BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brain Damage From Cognitive Enhancers, My brother lost his mind by following the advice posted on this website.
ronnieday
post Jun 06, 2012, 12:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 34304

/post removed to protect patient's privacy/
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Jun 06, 2012, 01:37 AM
Post #2

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

I canīt believe it!!! I just had a PM from him few days ago!!!
Is his condition really so hopeless?
Please, tell him Jakare is thinking of him and I wish him a full recovery.
Please send him my love.

I will reconsider the use of many substances as you said.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Jun 06, 2012, 10:03 AM
Post #3

Overlord

Member No.: 33523

I am friends with both Ron and Tony on Facebook, so far no status regarding Tony's condition. If this account was fake, he/she would not know Flex's real name Tony. Shit, this is alarming.
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Jun 06, 2012, 10:32 AM
Post #4

Demi-God

QUOTE(KoolK3n @ Jun 06, 2012, 07:03 PM) *

I am friends with both Ron and Tony on Facebook, so far no status regarding Tony's condition. If this account was fake, he/she would not know Flex's real name Tony. Shit, this is alarming.

I would be really happy if this is just a cruel joke but I think it isn't.
A lack of news on the next days will be a bad signal.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Jun 06, 2012, 11:45 AM
Post #5

Overlord

Yes. I've just talked to Ronnie. This is real. Tony is in deep trouble. I will not disclose anything more publicly.
+Quote Post
Dan
post Jun 08, 2012, 03:36 PM
Post #6

God

Member No.: 96

Judging from his last few posts, it looks like Flex suffered a mental breakdown. Perhaps the chemicals were complicit to a degree, but more likely Flex just ventured too far into the great mystery. I doubt the chemicals 'did it' any more than smoking pot enables onset of schizophrenia. This may be what actually happened, btw. Without appropriate will to fight when venturing into such unknowns, without the warrior spirit that is not afraid of eternal hell, such a venture into the mystery can result in a psychological house of mirrors where confusion and fear can run rampant. What Flex needs is stabilization followed by baby steps of mental and emotional recoherence. His brother may be the best hope he has. He needs to help Flex to stand on his own feet and walk, and accept the world as it is. Help Flex become a warrior spirit. Even if Flex can recover a decent mental coherence, he might always be haunted by the mystery that he tasted but did not understand.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Jun 08, 2012, 06:01 PM
Post #7

Supreme God

Member No.: 3202

that is sad to hear.... there are a few nuts that have been around here encouraging usage of these drugs over the years.... let this be a head's up of things to come for those that follow the advice of some of these wacko drug guru's.... thanks for sharing ronnie and for the warning, flex always spoke highly of you around here and championed your music (half-moon bay is my favorite). Hopefully flex will pull through this and he comes out of it a better more knowledgeable young man for the experience.... take care
+Quote Post
ronnieday
post Jun 14, 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 34304

This is just a quick update to say that Tony is still in the hospital, and his condition has not improved at all. It will be one month tomorrow since his initial hospitalization.
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jun 14, 2012, 07:13 PM
Post #9

Overlord

Member No.: 4916

no diagnosis after one month, huh?
+Quote Post
Dan
post Jun 14, 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #10

God

Member No.: 96

QUOTE(ronnieday @ Jun 14, 2012, 10:03 PM) *
This is just a quick update to say that Tony is still in the hospital, and his condition has not improved at all. It will be one month tomorrow since his initial hospitalization.

What sort of things does he talk about?
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Jun 14, 2012, 08:10 PM
Post #11

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

For starters, I thought Flex sounded way to smart for his age; and to his credit. I know he is real, because I followed his posts through the years. I did notice that he was exceptionally versed on cognitive enhancers and the likes. I never read those posts of his in those threads because I'm not into that kind of stuff (nutrients, food supplements, multivitamins, etc) my self. What puzzles me is how could he have gone over the edge almost from one day to the next. And how he went from an overly smart and knowledgeable young man into a mental case. He never showed any incoherent or irrational tendencies in this posts from beginning to end! Something doesn't add up here! Besides, he was usually the one GIVING, not taking the advise about these brain enhancing products... hmm!
If this is all true, I am as sorry for Flex as I am puzzled as to what really happened to him. I hope his brother cares to explain and follow up on his (Flex's) progress... Or lack of it!
+Quote Post
Landri
post Jun 19, 2012, 02:29 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 33670

QUOTE(Flex @ Jun 14, 2012, 08:10 PM) *

Psychiatry is indeed satanistic--just wait till you become chemically dependent and find your self spending valuable time in hospitals rather than learning and appreciating life.

A little telling I think.
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jun 20, 2012, 01:18 AM
Post #13

God

Member No.: 25755

Best wishes to Tony; I hope very much for a speedy and full recovery. I myself had taken similar combinations of things and experienced a near death experience with a two week hospital stay.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Jun 20, 2012, 07:50 AM
Post #14

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(Phi @ Jun 20, 2012, 01:18 AM) *

Best wishes to Tony; I hope very much for a speedy and full recovery. I myself had taken similar combinations of things and experienced a near death experience with a two week hospital stay.

That explains the halo!
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jun 20, 2012, 01:11 PM
Post #15

God

yeah; https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphoto...642605123_n.jpg
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jun 20, 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #16

Overlord

QUOTE(Landri @ Jun 19, 2012, 05:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Flex @ Jun 14, 2012, 08:10 PM) *

Psychiatry is indeed satanistic--just wait till you become chemically dependent and find your self spending valuable time in hospitals rather than learning and appreciating life.

A little telling I think.

Ok what Satanic means is Darwinism or Self serving, it has nothing to do necessarily with the worship of a being. There are real Satanic groups and organizations and philosophies that mirror self-serving social-Darwinism and I extend this term outside the realm of those philosophic groups & literature to include organizations and people who aren't familiar with them yet are the same in their philosophies & policy.
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jun 20, 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #17

Overlord

When a lot of people talk about the problems of psychiatry & social issues & policies & wars & poverty & everything else, they talk about it so weakly, as if they are talking about a bad day or a cake that was mis-baked or a bad item they had to go back to the store & exchange for another item. Its fashionable to be extra-weak in articulating things that are so hideous, there may not be words strong enough.

Perhaps one reason for this is that most of the people who address these issues are people who are well-off & not to close to the detrimental affect of these issues.

Also, the world is very coercive and authoritarian where authorities decide things. So the reason why 100 mg stablon and 40 mg Oxymorphone tablets dont exist for depression is quite frankly because the people have no concept of dysphoria. On the other hand, everyone has experienced intense physical pain a few times in their life, if boiling water spilled on them or they sprained an ankle, so its no surprise that we have opioids and such for pain, but nothing for dysphoria. I can gureentee you that if everyone experienced dysphoria like they experienced accidental toe stubbing, sprained ankles and skin burns, there would be things like 100 mg stablon tablets and opioids as unscheduled. MEdicine developers and policy setters are people who feel well all of the time.
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jun 21, 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #18

God

QUOTE(Tone @ Jun 20, 2012, 05:53 PM) *

MEdicine developers and policy setters are people who feel well all of the time.

and Phi
+Quote Post
still
post Jun 22, 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 26668

QUOTE(Phi @ Jun 21, 2012, 11:44 PM) *

MEdicine developers and policy setters are people who feel well all of the time.

and Phi

Ronnie,

I am very sorry to hear this. Even though I am not very active in this community I remember being distinctly impressed with Flex's intelligence and ambition. I really hope he pulls through. Thank you for updating us. Have the doctors determined if what exactly triggered it?

Phi, what are the similar combinations of chemicals you think you took, and what did the hospital do for you to help you recover?
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jun 23, 2012, 02:04 AM
Post #20

God

QUOTE(still @ Jun 22, 2012, 06:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Phi @ Jun 21, 2012, 11:44 PM) *

and Phi

Ronnie,

I am very sorry to hear this. Even though I am not very active in this community I remember being distinctly impressed with Flex's intelligence and ambition. I really hope he pulls through. Thank you for updating us. Have the doctors determined if what exactly triggered it?

Phi, what are the similar combinations of chemicals you think you took, and what did the hospital do for you to help you recover?

I was taking phenylethylamine with maois
+Quote Post
quantum_passion
post Jun 23, 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 34340

Ronnie, I am sorry to hear that happened to your brother. My brother also developed schizophrenia, and when he was showing odd symptoms like doing nothing all day or being overly reactive, we thought it was a behavioral problem. But to our dismay, we later figured that it was a biological problem as more and more oddities occurred. Schizophrenia is thought to come from a genetic precursor but also needs external environmental factors for it to be triggered. In this case, my brother ran into a bout of depression.

Is your brother the only one in your family heritage that has had this problem? Did your brother have depression or any other factors that could have affected him?

Also Ronnie, your leaving out some very important piece of information so that no one else would run into the same problem (if it was truly caused by medication); what medication was he on at the time of this incident? If other forum members know, please reply.

It is also important to me since I wouldn't want something to happen to myself. I should be fine though, I only take 3g Piracetam 4-5 times a week, 1g choline, fish oil, and multivitamins.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Jun 23, 2012, 06:26 PM
Post #22

Overlord

QUOTE(quantum_passion @ Jun 23, 2012, 05:13 PM) *

Ronnie, I am sorry to hear that happened to your brother. My brother also developed schizophrenia, and when he was showing odd symptoms like doing nothing all day or being overly reactive, we thought it was a behavioral problem. But to our dismay, we later figured that it was a biological problem as more and more oddities occurred. Schizophrenia is thought to come from a genetic precursor but also needs external environmental factors for it to be triggered. In this case, my brother ran into a bout of depression.

Is your brother the only one in your family heritage that has had this problem? Did your brother have depression or any other factors that could have affected him?

Also Ronnie, your leaving out some very important piece of information so that no one else would run into the same problem (if it was truly caused by medication); what medication was he on at the time of this incident? If other forum members know, please reply.

It is also important to me since I wouldn't want something to happen to myself. I should be fine though, I only take 3g Piracetam 4-5 times a week, 1g choline, fish oil, and multivitamins.

Good job asking the right questions.
Skepticism ftw!
+Quote Post
quantum_passion
post Jun 24, 2012, 08:47 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 34340

QUOTE(KoolK3n @ Jun 23, 2012, 07:26 PM) *

QUOTE(quantum_passion @ Jun 23, 2012, 05:13 PM) *

Good job asking the right questions.
Skepticism ftw!

Correlation does not imply causation. We live in an immensely complex world.

However, this is not to say that I don't believe that it is the cause, I withhold any judgment given the fact that there isn't enough information. It just means that I would like more information for us to assess our safety or lack of.
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Jul 10, 2012, 02:52 PM
Post #24

Demi-God

QUOTE(Dan @ Jun 15, 2012, 04:52 AM) *

QUOTE(ronnieday @ Jun 14, 2012, 10:03 PM) *

What sort of things does he talk about?

What can you see?
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Jul 12, 2012, 06:27 AM
Post #25

Demi-God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 5683

I do have concerns about PEA and that is why we don't carry it at Cerebral Health.
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jul 12, 2012, 07:02 AM
Post #26

Overlord

I cant feel anything from PEA, then it just metabolize into an anti-cancer agent that is ok & healthy in modest levels, Phenylacetic Acid. And its crappy with partial MAOI
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jul 12, 2012, 07:11 AM
Post #27

Overlord

Bulk Theanine...... $85 ... Cant feel Theanine if i take 2,000 mg

I find it to be a really interesting coincidence that the thousands of products there are have no effect on me, and anything that has an effect on me is very hard, or impossible to get, and infeasible. Now if it were possible to calculate the odds of that, I wonder what they would be.
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jul 12, 2012, 07:17 AM
Post #28

Overlord

DANGER: Not using Antioxidants, Chelators & Vitamin Mineral Nutrients could cause Brain Damage.
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jul 12, 2012, 07:19 AM
Post #29

Overlord

QUOTE(ronnieday @ Jun 06, 2012, 03:33 AM) *

Post removed because he recovered and said WTF you doing
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jul 12, 2012, 12:13 PM
Post #30

God

QUOTE(Tone @ Jul 12, 2012, 08:19 AM) *

QUOTE(ronnieday @ Jun 06, 2012, 03:33 AM) *

Post removed because he recovered and said WTF you doing

lol, ye
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 12:37 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright Đ BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles