Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scared, Suboxone and depression
lakeman990
post Mar 28, 2010, 02:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32672

Hello, my name is John and i just discoverd this site after much research. I have been addicted to opiates for the last 6 years. I started on perks, loratab, etc. I entered rehab 5 years ago after being introduced to Fent. I went CT in rehab and felt like crap for over 8 months and went back to perks and tabs. After getting sick of this addiction i went to a sub dr and started with 32 mg of orange and after a few months went to 16 mg. On Jan. 26 i started to taper and at this moment i am at 6 mg of suboxone. I take 1 60 mg of Cymbalta and 15 mg of Valium as well. After my taper on sub i feel very weak, depressed and sleep 12 to 14 hours a day as i lost my job of 26 years a few months ago. I may add my wife OD on a Xanax and Fent patch combo. She was a addict as well. I guess my question is would taking Adderall be a drug to benefit my lack of motavation and sleeping all the time as i am very depressed and can't seem to find pleasure in life. I seem sheltered in my room and very unsocial and really don't find pleasure in life. I have taken antis all my life and benzos since my dads death in 1984. A friend of mine gave me some 30 mg Adderall a few months ago and i began to come out of my shell and be social and seemed to function normal and begin to enjoy life again. At this moment i am very depressed and unmotivated and need help very bad it seems as i know life should be more enjoyable and full of happyness. I see my sub dr this Thursday and i want to ask him for Adderall of something to get me motivated. Is this a crazy idea? I have no physical pain, but became addicted to opiates as a pleasure drug. Thanks if anyone can respond to my question.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Mar 28, 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #2

God

Member No.: 4768

I think you need to go speak to a psychologist and get some counseling. Stop using drugs to solve your problems.

The reason your addicted and depressed is because your using drugs to solve psychological problems which creates a negative feedback loop forcing you to continue using the drugs because it doesnt actually solve your problem. Psychological depression is never treated with drugs, you feel the way you do because of your thoughts, thought patterns, mindset, etc. Only by first fixing that will you eliminate the root cause of your need for drugs. Until then no amount of biological attempts at de-conditioning yourself will be effective because the source of your addictions is still present, aka psychological pain. Regardless of if you eliminate the biological addiction the need to eliminate the psychological pain will still be present.

For starters I recommend starting an exercise regimen. If you start jogging everyday you will release some of the most powerful natural highs your brain has to offer, aka endorphins. This is a good start to eliminating the chemical causes for depression, by exercising you release natural happiness chemicals into your brain so you dont need external ones. however this alone wont solve your problems, you need to fix the root cause, which I think is psychological.

Note, this information is for entertainment purposes only, it should not be construed as medical advice. You should seek qualified medical professionals.
+Quote Post
lucid_dream
post Mar 29, 2010, 01:51 PM
Post #3

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 956

if Adderall worked once, why wouldn't you try it again?
+Quote Post
Rick
post Mar 29, 2010, 03:31 PM
Post #4

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

All those drugs you mentioned are very troublesome, especially vallium. I know they are hard to kick. If I were in your shoes, I would try (I don't know if I would succeed) to taper down on all drugs until I were completely drug free. I don't know any other way to be happy. I have some experience, believe me. I understand how difficult it is, so good luck.
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Apr 05, 2010, 03:40 PM
Post #5

Supreme God

Member No.: 845

QUOTE(maximus242 @ Mar 29, 2010, 01:39 AM) *

I think you need to go speak to a psychologist and get some counseling. Stop using drugs to solve your problems.

The reason your addicted and depressed is because your using drugs to solve psychological problems which creates a negative feedback loop forcing you to continue using the drugs because it doesnt actually solve your problem. Psychological depression is never treated with drugs, you feel the way you do because of your thoughts, thought patterns, mindset, etc. Only by first fixing that will you eliminate the root cause of your need for drugs. Until then no amount of biological attempts at de-conditioning yourself will be effective because the source of your addictions is still present, aka psychological pain. Regardless of if you eliminate the biological addiction the need to eliminate the psychological pain will still be present.

For starters I recommend starting an exercise regimen. If you start jogging everyday you will release some of the most powerful natural highs your brain has to offer, aka endorphins. This is a good start to eliminating the chemical causes for depression, by exercising you release natural happiness chemicals into your brain so you dont need external ones. however this alone wont solve your problems, you need to fix the root cause, which I think is psychological.

Note, this information is for entertainment purposes only, it should not be construed as medical advice. You should seek qualified medical professionals.

QUOTE(Rick @ Mar 30, 2010, 12:31 AM) *

All those drugs you mentioned are very troublesome, especially vallium. I know they are hard to kick. If I were in your shoes, I would try (I don't know if I would succeed) to taper down on all drugs until I were completely drug free. I don't know any other way to be happy. I have some experience, believe me. I understand how difficult it is, so good luck.
Max and Rick have given good advice. Are you able to let us know of your progress?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2017 - 03:17 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles