Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cerebrolysin Research
KoolK3n
post Mar 23, 2012, 04:41 AM
Post #1

Overlord

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33523

Any studies of Cerebrolysin in healthy young adults?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Phi
post Mar 24, 2012, 06:52 AM
Post #2

God

Member No.: 25755

ill be a lab rat...
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Mar 24, 2012, 07:34 AM
Post #3

Overlord

QUOTE(Phi @ Mar 24, 2012, 09:52 AM) *

ill be a lab rat...

Haha! It's been tested extensively in the elderly and stroke victims with impressive results but there is almost no data available on young healthy adults.

Here you go:
http://www.drugscase.com/memory-problems/cerebrolysin.html
http://www.rxpharmacy.md/other/cerebrolysin.html

Not to sound invasive but are you really gonna give this a try? When? Are you familiar with injection procedures? Can you create a detailed log?

More info:
http://www.antiaging-systems.com/94-cerebrolysin
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Mar 25, 2012, 01:13 PM
Post #4

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

Just post the search phrase below into Google to find some interesting websites:-

Cerebrolysin in healthy young adults
+Quote Post
Flex
post Mar 25, 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #5

God

Member No.: 5877

I sure as hell wouldn't try it--if I had Alzheimer's, sure, but in a healthy individual, it seems like there should be a high degree of immunogenicity given that the fractions are from pig brain....

http://wiseyoung.wordpress.com/2009/02/10/271/

http://www.emea.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/docum...WC500003947.pdf

"The composition of a formulation is chosen in order to best maintain the native conformation of therapeutic proteins. A successful, robust formulation depends on the understanding of the physical and chemical nature of the active substance and the excipients alone and their interaction. Therefore, critical properties of excipients should be identified and characterised. "

Given that no one knows what fraction is actually responsible for the benefits, I say Cerbrolysin at this stage in the game should be avoided. As is usually the case, the benefits to those who are actually ill are significantly greater than for health individuals, and genetics play a major role in determining efficacy. Genetics should be at play given that proteins do not cross the blood brain barrier, and thus cannot exert benefit directly.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Mar 25, 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #6

Overlord

Since what you told me was a summary of the info provided from the first link you attached, I'll respond to what he/you shared:

QUOTE(Flex @ Mar 25, 2012, 04:54 PM) *

On the surface, cerebrolysin seems to be the worst sort of “drug” to investigate. First, it is not clear what cerebrolysin actually contains.

Very true. Going off of that, we shouldn't disregard it simply because its origin. I believe it does warrant additional concern of possible toxic contamination left over in the brain. Companies selling Cerebrolysin could have either ignored this issue or have dealt with it appropriately or inappropriately.

Second, it is difficult to imagine why an intravenous injection of an extract of enzyme-digested pig brain proteins, composed of 25% low molecular weight peptides and 75% free amino acids, would be helpful.

Doesn't explain the cognitive enhancement present. There is some evidence to suggest that AD victims show signs of BBB degeneration which could explain why substances can move more easily into the brain included but not limited to Cerebrolysin.

While we know that many peptides and amino acids act as growth factors and neurotransmitters, the blood brain barrier prevents the movement of peptides and amino acids from the blood to the brain. Third, if peptides and amino acids readily crossed the blood brain barrier, our brains would be subject to the whims of every steak and meal that we eat.

After some skimming through some other forums of younger people taking Cerebrolysin, it seemed to have a small noticeable effect. Nothing drastic or remarkable as they originally thought but yet it has powerful effects in the elderly. Maybe this reinforces my BBB age-related theory? idk. A possible solution to overcome this would be an intracarotid injection of high molarity mannitol to loosen the BBB enough to allow more subtances through for roughly 30 minutes. If true, I recommend injecting Cerebrolysin while on an empty stomach. Though, I advise from repeating this procedure too often in a given time. Could damage neural cells, risk fatal neurological infection, and develop a heavy dependence. Once a month should be acceptable.

It should be quite immunogenic to inject all these foreign peptides intravenously. Immunogenic reactions are complex and not well understood.

You got me...for now. Cerebrolysin does seem to require a lot of caution. Not your typical nootropic supplement. Maybe an animal more similar to humans would reduce immunogenic reactions. Cultivation of desired peptides/hormones/nutrients in bacteria cultures (ex: insulin production) using recombinant DNA technology, could further alleviate complications.
+Quote Post
alisha99
post Jul 31, 2012, 01:42 AM
Post #7

Aspiring

Member No.: 34366

Cerebrolysin is a peptide-based drug that exhibits unique neurotrophic and neuroprotective activity. Cerebrolysin works to treat alzheimer's disease. Using cerbrolysin was found to significantly improve cognitive powers.
+Quote Post
peptide80
post Jan 11, 2013, 03:56 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 34818

I hope its okay to share sources here, forgot my old username, just registered new account smile.gif

Cerebrolysin is not so expensive anymore. Cerebrolysin is only manufactured by EVER Neuro Pharma GmbH.

You can get it from EU based internet pharmacy - www nootropic eu

Cerebrolysin 5 x 10 ml pack - 40.29 GBP
Cerebrolysin 5 x 5 ml pack - 24.15 GBP

Shipped from EU, payment by card, PAYPAL or bank transfer. nootropicEU is the cheapest supplier available wink.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 04:03 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles