Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Upregulating dopamine receptors
Dr. Siddharth Sharma
post Oct 19, 2013, 09:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 36107

Hello all,
I have had many patients recently come to me regarding depression, lethargy and low motivation. Many of these patients have been previously prescribed dopamine agonists and this has worsened the root problem by further down regulating their dopamine receptors. I want to compile a list of ways they can recover by upregulating their dopamine receptors. So far, I prescribe:

-Meditation
-Exercise, especially long duration aerobic
-Cold baths (unsure how effective for dopamine baseline, anyone here knows?)

Any others? I'm thinking along the lines of proceesses that can be considered opposite to addiction, so instead of pleasure followed by low, I'm saying low followed by high.
Thanks guys.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Oct 20, 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

Hello Dr. Sharma and welcome to this website.

I was diagnosed with depression 23 years ago and medicated with anti-depressants.
Although initially they caused unwanted side-effects, eventually I found one which worked for me.

I do not know enough about the topic to make suggestions for you, but do realise that for any patient the critical solution would be to have the ability to take the patients blood sample and ascertain the concentrations of all neurotransmitters present. With time and analysis any imbalance should be identifiable and therefore treatable.

I am currently on a 25% of the AD I have taken for the past 10 years and cannot detect any difference in my behaviour - I am aware of no changes!
I am so grateful for AD's and wish you every success.
+Quote Post
Dr. Siddharth Sharma
post Oct 23, 2013, 04:49 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 36107

Wow, that's a first! What antidepressant is it if I may ask? Thanks.
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Oct 23, 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #4

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

Venlafaxine XL or equivalents
+Quote Post
CharlesJenkins
post Jan 12, 2015, 01:25 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 37511

I know this is an old topic, however for those still skimming through the forum and come across this post may be interested in the fact that everything the Dr. Is suggesting are actually ways to naturally boost testosterone levels.

1: Meditation: scientifically proven to reduce cortisol levels (stress hormone) in the brain. Cortisol absolutely destroys testosterone.

2: Excersize: Long duration aerobic actually will increase cortisol. Short bursts of high intensity aerobic or weight lifting will increase T substantially.

3: Cold Baths: Will boost T because of a primal instinctual hormone trigger to double T levels. Also with a high intensity sprint through snow (Seriously, it'll work, however I don't truly think many of us plan on doing this any time soon.)

The reason I bring all this up is because I suffered from depression for many years and considered bing prescribed anti-depresents. However with the 'right' research I found that actually I was experiencing Low-T caused by the mass production of soy(Soy is In everything, it metabolizes to a chemical call Equol that devestates T levels) in our food and the mass amounts of chemicals in our air, food, home and work. Also, everything we know about food is absolutely WRONG.

Some good sources: Mercola
Anabolicmen
Google

If your truly experiencing low Dopamine, Serotonin, and epinephrin levels, supplement with the amino L-Tyrosine L-Tryptophan and use P5P to help synthesize them. Don't take them at the same time because they will compete and eliminate each other to get into the brain. Also, 3000-5000IU of Vitamin D in the morning and at night will help. Stay natural, stay off the hardcore anti depressants if you can.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 01:04 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles