Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Working as a neuroscientist, Neuroscience, medicine, job
orestis000
post Oct 05, 2016, 10:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38385

Hello guys,

I am a medical student and I would like to become cognitive neuroscientist. I guess nobody is gonna hire a 20smth year old just for research, I should work in parallel with it. So for sure I can work in a university, but I guess that requires giving lectures etc. which I don't like. I think it is more suitable for me to work as a doctor in a hospital and do some research in parallel. Is that possible? If yes, which speciality do you think is good for a neuroscientist? Psychiatry ?

Thank you!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tramer
post Oct 05, 2016, 10:55 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 38362

I really wanna wanna know what you wanna know too lol. 20 yo med student here interested in specializing in neuroscience! I have big dreams. I am a pianist btw, and I want to examine my brain upon having the moments of "trance" while playing the piano. I am sure there is a loooot more to it (about states of consciousness etc) . Wish I had the chance to see my EEG and fMRI/PET so that I could further explore the brain's potential and what it might bring in the future! Cuz I believe that musicians' brain work differently than most of people regarding their way of thinking related to their creativity, so why not try to shed light to more findings on brain? Piece. 👊
+Quote Post
haohao
post Oct 08, 2016, 09:52 PM
Post #3

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.

2. If you decide to join in one university, you could try to obtain a professional position as a researcher for the academic research in some places. Then you need to get funding support, and publish papers on the online journals and make your research outcomes into marketization. Of course, the lecturing could be good for your academic communications, including the weblectures. It's possible for you to work as a doctor in one hospital and do the research at the same time. However, it might be more suitable for a chemical neuroscientist or a neurology researcher. You could try to set work as an well-known intelligence neuroscientist on the aspect of neuro-signaling subsystem as one goal for your career aims.

3. The brain scanning technologies are developing with the advancement of the related scientific theories. However, the mind activities, if in the form of data flow chart or simlar, might be more appropriate for the diagnostic assessment for personal improvement instead of objective researching.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2017 - 12:02 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles