Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So many questions, but let's start with this one, Quantum Mechanics: MWI
BullGator2000
post Aug 16, 2015, 12:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 37613

I have so many questions. But in an attempt to make this post as concise as possible, I would like to stay on topic. But let's just say that my hobbies or passions include quantum physics, metaphysics, evolutionary psychology and it's role in social dynamics (gender roles specifically), consciousness, technology (more specifically the technology singularity or the hypothesis of one), futurism, game theory, on and on. I really should just concentrate on just one topic, but I digress haha.

So in as few a words as possible. Let's just do a thought experiment. The MWI interpretation of QM is true. There are an infinite number of universes with every outcome. Everything has happened. So if everything has happened, then there's a world where the technological singularity arose much quicker, and humans were able to create simulated realities and travel from one universe to another perhaps? So we can suffice to say, we are living in a world created by our future selves? Who knows. But then you could say the exact same thing for the our future selves. Infinity is just too undefinable. It's like a constant. Perhaps our brains our not evolved enough to really understand the true nature of infinity. Consciousness is another big one for me, but I'll save that one for another day.

I'm just into finance & business. I have no real skills or education in physics, really just philosophy and what I have taught myself. So perhaps, some of you more experience, more knowledgeable men and women can enlighten me on this topic? That would be greatly appreciated.

In conclusion. The way I look at the world, universe, consciousness, whatever you what to call the whole shebang. It's like a train. This train is moving at a very high speed and is very difficult to push off track. But it can be pushed off track time and time again, into another track; but in the end, perhaps it realigns itself with the correct track or the original track? Who knows. I'm really just spit balling here. Another one is that we are in the ocean, and life is the waves and the water. We can go with the flow and let life dictate our actions. (being passive) Or we can start swimming, perhaps build a freakin' battleship and dictate where we go in the ocean. (being more aggressive or assertive). Taking action.

Is it positive estimate value for me to be selfish? But at the same time, I'd like to help out others, but they don't seem to want my help and do not return the amount of effort that I put in. This is very disheartening at times, and makes me want to be more selfish. Perhaps I will just lead by example.

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
morrow
post Aug 30, 2015, 02:39 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 37872

All of your speculation hinges upon the notion of causality. It remains unclear whether causes in what we experience as the future can affect what we experience as the present, but, given the laws of special relativity, it is likely. In the movie "Interstellar", the humans discover the causes work in both directions; that human consciousness itself becomes the God that causes human consciousness.
+Quote Post
Botell0
post Jun 21, 2016, 06:15 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 38214

agreed with morrow. movie "Interstellar" is a really good example of that. though we cannot know if that's true or not, of course, but that's a really good thought.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 02:48 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles