Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why is Consciousness ...
waechter418
post Nov 21, 2016, 09:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37911

...getting more and more discredited in Western civilization whose philosophers, artists, priests & poets held it, since the early Greeks, in high esteem?

Is it because modern western sciences pay little attention to consciousness, and if so, only to try to bind it into matter?

Or is it that people are increasingly captured by the material aspects of existence and thus become callous to consciousness?

What is the benefit of eliminating a concept that is accredited to have enriched Western cultures – and of course the grand civilizations of the East, who, by the way, keep its esprit since millennia well and alive.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haohao
post Nov 21, 2016, 06:47 PM
Post #2

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. The civilizations of the East countries are formed according to its developent of the East countries, including their own characteristics, which are upon the economical phrases. The nomocratic running of a country has some common benefits.

2. Diversity is also an important notion in academic research on the science and technologies. The consciousness or mind activity or mind activities are a kind of matter in essence. However, it has its own characteristics within the limit of matter.

3. "Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Nov 22, 2016, 08:02 AM
Post #3

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(waechter418 @ Nov 21, 2016, 05:24 PM) *

...getting more and more discredited in Western civilization whose philosophers, artists, priests & poets held it, since the early Greeks, in high esteem?
Depends on who you talk to.. The hard line sciences of the west are based on the "Show me and I will believe" road to enlightenment, where as true spiritualists like to seek and experience for themselves. Society has been taught to pay attention to whatever authority dictates universal truth, and so the lazy way to understanding is simply to pay attention to whatever is popular in belief. Like Religion, someone tells someone else and they tell someone else and by the time you get it, it barely resembles anything close to where the story came from or what it was all about.

Is it because modern western sciences pay little attention to consciousness, and if so, only to try to bind it into matter?
Science studies what it can see and repeat. Consciousness in western terms is then reduced to mechanical properties and qualities of brain function. This is what can be observed and repeatedly catalogued and discussed.

Eastern philosophy and spiritual sciences on the other hand have a history in dealing with the repeatability of
discipline and focus, and the resulting subjective and objective aspects of the 7 states of consciousness.
The observer however, of these 7 states, must have a familiarity (with the higher states, having achieved direct experience) in order to resonate with the experience of higher states of consciousness.

Here Spiritual science begins to clash with western science because the psychological aspects of higher states of consciousness cannot be manipulated by science thru mechanical means (yet). Also Science doesn't even call psychology a science since there are so many variables with personality and the affects of personality differences in subjective tests and response. No two people experience exactly the same thing.

If science could achieve the ability to manipulate consciousness thru artificial means (and by that I mean expand it into higher states of conscious awareness), it will not be anything like natural achievement and progressive experience. You might expand awareness but then how does that incorporate the lack of experience into wisdom? If you take someone a great distance upon which a foundation is necessary to maintain stability but set no foundation, the person falls back to ground zero.

An example:
(Kids today can't even add or subtract without a calculator and so the minds of today's young adults would be lost if technology was destroyed)

Altered states achieved with drugs are not consistent or regular/stable as are the self disciplined achievements rewarded by discipline and focus. The western mind is too self absorbed with the need for instant gratification and control, based on the identification created thru the attachments of the ego with belief and the outer sense orientation of the mind. Or the mindset of What I can validate with the approval of my friends and the authority of the majority on Facebook etc. tongue.gif

Or is it that people are increasingly captured by the material aspects of existence and thus become callous to consciousness?
It's like anything else that occurs with maturity.
1 Cor 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Not everyone awakens to their birthright in one single lifetime.

What is the benefit of eliminating a concept that is accredited to have enriched Western cultures – and of course the grand civilizations of the East, who, by the way, keep its esprit since millennia well and alive.
Concept? Ya see, there you go.. you just tore down the very topic of this thread by labeling it as a concept. mad.gif
But to answer the question (before you unconsciously labeled the underlying reality of everything as a concept) and to put it simply, control and manipulation.

The Catholic Church ruled the lives of the world for years, simply by detailing their direct connection to god and the authority they had in dictating the rules of living. They controlled who lived and died.
Now science wants that role.
+Quote Post
waechter418
post Nov 22, 2016, 12:09 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Joesus @ Nov 22, 2016, 08:02 AM) *

Concept? Ya see, there you go.. you just tore down the very topic of this thread by labeling it as a concept.

Dear friend, the purpose of this threat is not to try to improve consciousness, which - considering the mental frameworks of the participants of this forum - would be a Sisyphus-task, but to question their attitudes towards it - (even as a concept).
P.S. I was thinking twice when using this term.
+Quote Post
waechter418
post Nov 22, 2016, 04:53 PM
Post #5

A metaphor:

I live in a place where everyone eats common fried chicken.
I am told that there is a place where they eat chicken byriani (a common chicken plate in India)
and that it is the most divine - sorry delicious - chicken in the universe.
Until i will have eaten- i.e. experienced that chicken, it will be a mere concept to me.

This is not to imply that one shouldn´t book the next flight to India (in contrary!), but to remind that it is beneficial to appreciate what one is - sorry: eats.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Nov 22, 2016, 05:32 PM
Post #6

Supreme God

QUOTE(waechter418 @ Nov 22, 2016, 08:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Joesus @ Nov 22, 2016, 08:02 AM) *

Concept? Ya see, there you go.. you just tore down the very topic of this thread by labeling it as a concept.

Dear friend, the purpose of this threat is not to try to improve consciousness, which - considering the mental frameworks of the participants of this forum - would be a Sisyphus-task, but to question their attitudes towards it - (even as a concept).
P.S. I was thinking twice when using this term.

Considering the lack of any mental framework towards the meaning of consciousness as it is described by Eastern Mystics, Sages, Savants etc. and any lack of experience..., the word "Concept" could only apply to something other than the true meaning of Consciousness, since there would be no frame of reference to it (other than as an alternate definition and subject of consciousness.. as was demonstrated rolleyes.gif by a certain unnamed person. [the Sisyphus stone.. so to speak. wink.gif ] ).

I'm assuming you meant thread and not threat?
+Quote Post
waechter418
post Nov 22, 2016, 07:04 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Joesus @ Nov 22, 2016, 05:32 PM) *

I'm assuming you meant thread and not threat?

Bloody English reminds me that there are circumstances which i have to face (any advice about who is who?)

Laughter releases the chains of the soul (Crowley)

+Quote Post
haohao
post Nov 22, 2016, 07:05 PM
Post #8

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. I didn't think the science and technologies or consciousness could solely determine the development of the civilizations. The mechanism of the minimalist-best-rules diversity may help to hit the target. However, it relates with the politics.

2. Conception is a key notion in the academic research of consciousness or mind activity or mind activities. You could try to use the blackboard or a notebook, either plastic or e-notebook, to understand the conception. When you meet something, something is put into your blackboard or notebook, and then you start to exploit it later.

3. There're many nice postings and replies around here and hope you enjoy yourselves. "Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Nov 23, 2016, 07:42 AM
Post #9

Supreme God

QUOTE(waechter418 @ Nov 23, 2016, 03:04 AM) *

(any advice about who is who?)

Oh I think you will handle yourself quite well with whomever reveals their ignorance so gloriously.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 04:09 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles