Overlord

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33523

http://www.orientaldetox.com/negative-ions.html
http://www.nutritionreview.org/library/negative.ions.php

Negative ion regeneration for youthfulness and longevity
by John Heinerman, Ph.D.

Negative ions neutralize pollutants and provide positive effects on health to
•Stimulate the reticulo-endothelial system, a group of defense cells in our bodies that marshal our resistance to disease
•Act on our capacity to absorb and utilize oxygen. Negative ions in the bloodstream accelerate the delivery of oxygen to our cells and tissues
•Speed up oxidation of serotonin (5-hydroxtryptamine) in the blood. This is well known to have far reaching effects on mood, pain relief and sexual drive.

Purification of Blood: Research done by Dr. Tanaka in Japan revealed that when negative ionization is introduced, the ions in calcium and natrium (salt) in the blood increases, and the blood is purified by alkalinity rising in the blood.

Reviving the Cell: When the amount of negative ions in the blood is increased, cell functions are activated.. The electrical material exchange speeds up those functions and, nutrition is fully absorbed by the cell and waste material is expelled. Metabolism is boosted and the functions of that cell are gradually revived.

Increases Immunity: As the amount of negative ions increases, the Gamma Globulin in the blood increases producing blood rich protein and antibodies.

Control Function of the Autonomic Nervous System: Dr. Tanaka found that negative ions control the balance in the autonomic nervous system between the insulin and adrenal functions. The result is strong resistance to diseases.

Migraine Headaches
Inhaling negative ions regulates the production of serotonin inside the brain. The overproduction of serotonin inside the brain is the cause of migraine headaches.

Depression
A study at Columbia University suggested that negative ion treatment is more effective than anti-depressant drugs such as Prozac and Zolof, and there are no side effects with negative ions.

Fatigue
The overproduction of serotonin (chemical produced inside the brain) also causes fatigue, and negative ions regulate the production of serotonin inside the brain.

Sleep
A study in France found that negative ionizers helped people to sleep better, by regulating the production of the chemical serotonin in the brain.

Mental Performance and Concentration
Several tests have shown people exposed to negative ion treatment perform much better in mentally-oriented activities than those who are not.

Physical Performance
Due to test results performed by Russian scientists, negative ionizers were always installed in the locker rooms and resting places for the Russian athletes.

Burns
Studies performed in one hospital found that burn patients were far more likely to recover more quickly and thoroughly.

Thoughts on Negative Ion Generators? Recommendation?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Sep 09, 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #2

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

First time i heard about it but overall it seems to good to be true. Anybody knows something about it?
+Quote Post
aethor
post Sep 10, 2011, 06:41 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 32629

Does this have anything to do with the use of ionized water in Japanese hospitals?
+Quote Post
Flex
post Sep 10, 2011, 02:51 PM
Post #4

God

Member No.: 5877

Didn't check the links, but just based on the thread name, I would say BS. You can't have a negative ion without a positive ion being generated?
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Sep 10, 2011, 05:47 PM
Post #5

Overlord

Member No.: 33523

How so?

http://www.health-benefit-of-water.com/negative-ions.html

"Free radicals (positive ions - active forms of oxygen) can be produced by:
•discharge of voltage in high-voltage networks,
•heating and cooling systems,
•TVs, radios, transmitters, radar systems, computers,
•exhausts and cigarette fumes, smog
•radiation and harmful chemicals and toxins"

http://www.gaiathera.com/e/salt/7_negative_ions.htm

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

"Fred Soyka, author of "The Ion Effect" reports that based on the 5,000 plus scientific documents that have been published regarding negative ion studies, all support the conclusion that an overload of negative ions seems to be beneficial"

+Quote Post
Flex
post Sep 11, 2011, 08:10 AM
Post #6

God

To me, this only applies to the external environment. Negative ions are only beneficial because the positive ions you are referring to are generated via radiation exceeding the ionization energy of the element. This ionization energy came from somewhere. Charges are not created or destroyed to the best of my knowledge.

Example: the only times I can think of when you would ever see oxygen in a positive oxidation sate is when it is bound to a more electronegative element i.e. fluorine. Or some other strange inorganic molecule.

Oxygen in free radical form does not have a positive charge as far as I can tell smile.gif

Right now from what I can gather, you hold the belief that fluoride is bad. The reason fluoride is bad, is because fluorine is the most electronegative element, and is very difficult to unbind once it has done so. Fluorine forms negative ions.
+Quote Post
Flex
post Sep 11, 2011, 08:13 AM
Post #7

God

Basically there is one application--air purifiers. Outside of this, I do not believe there is any possible merit.
+Quote Post
Fox Dame
post Nov 22, 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 34615

So how exactly do negative ions clean the air? It seems like a lot of air filters incorporate negative ions as part of their advertising, but is there any science behind it?http://www.xtmmo.com
+Quote Post
GeorgeLoo
post Sep 29, 2017, 01:41 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 39126

ionization of water? in Japan? It is certainly interesting to know more in detail but I do not understand how it is carried out
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 03:49 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles