Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Memory & nero spark
Romas
post Sep 18, 2013, 06:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 35742

Hi
for the last few days i have been stumbled upon a few questions about how our memory works and came to certain conclusions. i my self not a scientist, or a student of it. i read and passionate about how things work.

i would like to share some of my questions and hear some of your expertise thought about those ideas.
so here they are:

1. Is it correct to assume that a group (a cretin specific collection) of neural net form a single code that we call it a memory?

2. where dose the elector-chemical signals come from? and how do we as a "self" control them?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
neuro.akn
post Sep 18, 2013, 09:12 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 34766

Memory is a process through which we acquire, store, retain, recall/retrieve information, which has many forms (numerous types and stage models of memory). A memory has to be formed from information we receive. The information goes through processes known as consolidation and encoding that form these memories and store them for later retrieval. Of course, memory is a vast topic and this reply could get lengthy. As for electrochemical signalling, electrochemical signals occur or appear at a neuromuscular junction. That is, where a presynaptic axon terminal comes into contact with or meets a muscle cell or motor unit, connecting the nervous system to the muscular system via synapses of nerve fibers and muscle fibers. It is electrical signalling; the release of neurotransmitters occurs from a presynaptic axon into the postsynaptic cleft and reaches different types of cells (in this case with the neuromuscular junction it would be muscle cells. As for the "self" control of them, we'll have to look into that. I'm not exactly sure what the extent of human control of it is, if at all.
+Quote Post
Romas
post Sep 18, 2013, 11:09 AM
Post #3

thank you for the answer, all tho that is not what i was looking for at question number 2. let me rephrase it:

where dose the elector-chemical pulse come from when we accessing memory, or creating a thought? and where dose the auto body synapses response from our senses stops, and our "Self" awareness of thoughts begin?
+Quote Post
neuro.akn
post Sep 19, 2013, 08:27 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 34766

I'm not sure if you are being particularly clear with your questions. What is the direct concept of your interest? Electrochemical signalling? The electrochemical pulse you are referring to is an action potential. In your second part, do you mean: when does the chemical messaging stop in order for one to access a memory or conceive a thought?
+Quote Post
Romas
post Sep 19, 2013, 08:32 AM
Post #5

we know that the electro pulses coming from some where, but from where? what sends those signals to ignite the proper nuero net so we could conceive a thought?
+Quote Post
Romas
post Sep 20, 2013, 10:14 AM
Post #6

is it safe to assume that the middbrain (that is like a command center) is the one responsible to send the command to recreate a memory?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2017 - 08:51 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles