee synergizes nicely with the stack. My stack is also pretty cheap and well researched: no unknown chems in there.

Now the caveat: I am not above procurring Modifinil for a sprint towards the goal line, especially when productive consistent sleep ceases to be an option. It has helped me in the past, has no side effects (for me) and simply works. Also, it's totally illegal without a prescription...but damn, at 85+ hours a week you might actually qualify for a scrip since you (may) suffer from Swing Shift Syndrome wink.gif

Check with your physician, YMMV. And of course I neither endorse nor condone the illegal use of efficacious prescription drugs like Modafinil. Happy nooting!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2017 - 06:32 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles