BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Has my brain evolved after the things I've gone through? (20 y.o. Med student here)
Tramer
post Sep 23, 2016, 06:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38362

Hello all. Firstly, I'm new to this forum, and the thought of just writing down my thoughts on a neuroscience forum has just come to me. Anyways, recently I felt like I'm using my brain over actively. This has been happening since I've returned from a really stressful and hard medical education back in Semmelweis- the med school in Budapest. These are sincere words. Because I'm writing really relaxed now. I have been researching for quite a time about the brain and its limits, cuz my brain is kind of surprising me lately. I've found out when I'm listening to music the alpha waves run my brain sooo smoothly. I can take up so much information very fastly(something I read or anything in life). Moreover I can form well communication with people, i mean my social skills have also improved somehow (with complex and smooth sentences). I was going to ask that, the state which alpha waves maintain for our brains, is there a way to always maintain it besides the relaxing activities other than listening to music? Taking pills is not a good thing, if you know what I mean. By the way, I'm doing compositions on my piano and play the drum, so I must admit that I feel the euphoria always when I play the pieces on piano or when I play the drum together with my friends when we go to the studio. Also, when I let go of my mind, I feel that my brain works perfectly and knows everything. Side note: After my first year in Semmelweis, I had some OCD-ish problems together with depression. Now I think I am realizing myself, and feel much more powerful, because those struggles makes one stronger. I have learned to -and still has been learning- train my thoughts and to not be afraid from my imagination and creativity, cuz these are actually some gifts I have, and that's how I got rid of my OCD. It's about learning how to shut down your conscious mind I guess besides the anti depresant treatment I had (Selectra) aaaand I think the regulation of the Dopamin and Serotonin neurotransmitters has been maintained finally -or almost smile.gif I'm so happy that I transferred back to my country (to 2nd year) and the lessons are really easy -for me- whereas my schoolmates are having some rough time with lessons. I have stored so much information last year and already know most of the stuff we learn in anatomy histology etc.
On the other hand, I have been feeling a little bit scared of my brain lately smile.gif Because I am at a state something like a coming of age, but actually more like as if my brain has evolved - which I believe may be related to the brain's one ability of neuroplasticity. Well I'm only 20 years old, and I also can analyze people fastly by their gestures, movements etc. I am aware that this post became kind of a relief-paper where I could type down everything I had in my mind rigjt at the moment; and I just want to hear what you guys might think of what I have gone through and if I'm on the right track considering my presumptions. Thanks!!!!!!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
voltiguer
post Sep 25, 2016, 01:56 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 38368

Hey i think i might have had a similar experience. I am 21, a few years ago i begun to read some books of science fiction romans i got so interested in them i red about 6 to 10 hours a day at least. I turned that reading into a hoby which before was gaming. I kept reading every day that much for almost a year and i noticed some changes in my mind. I noticed my atention span was longer and i could proces informations very fast. In chool midst an exam I could vividly remember lectures from months ago and recall exact words of the proff regarding most questions i got in the exams.

After i got a degree i begun working as a poker dealer. i could work at a speed the guests were impressed with. I could do basic math with 2 and 3 digit numbers in a split second. I made averagely 1 hand every 2 minutes and i had to always keep track of every piece of chips ( money) in the game including the pot amount. I remember that when something broke my concentration i forgot the actual amount in the pot but could almost always imediately recall the exact amount of players each turn and their bet amounts so i could recalculate the exact amount of money in the game.

When i came home i often remembered all the numbers and the cards of some games i made that day.
I couldnt sleep i had a hard time sutting my mind down (i still do) but i didnt need any i could go 2-3 days without sleep with no signs of fatigue.

After a few months of working i adaped and didnt give a sweat to do all those things and at the same time making live percentag chances of wining of players in the game ofc i had to keep my mouth shut to not influence the game but was a fun mind game for when i got bored in those seconds i needed to wait players decisions.

Maybe when you reach your 20s if you use your brain enough you get a boost because your brain is almost fully developed and your body is at its finest but the most important thing is to never say "i am the best me i could ever get" but the trick is to always try to improove be better thats what makes you great
+Quote Post
haohao
post Sep 25, 2016, 04:07 AM
Post #3

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

What the contents of the posts described above is actually the emotion and continus-interacted effect for the improvement of the brains. However, it's might be a short-term effects and be not much related with the school teaching and learning. If real, it might be more concerned with your emotional brain functioning, which might motivate your brain functions.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2017 - 04:24 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles