Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Huperzine A side effect question before I start
perfect_paradigm
post Jul 02, 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32892

Does anyone know if the possible side effects of acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, such as the cholinergic urticaria(hives) are temporary or would you develop a permanent allergy to your sweat?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Insum
post Jul 03, 2010, 09:27 AM
Post #2

Aspiring

Member No.: 23519

I started galantamine, which is similar, and have not expierenced any sides. I actually haven't heard of this before. Must be rare?
+Quote Post
perfect_paradigm
post Jul 03, 2010, 12:41 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(perfect_paradigm @ Jul 02, 2010, 02:12 PM) *

Does anyone know if the possible side effects of acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, such as the cholinergic urticaria(hives) are temporary or would you develop a permanent allergy to your sweat?

Yes, I think it's rare and temporary, but I seem to be a magnet for rare health problems so if it's not temporary then I can't take the chance.

I have chemical sensitivities and so maybe my immune system is already out of whack which would place me at a much higher risk of getting side effects from excess acetylcholine which can increase histamine.
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Jul 03, 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #4

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

Some info here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huperzine_A
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Jul 04, 2010, 03:19 PM
Post #5

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

Ive been using it for a while. It does gave me stomach upset and itching (NGF?) but it was just a matter or time for these side effects to disappear. Now that i think about it i had some hives whose i didnt realised could be related to huperzine. Anyway they disappear aswell and even most importan i manage to get from huperzine the effect i wanted, memory. Its a real pity it cant be used more often.
+Quote Post
perfect_paradigm
post Jul 05, 2010, 09:38 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(Jakare @ Jul 04, 2010, 03:19 PM) *

Ive been using it for a while. It does gave me stomach upset and itching (NGF?) but it was just a matter or time for these side effects to disappear. Now that i think about it i had some hives whose i didnt realised could be related to huperzine. Anyway they disappear aswell and even most importan i manage to get from huperzine the effect i wanted, memory. Its a real pity it cant be used more often.

Thanks. Just what I wanted to hear. smile.gif

I think all your side effects were due to excessive acetylcholine.

Did the side effects start to subside without lowering your dosage? And what is your dosage?

Also did you notice improvements in memory after the first dose?
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Jul 05, 2010, 09:56 AM
Post #7

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

QUOTE(perfect_paradigm @ Jul 05, 2010, 07:38 PM) *

Thanks. Just what I wanted to hear. smile.gif

I think all your side effects were due to excessive acetylcholine.

Did the side effects start to subside without lowering your dosage? And what is your dosage?

Also did you notice improvements in memory after the first dose?

Yes, the side effects were related to high acetylcholine level. My baseline seems to be high. Aswell i was taking 100mg caps, i will recommend 50mg caps instead.

If you have side effects you must stop taking it till they dissapear and start again on a lower dose. At the beginnig i only notice the side-effects sorry, and it is a bit tricky because if it works, you dont know till you need the informatión you are not aware of being retaining the info. Suddenly i founded myself recalling stupid things like lottery numbers or a number reference from a product i bought. I prey for being retaining the important things aswell ;-)
For the moment i got a more than 90% mark on my exams where the baseline was 60 to 80% if lucky.
Of course ive been taking other things not just huperzine.
Anyway i just orther some Galantamine which is suppose to be even better, for the moment my wallet can tell it is more expensive. Time will tell.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 01:41 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles