Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi everybody! Hi Dr. Nick
DevelopYourMind
post Jul 04, 2017, 01:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38765

Hey,

I'm Thomas and it's pretty awesome to have finally found a cool forum to interact with other great minds. I have such a strong passion for all things related to the mind and intelligence. My background entails a Bachelor's degree in cognitive psychology from UIUC where I studied metacognition. Unfortunately, I did not pursue graduate education in the field but actually switched careers into Emergency Nursing. However, I still have some rather ambitious goals and one of them involves starting a company that somehow relates to cognition, neuroscience, or psychology. The ultimate dream though is that one day I will start a private online university that helps to change the face of education.

Nice to meet everyone

Thomas
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haohao
post Jul 08, 2017, 12:15 AM
Post #2

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

Hello DevelopYourMind (or Thomas if you like)! Welcome to this forum to join in the academic communications. I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. This forum I happened to find on the Internet is nice and 24h-accessible for the academic exchange. Feel free to post your academical opinions here within the laws.

2. "Our brain is complex in its functioning on the neuro-signaling system with the human intelligence cored with the contrasting function. In addition, I thought that all the information we kept receiving might be systemic processed into storage for our timely interacting with the surrounding environment, and might not “only 1% of all sensory information gets retained” with the possibility of almost all information recovered in certain conditions. Based on my theories proposed by my web posters published in this forum before, the interaction with the surrounding environment shapes our brain functioning, including the construction of our consciousness or conception or mind activities, in which our processing way of information takes a major part. “Senses” is juts one part of our interaction with the surrounding environment, because our way of processing information takes a leading part in our construction of conception or mind activities with all-time working, which is part of our intelligence system. If you like, I would recommend some of my web posters published in this forum which I found in the Internet, including 'The Brain Automatic Information Processing Theory', 'Behaviours May Reshape our Cognition in Neuro-level Starting from the Perception', and 'The Core of the Human Cognition System', which might be useful in helping your thinking for the related areas. (Which has already published in the poster issued on Jan 06, 2017, 06:24 PM as a reply for the thread 'I think Consciousness is a lot more biological, and perhaps simple, than we perceive it to be.') "

3. "Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.
+Quote Post
DevelopYourMind
post Jul 17, 2017, 11:53 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 38765

QUOTE(haohao @ Jul 08, 2017, 03:15 AM) *

Hello DevelopYourMind (or Thomas if you like)! Welcome to this forum to join in the academic communications. I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. This forum I happened to find on the Internet is nice and 24h-accessible for the academic exchange. Feel free to post your academical opinions here within the laws.

2. "Our brain is complex in its functioning on the neuro-signaling system with the human intelligence cored with the contrasting function. In addition, I thought that all the information we kept receiving might be systemic processed into storage for our timely interacting with the surrounding environment, and might not “only 1% of all sensory information gets retained” with the possibility of almost all information recovered in certain conditions. Based on my theories proposed by my web posters published in this forum before, the interaction with the surrounding environment shapes our brain functioning, including the construction of our consciousness or conception or mind activities, in which our processing way of information takes a major part. “Senses” is juts one part of our interaction with the surrounding environment, because our way of processing information takes a leading part in our construction of conception or mind activities with all-time working, which is part of our intelligence system. If you like, I would recommend some of my web posters published in this forum which I found in the Internet, including 'The Brain Automatic Information Processing Theory', 'Behaviours May Reshape our Cognition in Neuro-level Starting from the Perception', and 'The Core of the Human Cognition System', which might be useful in helping your thinking for the related areas. (Which has already published in the poster issued on Jan 06, 2017, 06:24 PM as a reply for the thread 'I think Consciousness is a lot more biological, and perhaps simple, than we perceive it to be.') "

3. "Experience is one way to show your interest and span for the research, which has no direct links with the innovation and best practices. In my opinion, the continuing ability-based performance with interest is the key and the related recognition is important. I thought the essence of the education was the life-long learning and improvements, in which the so-called formal and regular education should be changed into the intensive and flexible learning aiming for the ability-based performances. To be a real intelligence neuroscientist or cognitive neuroscientist, you might need specialized ability-based performance and fund-included web-platform instead of a doctoral degree or post-doctoral medical background, or some professional training certificates or qualifications. "Learning and improving oneself is a life-long course. To be earnest, degrees and diplomas or occupational certificates or qualifications, even the web courses are totally not necessary to the research, even in the future. Internet, specialized e-contents and the interest for the research, including the practicing and webforum, is necessary." from one poster in this forum.

Hahhao,

Nice to meet you. What's your background? Are you a person interested in the mind and cognition or do you work in the field?

2. What's interesting about the brain is that is is extremely plastic (malleable) and we shape it with everything we spend our waking hours doing. Our brains can become extremely efficient at carrying out certain tasks and it's really only a matter of what training, studying, or practice we carry out. I myself am a very analytical, deep-minded person and I used to take my time making decisions. Basically, my processing speed seemed to be rather average and i didn't really push myself to rapidly think and choose the best option. Now, I work in the Emergency Department and rapid, accurate decisions are mandatory. Before I used to have self-doubt about whether I could think this rapidly and be accurate, but with experience and a little courage I developed some serious speed. I love working in this setting because it calls for deep cognitive skills and rapid thinking.

On another note, I really noticed my senses develop and observed myself adapt to this new fast-paced world. Tons of monitor alarms, beeping, buzzing, talking, screaming, clunking to be distracted by, but the important sounds or alarms pierce through. At some point the brain learned that all this stuff is the background noise and the cardiac monitor or the voice of a fellow colleague is essential signal to distinguish. In terms of my motor skills, I can navigate a busy, fast-paced ER with great agility and I'm a 265lb guy. I owe a lot to my brain's ability to sense stimuli from my environment and more importantly, perceive the important reality for which I must make important decisions about. I ended school with an interest in decision making and algorithms. I am now peaking interest artificial intelligence in the sense that it's growth is strongly linked to our understanding of how the human brain makes decisions.

3. In terms of education, I think there will always be a need to have some minimal amount of rigid fundamental structure in how we teach mathematics, biology, language, physics, etc. but once the core is foundation is achieved, a ability-based model that is heavily practical needs to be put into place. Yes, it is true that abilities can be discovered and developed, but we need to adopt a more tailored, individualistic model for how education is delivered. People talk about how the gamification of education will be its savior, I think that metacognition and being taught how to learn and how to think is the solution to education. Once a child understands what learning is and has decent grasp of how encoding and retrieval works in terms of memory, then he can quickly apply whatever process works best for him to whatever interest or major field of study he chooses. For example, learn what type of learner you are first. Are you auditory, visual, kinesthetic? Then have a tool or platform that allows you to track and measure your performance. But isn't this homework, well it is in a way, traditional homework is boring for students and ineffective. With the great advances in technology and software applications for mobile devices, I think homework should be completed on an app for that the teacher creates and gives immediate scoring and reference for further background information. I honestly think that the better students get at identifying how they learn-best and acquiring the best tools for encoding information they want to learn, they'll be easily surpassing any "milestones" or "achievements" we have on our standardized tests.

+Quote Post
haohao
post Jul 18, 2017, 12:51 AM
Post #4

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

My cybername is haohao here. I'm not a Professor, and hope I could provide some suggestive opinions.

1. No any academic degree. Just keen on it. Sorry for short replies.

2. You're actually saying is adaption, which I would call it brain interactions. I thought mixed courses should be provided for the students.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 04:34 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles