Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How hard is it to use an EEG?
NuPharazon
post Jun 17, 2016, 12:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38245

Hello all,

I'm currently working on some undergraduate work in the department of Fine Arts. Previous to this, I earned a B.S. in Biology, but it was more zoology oriented than medically oriented. Anyway, this research I'm doing involves showing different forms of art to people, and seeing how they respond to it. The plan was to use an EEG to document responses. The head of our Psychology department implied that he knew how to operate and read an EEG machine, but now that we have it, he says we're on our own to figure it out. He's been very unhelpful. I'm very willing to learn it, and I learn quickly. I just don't know if it's possible. Is this something I can do without professional training? The other person on this project is just an undergraduate Fine Arts major, which leaves me as most qualified to operate the machine (although I feel like I'm still far from it). Can I learn how to use the EEG? If so, what resources would you recommend? If you don't think I can learn it, what other tests would you recommend using in place of it? Thanks for your help!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haohao
post Jun 19, 2016, 07:32 PM
Post #2

Awakening

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 38120

I'm not a Prof., and hope to provide some helpful suggestions.

1. Of course you could learn by yourself to operate this machine. I don't think it's derserved to be called "professional training". The tool I recommend is the Internet and your brain. To search the operation mannuel and if there's already a paper or electronical edition, then just read it and try to operate it.

2. As for the brain researching, I suggest that you could use the cell camera to record the responses with the combination of other devices. If you're interesting, you could see my post before, which is entitled "Methodology of Big Data Automation Combined with the Signal Transmission System of Human Brain".

3. If you're in, you also could join with me for setup of a member-free-of-charge cyber-networking academic association.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 12:57 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles