Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I have depression/ocd and have important questions
MattMVS7
post Sep 18, 2016, 06:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 34936

These questions I am about to ask are for a neuroscientist to answer. They are very important questions. I will give a brief explanation of my situation. I have had severe depression in my life and have had horrible indescribable depressive nightmares.

In these nightmares, I experienced radically altered mental states. They are nothing normal and are the worst hellish experiences. They are experiences that cannot be explained since they are unlike any other experience.

They are mental states that can never be experienced in one's normal waking life since mental states in dreams and nightmares are radically different than mental states in your normal waking life.

Now near death experiences are not like dreams. They are actually conscious states greater than normal waking consciousness since people who have them report that everything was more real than real. They also contain elements unlike dreams.

However, even though near death experiences are not like dreams, they may contain some elements of dreams since some of the neurological processes that are involved in dreaming can also be involved in near death experiences.

So now, I am going to ask two questions here. Please write down your answers to them and explain your answers in detail rather than a simple "yes" or "no:"

1.) If I ever have a near death experience myself someday, then there is the possibility that it could be a hellish one since some ndes are hellish. They are not as numerous as the blissful heavenly ndes, but they do exist which means there is always the possibility that I could have a hellish nde.

So the question I have here is, if I do ever have a hellish nde someday, then is it even possible for me to experience those radically altered hellish mental states during the nde? If not, then what about mental states that are similiar?

When I say similiar, I do not mean a hellish mental state that one would experience here in his/her normal waking life. What I mean is a hellish mental state similar to those I've experienced in those nightmares I've had.

As I've mentioned before, elements of dreams and nightmares can be involved in ndes. So I am wondering if those hellish radically altered mental states I've experienced in my nightmares can be one of those elements. Or if this is an element only exclusive to the nightmares I've had.

If it is not possible for me to experience those altered mental states during an nde, then I won't be worried. But if it is possible, then I will be very worried since to experience this fully conscious would be the absolute worst thing.

2.) In my waking state, I am in a normal state of mind. I experienced horrible indescribable depressive feelings in my nightmares unlike any other experience in my waking life. It was the worst experience in my nightmares.

But for whatever reason, when that feeling lingered on in my waking life, it wasn't as bad. It was a very horrible feeling, but that is all it was and it wasn't as bad of an experience as my nightmares for whatever reason.

Perhaps being in this normal wakeful state of mind gives me power and resistance to those feelings. But in my nightmares, I am no longer in that normal wakeful state of mind. So maybe this is why the feelings are worse experiences in my nightmares than my waking life.

But this is all regarding the feelings. I am not sure about those radically altered hellish states of mind I've experienced in my nightmares. If I were to experience those in my waking life, then it could be an even worse experience than my nightmares. I am not sure on this one.

I can't imagine what that experience would even be like in my waking life. Would I have power and resistance to it like I did with those feelings, or would it be just as bad or an even worse experience than what I've experienced in my nightmares?

Considering that it is possible for me to experience those altered mental states when I am fully conscious during an nde, then if I were to have power and resistance to it like I did with those feelings, then I won't be very worried. But if I don't and it would be an even worse experience than my nightmares, then I would be very worried.

Edit: I actually have one more question:

3.) People who have hellish near death experiences report that the experiences were more intense and worse than even their worst nightmares. But since I stated before that I have power over horrible experiences in my waking state, then will I have power over these experiences regardless of how intense they are?

If, for example, I experience an intense horrible depressive feeling or a horrible hellish altered mental state that I would experience in my depressive nightmares, then since I am fully conscious during the nde, then would that feeling or mental state be reduced to nothing more than just a horrible feeling/mental state no matter how intense and horrible it is?

Or would it be even worse than how I experience it in my nightmares? Would there be a degree to which the intensity of the horrible depressive feeling/mental state exceeds that of the power and control I have in my fully conscious state, thus rendering me to experience something even worse than my nightmares?

Or will I always have that power, control, and resistance in my fully conscious state during the nde, thus making any horrible depressive feeling/mental state during the nde nowhere near as bad as what I experience in my nightmares?

If I were to have that power, control, and resistance, then all these horrible experiences would be reduced to normal experiences and would not be the indescribable hellish experiences that they are in my depressive nightmares. Knowing that would ease my mind. But I am unsure about this which is why I ask.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haohao
post Sep 18, 2016, 11:42 PM
Post #2

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. The Near-death experiences mentioned above is actually similar to dreams in the night in the aspect that they are both the brain-involved activities, a side-product of the brain function and one of the activities of the human intelligent system. In fact, animals, such as a bird, might have its near–death experience or dangerously dream-like passive mind-thinking or passively projective brain response.

2. The answers to your questions aroused is as follows with the intention of unable to apply for USA NSF funding or used for papers for professional promotion: 1) If the “nde” refers to the near-death experience, then for the first part of the first question the answer is YES, at least similar, and for the last part the answer is dependent upon your frame of mind, which is actually a cognitive one. Some people might use this as a mind-operational weapon. However, its effects might be very limited in some conditions. Namely, if you see negative things with peaceful and positive mood, then you won’t be worried at all. 2) Nope. If well-suggested, you could handle those easily. From the academic view, the passively projective brain response is slightly different from the nightmare. However, if you keep a proper mind set, including holding some positive opinions, then you will begin to feel you have enough power to master them. Based on my theories from my independent researching, the passively projective brain response and the nightmare are cognitive-involved and be different in two working subsystem of the neuro-signaling system.

The two questions or actually, two doubts or two notions are more related with the scope of the brain and intelligent system researchers, though they might involve the neuro-signaling area.

3. For the aim of more professional help to be accommodated for you, please see my web poster published in this forum before: brainmeta dot com forum index.php?showtopic=27951&hl= / Post #6 of the Preview: #128949. It is a suggestion.
+Quote Post
MattMVS7
post Sep 19, 2016, 12:28 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 34936

QUOTE(haohao @ Sep 19, 2016, 12:42 AM) *

1. The Near-death experiences mentioned above is actually similar to dreams in the night in the aspect that they are both the brain-involved activities, a side-product of the brain function and one of the activities of the human intelligent system. In fact, animals, such as a bird, might have its near–death experience or dangerously dream-like passive mind-thinking or passively projective brain response.

2. The answers to your questions aroused is as follows with the intention of unable to apply for USA NSF funding or used for papers for professional promotion: 1) If the “nde” refers to the near-death experience, then for the first part of the first question the answer is YES, at least similar, and for the last part the answer is dependent upon your frame of mind, which is actually a cognitive one. Some people might use this as a mind-operational weapon. However, its effects might be very limited in some conditions. Namely, if you see negative things with peaceful and positive mood, then you won’t be worried at all. 2) Nope. If well-suggested, you could handle those easily. From the academic view, the passively projective brain response is slightly different from the nightmare. However, if you keep a proper mind set, including holding some positive opinions, then you will begin to feel you have enough power to master them. Based on my theories from my independent researching, the passively projective brain response and the nightmare are cognitive-involved and be different in two working subsystem of the neuro-signaling system.

The two questions or actually, two doubts or two notions are more related with the scope of the brain and intelligent system researchers, though they might involve the neuro-signaling area.

3. For the aim of more professional help to be accommodated for you, please see my web poster published in this forum before: brainmeta dot com forum index.php?showtopic=27951&hl= / Post #6 of the Preview: #128949. It is a suggestion.

Thank you for your response. But if I were to experience a horrible depressive feeling here in my waking life that I experienced in one of my nightmares, then it doesn't matter how I think or what mindset I am in. The experience will not be as bad as what I've experienced in my nightmares.

Therefore, there must be something else going on here that allows the experience to not be as bad as my nightmares. Being fully conscious give me power and resistance to that experience regardless of what mindset I am in.

The experience is reduced to a completely normal, albeit horrible feeling in my waking life. That is unlike what I experience in my nightmares since the experience becomes an indescribable hellish experience in my nightmares.

So would that also apply to those hellish and radically altered mental states I experienced during my depressive nightmares? If I were to experience those hellish altered mental states from my nightmares during a near death experience, then would I also have that same power and resistance over the experience since I would be fully conscious during the nde?

Or would it somehow be worse of an experience than my nightmares? Especially if it is an even more intense experience than my nightmares.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Sep 19, 2016, 07:20 PM
Post #4

Awakening

1. "If well-suggested, you could handle those easily. From the academic view, the passively projective brain response is slightly different from the nightmare. However, if you keep a proper mind set, including holding some positive opinions, then you will begin to feel you have enough power to master them. Based on my theories from my independent researching, the passively projective brain response and the nightmare are cognitive-involved and be different in two working subsystem of the neuro-signaling system. " Not only the two experience you thought that would be the same experience might be different, but also your mind set or mood will definitely effect your mind and visible physical experience, and in some cases it is decisive, which is the scientifical view and will not be changed by the will. Namely you can use it and take your will as a motivational power.

2. "Therefore, there must be something else going on here that allows the experience to not be as bad as my nightmares. Being fully conscious give me power and resistance to that experience regardless of what mindset I am in. " -- It's not therefore, but Also or Besides. Just a suggestion. In addtion, for your notion stated in the above replying poster, I advice you to see through my poster before under this thread.

"and for the last part the answer is dependent upon your frame of mind, which is actually a cognitive one. Some people might use this as a mind-operational weapon. However, its effects might be very limited in some conditions. Namely, if you see negative things with peaceful and positive mood, then you won’t be worried at all.

3. If well-suggested, as the opinions stated in my poster before, you are sure to overcome your bad experiences you have been stressed out. Your mind or thinking pattern, even your habits might effect it.
+Quote Post
jones2016
post Sep 29, 2016, 06:05 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 38377

Good post.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Sep 29, 2016, 06:44 PM
Post #6

Awakening

Hello jones2016! Welcome to the forum.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2017 - 06:00 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles