Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Experiencing Nirvana and DNA computing
trojan_libido
post Jul 09, 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #1

God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 5681

The question that humanity has always asked God, is the same question that the scientific mind is asking of the Universe. Why? A religious person wishes to be reunited with the source, asking questions like Why whenever a loved one passes. Heres another question - Why is it invalid to believe in a creator?

If there is no creator then the Universe just is, without purpose, without intent. In that case the scientist is correct, but he still asks the Universe "Why?" and goes about his measuring and labelling in a proven pointless existence.

I propose the answer to the fundamental question of Why is a fractal Universe. We talk about a possible technological and/or consciousness singularity. We have began developing artifical DNA and associated reactive elements to create a computer capable of storing ridiculous amounts data. Currently it can play tic-tac-toe and is very slow but more breakthroughs have came rapidly.

This technology may take us technically into a new era of human and machine interaction. 1/2 a kilo of DNA can replace all the hard drives in existence today. How will we adjust when we can command an orgasm from the touch of a button, or have unlimited emotional freedom through technology. We are curing blindness with cameras hooked into the brain, seeing the world through eyes built from technology. But this doesnt get factored in when talking about the Divine. Why does the Divine have to be so hidden when our acts and experiences seem to show otherwise.

It makes sense that we are the literal Agents of 'God'. We have become the creator, repeating natures patterns and improving on it. The technology will be a symbiotic DNA based storage system, possibly when AI becomes reality it will create these singularities. When we are repeating nature in this manner I can't help seeing the Matrix and us moving happily toward it, but never acknowledging it!

If we take the singularity hypothesis as a truth for a second and imagine we're experiencing total freedom, we may be able to create another 'big bang' in a box for unlimited energy and unlimited freedom. The resulting fractal Universe would then have a birthing point to continue the pattern and have its "Why?".

When you're using a biological computer to play to your every desire, feeding your emotions and experiencing total freedom...will people still deny its a nice neat solution?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rick
post Jul 10, 2008, 06:53 AM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

QUOTE(trojan_libido @ Jul 09, 2008, 05:06 PM) *
If there is no creator then the Universe just is, without purpose, without intent. In that case the scientist is correct, but he still asks the Universe "Why?" and goes about his measuring and labelling in a proven pointless existence.

Fallacy: that existence is pointless does not follow from the absence of a creator agent.

We are here and we define meaning. Your very post is an example of this.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Jul 10, 2008, 08:00 AM
Post #3

God

We are slaves to our biology, we have to eat, drink, sleep and screw. Everything in the world today is either about those, or its about wasting time. We can have our own personal goals, but none of them matter one bit to the infinite.

People who pray to God hoping 'He' will smile on them are doing exactly the same as those trying to change the world through magick with old bones and animal innards.

The only real point of it all is the movement, - the Dance.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Jul 10, 2008, 08:03 AM
Post #4

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

What about those who change the world through teaching, political action, invention, and scientific research?

Some are more slave-like to their biology than others. Free will makes the difference. One can become more free as an expression of will.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Jul 10, 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #5

Supreme God

Member No.: 3458

Very interesting ideas Trojan. There is something real in it.

I think He is smiling for those who want to see that smile.

Between the lines the Lord does dwell,
And looks through coming ages,
At world he mastered for himself,
For goodness and for braves.

Through lines he looks at human eyes,
And chases those ones,
Which in-between the lines will find,
The funny Cheshire eyes.

In darkness holly hill does shine
And home is seen aside,
And in that home the Lord resides,
Along with funny guys (Ben, John, Tom etc).
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Jul 10, 2008, 11:45 PM
Post #6

God

QUOTE(Rick @ Jul 10, 2008, 05:03 PM) *
What about those who change the world through teaching, political action, invention, and scientific research?
Being able to change the world is a valid personal pursuit, and probably the only one that matters. Creating a ripple within culture that is inevitably copied and alluded to the world over will alter this crazy pattern we're creating. That is the empowering thing about de-personalising the God concept. But many people seem locked into a personal communion with their God and can only see emptiness and despair in the reality that this God doesnt reply to questions.
QUOTE(Rick @ Jul 10, 2008, 05:03 PM) *
Some are more slave-like to their biology than others. Free will makes the difference. One can become more free as an expression of will.
Free will can't remove you from the bondage of eating, drinking and sleeping - although I recognise that many have died because of refusing to eat and drink in silent protest to issues. This is free will, but ultimately, if we dont do as our bodies say, we die. Like a fish trying to survive out of water just to exercise free will and be different.

How does DNA computing make others feel? I told my girlfriend about it and without prompting her first response was "I dont like it, its freaky...". Why should she have this response? You'd have thought I told her that we were building supercomputers out of baby brains harvested from orphans - her response was that negative.

To clarity why I find all this interesting, I see techonology as a next step in evolution, and humans are like stem cells in our ability to grow into any role required.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jul 11, 2008, 06:20 AM
Post #7

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

Free will can't remove you from the bondage of eating, drinking and sleeping

It is absolutely the very thing that can.
if we dont do as our bodies say, we die.

Our bodies are the reflections of mind and mind is the reflection of will and will is the reflection of consciousness or God.
Free will allows us to move into being whatever we would wish to experience as the "I" or to simply be as we are without the constraints of physical boundaries.
On topic: Computers are simply the extension of ideas related to the boundaries of human comprehension and a way to extend the mind into greater physical power.
The absolute danger is that it can be the technology that would support the machinery to take the mind into false realities of virtual projections, to draw the senses into man made dream worlds further removing man from its own power in conscious awareness by extending a dependence on illusions.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Jul 12, 2008, 04:06 AM
Post #8

God

QUOTE(Joesus @ Jul 11, 2008, 03:20 PM) *

On topic: Computers are simply the extension of ideas related to the boundaries of human comprehension and a way to extend the mind into greater physical power.
Exactly, we've used technology, in most cases mimicking and improving on nature. How does that fit into the static religious scriptures and their ideas about God? Is the only valid stance one that ignores the physical patterns we've been evolving into and instead believes scripture without question?
QUOTE(Joesus @ Jul 11, 2008, 03:20 PM) *
The absolute danger is that it can be the technology that would support the machinery to take the mind into false realities of virtual projections, to draw the senses into man made dream worlds further removing man from its own power in conscious awareness by extending a dependence on illusions.
We have always lived in these dream worlds! Our sleep is spent in them. You keep stating we'll move away from the true reality, when in truth we are unable to see the Ultimate Truth because we're using biological instruments to see, hear, feel, taste and smell approximations of that reality. TV is an illusion, but it is also an extension of our senses. Now we can see and hear things going on right across the oceans and even into space. I think you'll agree interesting times are ahead, that last paragraph could be read as if it contains a little fear and acknowledgement of the inevitable man-machine merger and the birth of a real Matrix.

But I suppose I'm really asking how DNA computing makes you feel? Does it alter your perceptions or cause emotions? It makes me nervous, excited and confirms again to me the path the pattern is likely to take. It seems you think these false realities are somehow an abomination or straying from the true path of God. But I feel its the opposite, the inevitable continuation of a trend of evolution that is not isolated to biology. A Gaian evolution.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jul 12, 2008, 08:04 AM
Post #9

Supreme God

Exactly, we've used technology, in most cases mimicking and improving on nature.

Mimicking what we know about nature based on three dimensional perceptions of reality and evolving superstition.
How does that fit into the static religious scriptures and their ideas about God? Is the only valid stance one that ignores the physical patterns we've been evolving into and instead believes scripture without question?
Scripture points out (by describing the experience of those who are not superstitious) that the senses are misused to a fault. That the outer world and how we perceive it as broken, (while we try to improve upon it) is merely the reflection of our own level of intellectual cognition.
Tho the tools we build today are slightly better than the sticks we beat each other with in the past as neanderthals, they can only emulate what we believe is the nature of ourselves and the universe.
Obviously science dreams of computers with their own intelligence, maybe surpassing our own.
This is tantamount to the reason we feel inadequate and helpless in a Universe that is far bigger than we can imagine.
It would be rather Presumptuous to think we know enough about nature to improve upon it when one does not know anything about who they really are.
One has the capabilities to surpass the mechanics of artificially stimulating the senses, but then you won't as long as you believe you can't.

We have always lived in these dream worlds! Our sleep is spent in them.

The dream worlds of sleep extend themselves into the world when your eyes are open (so to speak).
That is the relative nature of imperfection in nature. Delusions created from deep sleep or the inability to tap into the full extent of ones subtle senses. Kinda like looking but not seeing, listening but not hearing.

You keep stating we'll move away from the true reality, when in truth we are unable to see the Ultimate Truth because we're using biological instruments to see, hear, feel, taste and smell approximations of that reality.

Bingo. And by using these biological instruments to fabricate mechanical instruments which are built from the level of these biological instruments we will always remain isolated in the field of vision that exists in a three dimensional world.
Even if a machine were somehow able to achieve perception beyond our biological senses, if we ourselves cannot perceive with other than our biological senses, and they are isolated to their field of perceptions that are limited to dreams, what would they see or hear from those machines? Would we believe a machine if it said there was something we cannot see? Would we give our authority to a mechanical device of our own creation?

But I suppose I'm really asking how DNA computing makes you feel? Does it alter your perceptions or cause emotions? It makes me nervous, excited and confirms again to me the path the pattern is likely to take. It seems you think these false realities are somehow an abomination or straying from the true path of God. But I feel its the opposite, the inevitable continuation of a trend of evolution that is not isolated to biology. A Gaian evolution.

It doesn't make me feel anything. Its an idea.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Jul 12, 2008, 09:48 AM
Post #10

God

QUOTE(Joesus)
QUOTE(TL)
...we are unable to see the Ultimate Truth because we're using biological instruments to see, hear, feel, taste and smell approximations of that reality.
Bingo. And by using these biological instruments to fabricate mechanical instruments which are built from the level of these biological instruments we will always remain isolated in the field of vision that exists in a three dimensional world.
Then the only thing that is important to understanding the path reality takes is what we perceive in our narrow band of experience.

A bad analogy: If God was an invisible jet fighter, all you would see is the disturbance in the air and path God had taken. I'm staring at the disturbance and wondering where the thing that made it is going. Others seem to be content just knowing something was there.

Biological mechanisms are being utilised in computing and those changes are going to challenge our core beliefs. Politics has already been heating up over stem cell research, cloning, GM crops etc. What will happen when technology and biology become so integrated that its possible for a internet of combined consciousness. If all physical and psychic needs can be satisfied in cyberspace, do you think that the consciousness singularity and technological singularity may be reached?
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jul 12, 2008, 10:21 AM
Post #11

Supreme God

Then the only thing that is important to understanding the path reality takes is what we perceive in our narrow band of experience.

No what is important is to stop limiting ourselves to the beliefs that keep us in the narrow band of experience.

The only thing stopping us from being unbounded is the limits we place in front of us.
Technology is a form of reinforcement in the weakness of humanity.
If God was an invisible jet fighter, all you would see is the disturbance in the air and path God had taken. I'm staring at the disturbance and wondering where the thing that made it is going. Others seem to be content just knowing something was there.

But God isn't an invisible Jet fighter, that would be a bad analogy.

Biological mechanisms are being utilised in computing and those changes are going to challenge our core beliefs.
Yes changing our core beliefs will do some good, but will the change be substantial enough to keep us from projecting where God/nature is going and whether or not it really needs fixing?
So far the planet and humanity is suffering greatly from our fixing and manipulations.
Ground water is tainted with poisons, our air is tainted with poisons. Even tho good intentions are often felt as a positive ideal, creating from not knowing does not necessarily produce an end result that miraculously erases ignorance or fixing problems. Even scientific logic tells us to create from knowledge rather than ignorance, but we don't always listen to reason do we?
I'm not saying this kind of evolution is bad. Edison made a claim that he found a few thousand ways not to make a light bulb, but do we really have that same positive attitude when we say we found a few thousand ways not to define God and Humanity when we bring ourselves to the brink of extinction over and over again? Especially when the answers have always existed for as long as humanity has?

Every once in a while someone comes along to point us in the right direction but we often say, "Thank you very much but I think I'll do it my way."

Politics has already been heating up over stem cell research, cloning, GM crops etc. What will happen when technology and biology become so integrated that its possible for a internet of combined consciousness.
Not to be negative but if you put a million stupid ideas together do they become smarter?
If all physical and psychic needs can be satisfied in cyberspace, do you think that the consciousness singularity and technological singularity may be reached?

Never. Not until one is self realized can one recognize they can be satisfied.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 01:16 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles