Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Self
waechter418
post Feb 23, 2018, 05:09 PM
Post #1

Aspiring

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37911

Self is the core and coordinate of mind – Will & Love is the force of Self.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haohao
post Feb 23, 2018, 09:22 PM
Post #2

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

I thought the information or imaging dealing is. Actually, " it's the functioning of mind activities, whichi is one of the functioning to be used for interactions with the surrounding environment. The real problem is that sometimes it may lead to overdoing without the testing of interactions with the surrounding environment."
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Feb 24, 2018, 09:34 AM
Post #3

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(waechter418 @ Feb 23, 2018, 10:09 PM) *

And "Free Will"?
+Quote Post
waechter418
post Feb 26, 2018, 09:15 PM
Post #4

Aspiring

QUOTE(Joesus @ Feb 24, 2018, 06:34 AM) *

QUOTE(waechter418 @ Feb 23, 2018, 10:09 PM) *

And "Free Will"?

I can`t envision an autonomous force, or energy.
All seems to be interdependent and interactive.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Feb 27, 2018, 09:42 AM
Post #5

Supreme God

QUOTE(waechter418 @ Feb 27, 2018, 02:15 AM) *

So the "Self" is still a concept.

Do you have a discipline or method to take the awareness and turn it back on itself, or are you just reading books?

Do you... Have a choice in the matter?
+Quote Post
haohao
post Feb 27, 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #6

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

QUOTE(Joesus @ Feb 27, 2018, 10:42 PM) *

Do you have a discipline or method to take the awareness and turn it back on itself, or are you just reading books?

I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. According to the statement above, ”self“ is not a concept. I thought the "self" is interactions reflected in the brain center zone, mainly information or imaging dealing in the area of science and technologies. Actually, " it's the functioning of mind activities, which is one of the functioning to be used for interactions with the surrounding environment. The real problem is that sometimes it may lead to overdoing without the testing of interactions with the surrounding environment." It's magnetic effects in essence.

2. "Awareness" is one important part of "self".

3."Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Feb 27, 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #7

Supreme God

QUOTE(waechter418 @ Feb 28, 2018, 01:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Joesus @ Feb 27, 2018, 06:42 AM) *

OK then. Since you cannot envision an answer to the question, and assume not answering.. answers it.

Let me ask in a different way.
What is Free will and the difference between self and Self? Do you have a method of turning the self/Self back on the Self?
+Quote Post
waechter418
post Feb 28, 2018, 10:58 PM
Post #8

Aspiring

QUOTE(Joesus @ Feb 27, 2018, 07:01 PM) *

QUOTE(waechter418 @ Feb 28, 2018, 01:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Joesus @ Feb 27, 2018, 06:42 AM) *

OK then. Since you cannot envision an answer to the question, and assume not answering.. answers it.

Let me ask in a different way.
What is Free will and the difference between self and Self? Do you have a method of turning the self/Self back on the Self?

My self is my caretaker, my inner voice and in a certain way: guardian angel
I read detective novels and practice self discipline. I avoid mixing intellect with awareness, yet i use prior (methodically) to enchant latter, see: "Another view of consciousness"

P.S. I have a choice in the methods, but not in the matter.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Mar 03, 2018, 10:07 AM
Post #9

Supreme God

QUOTE(waechter418 @ Mar 01, 2018, 03:58 AM) *
P.S. I have a choice in the methods, but not in the matter.
There is no distance between the Self and the self.
The fact that YOU (the SELF) created the matter, leads to opportunities of perceptions. You're either standing in your creation, or that of something other than your Self as the self/ego. The ego is a construct of the Self. The clothes the actor puts on before stepping onto the stage so to speak.
IF the Self chooses to identify with the clothes, it becomes (as if) separated from Self and lives outside of reality in the construct of Mind. If Self witnesses the construct, it is similar to watching the play as the director/writer and actor of the play.

If the inner voice is not recognized as your Self/self witnessing every thought, feeling and action. Then your will has freely chosen (by recognition of self or the clothes it wears, as the identity of choice) to be second.

IF you had a method to take awareness from the secondary self to the Self. That would be called the path to liberation.
Idealizing the self as the Self is not a pathway but rather a thought that doesn't create unity any more than thinking about playing a guitar makes you a guitar player.

One must make the transition from thinking about such things to actually engaging with the object/subject of desire.
+Quote Post
waechter418
post Mar 05, 2018, 08:30 PM
Post #10

Aspiring

It might be counterproductive to search for Self, as its space/time is here/now.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Mar 05, 2018, 11:18 PM
Post #11

Supreme God

It is and always has been, and yet that fact never seems to create masters of perception and awareness of Self because it is so.

There are plenty who will think they know, but such a thought never creates the reality that brings out the eternal experience of the Self in every thought feeling and action, regardless of whether someone can fall back on that thought and or project the thought until the moment the body dies.

The unity of Self with all that is relative eludes most folks because of the disparity of judgments with and within emotions and the outer senses.

For example: From the Yoga Sutra's of Patanjali

Pada II. Sutra 31

The observances (Yama's and Niyamas see the inset description of the 8 limbs of yoga) are perfected when they apply to all that
proceeds from the Earth with no distinction for species, place,
time or circumstances.
(Eight limbs of yoga
1.Yama The yamas refer to an individual’s ethical standards and way of behaving. The yamas have five areas of focus:
Ahimsa: nonviolence against oneself or others, in actions or thoughts. This means removing any separation of the Self from any experience. (Having achieved union where the inner and the outer are ONE, every experience is known, felt, observed as having been initiated/created and observed by the Self thru the lens of the self which has surrendered all thought feeling and action back to the Self) The observer has completed its union with self as the knower, known and the process of knowing.
Aparigraha: noncovetousness, non-grasping, taking only what is necessary to elevate ones awareness to higher levels of experience in the Self. Relinquishing all thought feeling and action as external by having ascended the awareness of the "I" (ego), the awareness of self no longer takes responsibility for creating anything it experiences. Non-grasping means one no longer experiences that "I" did this, felt this, experienced this etc. etc.
Asteya: nonstealing, thoughtful in what is yours. Awareness of self does not say I did this or I did that. Everything is surrendered back to the gunas (forces of nature) who's actions are subservient to the unmanifest Self as it directs itself into manifestation.
Brahmacharya: continence, abstinence, self-restraint, conscious awareness. The discipline of removing the separation of Self from all thought feeling and action.
Satya: truthfulness in all dealings with the self and others. Truthfulness has nothing to do with relative truth, but rather the truth that all that is created is created by and for the Self. Meaning that everything is and can be traced back to the Self in every moment. The now is experienced as fullness of Self, where potential is the anchor of every object/thought that is externalized Self.
2. Niyama The niyamas refer to a more internal view of ourselves; to behaviors and observances. The niyamas have five areas of focus:
Isvara Pranidhana: surrendering all to God as the manifest world. Realizing ego is not in control of one’s existence. One actively follows the thread that exists in the manifest back to its source. Note: Without the direct experience of God, the absolute, it is not likely that anything can be surrendered to anything other than a concept or idea of God, or the absolute.
Samtosa: contentment and modesty, accepting what happens through expansion of consciousness, where the outer is united (yoked) with the inner. Contentment is stillness, where bliss is experienced above and beyond the external qualities of happiness and sadness. Bliss is pure silence. It is absolutely possible to experience bliss throughout the entire range of the external emotions.
Saucha: purity of the body and thoughts. Where all thought is established from the awareness of the immortal Self rather than the outer senses and the ego.
Svadhyaya: the study of sacred texts, to study oneself through reflection. Where resonance with the absolute is experienced by reading or listening to someone who speaks from Unity. Consciousness recognizing consciousness. Like a tuning fork being placed next to another that is set to the same frequency, when one vibrates after being struck, the other automatically vibrates at the same frequency without being struck.
Tapas: literally translated as heat; the fire that burns away all that is not real, spiritual austerities, which means useful boundaries in focus and discipline. Rules of engagement where all the Yamas and niyamas are working together as one.

3.Asana The most common discipline taught in contemporary yoga classes are the postures and movement between postures. Practicing asana helps prepare us for deeper meditation. By practicing asanas the body releases stress which facilitates deeper experiences in meditation, enabling us to experience samadhi. From a yoga perspective, this is the primary reason for practicing asana.
4.Pranayama Prana translates as breath or life force. Yama translates as refined or disciplined. Thus pranayama means refinement of the breath. Through pranayama practice, we learn to direct the body and mind by altering the breath with the practices of the Yamas and niyamas. The breath automatically alters itself when consciousness expands. No amount of controlling the breath or breathing exercises can expand consciousness if the mind does not recognize and stabilize itself within the silence of the absolute. We can strengthen the energy within as well as making the energy more peaceful. Pranayama increases our lung capacity, decreases stress, helps us focus, and brings a sense of balance of the inner self with the world around us. If practiced correctly, the body and mind become healthier. Practicing the first four limbs of yoga, Yama, Niyama, Asana and Pranayama help us to more thoroughly experience the next four limbs, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana and Samadhi, which focus more on the spiritual self.
5.Pratyahara Pratyahara means withdrawing from the senses ( as in closed eyes meditation). More accurately, it means to transcend the senses so they don’t influence us in a way that prevents us from reaching Samadhi, or enlightenment. By transcending the senses, we move our awareness away from the outer world and toward the inner self. Here, without outside influence, we are able to view our selves in a deeper, more intimate way, ultimately finding the true Self.
6.Dharana With the help of Pratyahara, Dharana enables us to concentrate more fully, bringing a richer awareness of the mind. This step is essential to meditation. Here, we use all the previously mentioned limbs to bring our selves to a place of being familiar with the Self. This is choice to actively engage the Self while in activity. This is the pathway to achieve a solid foundation within of such peacefulness and balance, every thought or influence is met with a totally open mind, body and spirit. There is no preconception, prejudgment, conditioning, fear, anxiety, joy or sorrow to influence our meeting with each event. We meet every moment with our true Selves. This does not mean the outer senses cease to function or that the outer world ceases to exist or that chaos does not exist where suffering of others is not experienced. It simply means one makes the active choice to anchor the awareness to the subtle senses which are primary and have atrophied after having directed them for so long outward into the world of the ego.
7.Dhyana Dhyana is coalescence. In Dhyana, or coalescence, we move beyond Dharana (meditation) into a state of total awareness. This is not an active thing where we make something happen but rather the stabilization of the previous actions. It is the result of the previous movements of the mind as awareness is directed inward. It is stabilizing the absolute into our awareness like an anchor. We are able to direct awareness to a point of focus, while still being aware of everything else around and within us. This is a much more difficult to express than it is to actually do it. All the previously mentioned limbs are engaged when we come to this state. The mind and body must be equally engaged.
8.Samadhi Samadhi is the state of transcendence of the self, a state of ecstasy. It is the joining or union (the meaning of yoga) with all living things, with the universe, with the Divine. Here, we are in a state of bliss, beyond the place of knowledge, beyond the place of worldly things, to a realization that everything is of the same substance and that all is connected – yoga! )

Another valid translation of this sutra is, "The observances become great vows when they apply to all that proceeds from the Earth with no distinction for species, place, time or circumstances."
As long as one continues to make exceptions for the observances, for so long has one not attained full and continual Perpetual Consciousness (awareness of the absolute). Misreading this sutra is easy. People could, for example, say that George's non-violence is not perfected because they know that George eats chickens. George could be violent toward no human or any other animal, but since he eats chickens, his non-violence is obviously not perfected. Or perhaps George only eats French chickens (Chicken Cordon Bleu), or in Russia (Chicken Kiev), or only in March (Spring Chickens), or perhaps only if it was a bad chicken, such as a rooster that was terrifying George's wife and children. Since George violates species, place, time or circumstances, his observance can't be perfected. Right?
Wrong! These are all outward actions and reveal nothing at all about George's inner state of mind when he wrings the neck of the chicken, plucks it, cooks it and eats it. Perfecting the observances is impossible without realizing Perpetual Consciousness, for until one recognizes the separation of the Self from all that is, one will be violent, will be dishonest, will steal, will not be restrained and will grasp -- these are the inevitable counterparts of ignorance.
One might wonder just how established one's own awareness truly is. Test it! Does the body's unending violence touch you? Does anything of the world overshadow your serenity? Starvation in Africa? Violent crime in our cities? Corruption? Drug abuse? Intense movies? Anything anywhere at any time by anyone? Do you hate or resent anyone or any class of beings? Do you feel contempt for anyone anywhere at any time? How do you feel about traitors? Murderers? Rapists?
If anything at all still upsets you, non-violence is not yet perfected in you.
This sutra does not suggest that the path to enlightenment is to make a mood of non-violence or any of the other four observances. It does not suggest pretending to be peaceful if you are enraged inside. Such attempts only end in greater stress to the nervous system and dramatically slow down the growth of consciousness. Nor does this sutra mean that the enlightened necessarily exhibit what the Waking State defines as non-violence or any other of the observances. The fact is, it is perfectly possible to kill and yet to have perfected non-violence. Ahimsa is entirely based on the level of consciousness inside, not at all on the external behavior.
This is perhaps the most confusing truth of the Science of Union to those in the Waking State. These have so very many opinions about the nature of the enlightened -- how they walk, how they talk, how they dress, how they eat -- and misinterpretations of sutras such as this one only serve to complicate these misunderstandings even more. There are no external signs of enlightenment. That bears repeating! There are no external signs of enlightenment. Enlightenment is an internal reality. What one does with it on the outside is up to the Absolute Self, lived forever on the inside
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2018 - 09:53 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am