BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ronald Mallett's Time Machine, Will it work?
dutch84
post Jun 18, 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #1

Aspiring

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 5115

I don't know if anybody has discussed this on here yet, but there is a Physics Professor at the University of Connecticut named Ronald Mallett that is working on building a time machine. His theory is based on using light to twist space and time. He says that we could have human time travel by the end of this century. Here is an article on this story: http://www.physorg.com/news63371210.html

There are videos of a History Channel documentary about him on youtube and he will be on Good Morning America (on ABC) this Saturday (June 20) to talk about his work. My question is, do you think time travel is possible? and if so, do you think this man has got it right?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rick
post Jun 18, 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

Possible? No. Forward direction only. Not reverse.

Information or matter from the future violates causality. Suppose my future self sends me a ton of gold. Then I could send it back to myself in earlier time, giving me two tons of gold, and so on. Don't even think about the possibility of killing your grandfather before you were born.
+Quote Post
P.j.S
post Jun 18, 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #3

Overlord

Member No.: 32189

QUOTE(dutch84 @ Jun 18, 2009, 02:03 PM) *

I don't know if anybody has discussed this on here yet, but there is a Physics Professor at the University of Connecticut named Ronald Mallett that is working on building a time machine. His theory is based on using light to twist space and time. He says that we could have human time travel by the end of this century. Here is an article on this story: http://www.physorg.com/news63371210.html

There are videos of a History Channel documentary about him on youtube and he will be on Good Morning America (on ABC) this Saturday (June 20) to talk about his work. My question is, do you think time travel is possible? and if so, do you think this man has got it right?

Seriously I am still waiting for Moon Base Alpha. This isn't 1999 any more you know!

Time: 1 second quantum Universal Cursor time. Real Time.
Parsec: elapsed time longer than real time but running within real time.

How? The force of lesser travel in one second of time needs to be compressed in the same second by a force of greater travel expense. The second effort making space in the same second send the weaker force backward and maintains the cursor time in the framework of the one second. Cursor time continues in Real time. But now with the activity taking place in the weaker domain elapsed time there from an interactionary point of view or replay optionally takes place. When the elapsed time is up you only consumed 1 second of Real Time while spending hours in the weaker domain of the parsec in question.

Benefits: Office meetings in a parsec. Need one hour? set the travel forces to compress one hour. Come out in a second. Possibly parsecs within parsecs but that may be too deep to even contemplate right now.

All I can say is to go 200 mi/sec takes some kind of force to be harnessed in a holding second so that a force comprised of 10 mi/sec can be compressed to allow for 20 seconds of elapsed time. (oops forget to kiss the wife and kids. I'll dive into a parsec and go for it. Oh oh I only has 20 seconds elasped time to spare. Which one will I kiss? Oh man!) I know that life is tough when your trying to figure out what to do with your spare time once in a while.

So compile motion ingredients. Make some kind of super duper fences to hold that combined force so that there is leverage for the greater force to repel the weaker one while maintaining the framework of one second real time. Then expend the stronger one with elapsed recoil from the weaker one helping to aid the forward momentum. Time the completion to that of a prompt of Universal quantum computer cursor time. And have fun the first time that it is used of course! It must have been hard work to figure that out you know. Why not a sane reward for Rick? Let's be practical. He doesn't say much because he doesn't have too. So if he is saying too much for the achieved parsec time allotment we'll just have to deal with the rest of his comment in Real Time I guess sooner or later. wow!

Oh ya. Very theoretically speaking.

P.j.S
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Jun 18, 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #4

God

Member No.: 4768

Time travel backwards is illogical. There could possibly be pseudo-travel but this is debatable. "Time travel" forwards is possible.

It would require for the universe to work in a different way as we know it. The logic is rather simple and easy to understand.

Any point in time is really the sum of all atoms as they are at a certain point in time. The universe constantly works on action and reaction. To travel backwards you would have to simulataneously reverse all reactions of all atoms at precisely the same time.

Which, makes no sense.

And even if you did manage to reverse all atoms back to the previous state, you would not have actually travelled backwards in time, rather you would have changed the future to APPEAR as if it were in the past. However you would still be technically in the future.

It would work as such

Past - Present - Past - Future

The time keeps flowing, it just looks like the past. Its like if you freeze water, then thaw it, then refreeze it. Has the water travelled backwards in time? no, you have just reversed it to the state it used to be in.

Time travel forwards simply means changing your relation to space time. Basically, changing it until the future arrives and you are relatively unchanged.

Once you add in multiverse theories it gets a little more complicated. Really this is not a simple question, because if you theoretically have a multiverse in which there is another universe identical to ours which is at the exact point in the past, then maybe you can travel to that universe. However, none of this has been proven. It really comes down to how do you define time travel first of all and then, is the many worlds interpretation valid, and it goes on and on. There is really a lot to it.

The answer really comes down to, as it stands, no. However there is the possibility depending on whether or not various theories of physics are valid.
+Quote Post
P.j.S
post Jun 19, 2009, 02:52 AM
Post #5

Overlord

There is some Rich Clarity that merges with what has been speculatively said on the thread already.

One needs to appreciate the efforts of other people's ideas.

1) a Halo Deck? (okay spelling definitely speculative this time)
It is in forward Real Time but is not a parsec because Real for others continues while the recreation is being had. But the "Deck" opens up to life like dimensions in apparent size and other lifelike factors.
But if that was all compressed in to one standard second of forward real time then only a second would be consumed while "lifelike setting provided by the "Deck" would make optional functions available in parsec elapsed time.

2) a movie wher a sphere (got to love that) falls and hits the water with a person inside. The fall took maybe 2 or 3 seconds but the person inside experienced 18 hrs. of recorded time with her apparent father as presented. I have had my thoughts about time for a long time but I have to admit this movie may that sub-consciously played of my mind too although I have always regulated my parsec time to a second. But according to the movie as just described perhaps there is enough force to alternatively elapse longer in real time as in parsec time at the same time for some form of necessity or optional benfit.

The plans for the sphere escaped me. I only say bits and pieces of the movie.

The Time and Seasons of our History should be locked. Who wants to risk bringing a virus of mayhem to a peaceful condition possibly achieved somehow? "Fifth Element" wow wow!! (bump the exclamation mark over! this is a serious "wow") You see with free will and free moral choice some bad guy could co-operate with a "death star" to try and enrich himself and risk everybody else's welfare. The lesson Seal Past events of times with evil particularly so that no-one can tamper with them. How? just don't go there.

I call the Fifth Element the "Element of Surprize". Earth wind water fire and surprize! (BTW surprize contains aspects of surprise).

So it may be regular rythematic forward Real Time of Quantum cursor unstoppable seconds tuned throughout the Universe. But in a forward second a parsec of elaspsed time for useful purposes with combined forces of travel re-distributed to effectly compress within a Real Second of forward time.

God has a perfect memory. Maybe in the future He would feel more like helping us with time management if we could befriend Him a little more as a group of people trying harder to live right and please Him better.

Jesus said "All things are possible with God".

P.j.S : P. J.S.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Jun 19, 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #6

Supreme God

We forward time travel every day. We can speed it up by moving faster. If I get in a space ship and travel at 99% of the speed of light for just a few years of my time, when I return to Earth I will be a few thousand years in the future. Time dilation is part of Einstein's special relativity.
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Jun 19, 2009, 02:28 PM
Post #7

Supreme God

Member No.: 845

QUOTE(maximus242 @ Jun 19, 2009, 06:35 AM) *
"Time travel" forwards is possible.
Hey yes, I'm doing it. See it was 23:27:26pm when I started this. Now it's 23:28:09. Weeeeeee - I'm flying !!!!! biggrin.gif

But I can't go back. sad.gif
+Quote Post
P.j.S
post Jun 19, 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #8

Overlord

That was in general relativity maybe. Just saying some specific examples of distances and times would be nice.

Left and time?
Went so far at such a speed and stayed for so long?
Come home and Time at such a speed (hopefully the same speed as before)
Arrive when? and how is this not in everyone's future anyway? I have missed your point somehow. sorry!

+Quote Post
Phi
post Jun 20, 2009, 04:48 AM
Post #9

God

Member No.: 25755

F time travel....I'm too busy working on the project that applies to me right now to give it up and start over.
+Quote Post
P.j.S
post Jun 20, 2009, 05:15 AM
Post #10

Overlord

QUOTE(Phi @ Jun 20, 2009, 04:48 AM) *

F time travel....I'm too busy working on the project that applies to me right now to give it up and start over.

If you want too post a topic about it.
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jun 20, 2009, 05:35 AM
Post #11

God

Theres a time and place, but be sure that I will when I have more clout to speak. I don't even know how long it will take, or if the goal will be achieved in my lifetime, or if I speak about it somebody could be able to straight up steal it(I wouldn't care about that though because the more that people utilize this the better). I'd like to have the chance to really start applying it as a respectable science before I will decide to share it entirely.
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Jun 20, 2009, 08:41 PM
Post #12

God

Member No.: 4768

QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Jun 19, 2009, 04:28 PM) *

QUOTE(maximus242 @ Jun 19, 2009, 06:35 AM) *
"Time travel" forwards is possible.
Hey yes, I'm doing it. See it was 23:27:26pm when I started this. Now it's 23:28:09. Weeeeeee - I'm flying !!!!! biggrin.gif

But I can't go back. sad.gif

Haha Hey Hey you never cease to make me laugh.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Jun 22, 2009, 07:46 AM
Post #13

Supreme God

QUOTE(P.j.S @ Jun 19, 2009, 05:56 PM) *

Arrive when? and how is this not in everyone's future anyway? I have missed your point somehow. sorry!

It is in their future and mine, but I would still be alive and relatively young, but all my friends I knew on Earth would be dead a thousand years when I return from my relativistic flight. Try reading some of the science popularizers' books on relativity. Isaac Asimov comes to mind.

By the way, such relativistic flights aren't really possible, unless there's some alien technology for space warping propulsion that I don't know about. Star Trek type space ships use phony ideas about technology.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Jun 23, 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #14

Supreme God

Member No.: 3458

Rumors say that some DMT elves can travel in time: forward and back. But those are only rumors...
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jun 23, 2009, 04:55 AM
Post #15

God

how come they don't like to share?
+Quote Post
P.j.S
post Jun 23, 2009, 12:01 PM
Post #16

Overlord

From the Lunar South Pole:
"Then there is the bent space of the Earth. Darklight beams carry "burning dust from the sun to the earth. The burning dust is capable of near visible light speed. The carrier beam bounces of the bent space of the earth causing the uniform blue sky and the dust hurls straight down to the earth at close to 186000/sec as visible light.

Therefore a c^2 carrier beam of darklight goes at least 186000*186000 miles/sec, It strikes the earth's bent space and releases its payload of light (if I remember correctly from my notes). The irrational number digit string from specific square roots coated sky, keeps Space c^2 fabric from penetrating what has been created already.

So c^2 speed is approximately 186000*186000 = 34596000000 mi/sec. The earth is about 93000000 miles away from the sun so "dust oriented light" on a carrier beam would take
93000000/34596000000 = 0.002688172043010752688... of a second, for light to get from the sun to the earth.
"

0.002688172043010752688... of a second Real Time for a c^2 carrier beam from the sun with a visible light payload would be the equivalent of 1 second of 372 darklight beams each carrying a force of visible light per second.

That could make 372 darklight beams and parsecs deep within one second of real time theoretically speaking. Each parsec would compress 1 c^2 of darklight with 1 second of visible light with whatever the view time might be at. Say for example that of 20 seconds of force of 10 miles/second compressed by that of 200 mi/sec.

1) darklight compressed 0.002688172043010752688... of a second Real Time
2) visible light compressed force of 186000 mi/sec
3) force of 200 mi/sec compressed
4) force of 10 mi/sec compressed resulting in 20 seconds elapsed time within 0.002688172043010752688... of a second Real Time

This does not account for the elapsed time of the force of visible light within the darklight part of the Real Second itself.

In time natural parsecs may be waiting at the ready to be discovered in Darklight mode.

E= mc^2 Revised by PJS

P.j.S
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Jun 24, 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #17

Supreme God

QUOTE(P.j.S @ Jun 23, 2009, 09:01 PM) *

"Then there is the bent space of the Earth. Darklight beams carry "burning dust from the sun to the earth. The burning dust is capable of near visible light speed. The carrier beam bounces of the bent space of the earth causing the uniform blue sky and the dust hurls straight down to the earth at close to 186000/sec as visible light.

Therefore a c^2 carrier beam of darklight goes at least 186000*186000 miles/sec, It strikes the earth's bent space and releases its payload of light (if I remember correctly from my notes). The irrational number digit string from specific square roots coated sky, keeps Space c^2 fabric from penetrating what has been created already.

So c^2 speed is approximately 186000*186000 = 34596000000 mi/sec. The earth is about 93000000 miles away from the sun so "dust oriented light" on a carrier beam would take
93000000/34596000000 = 0.002688172043010752688... of a second, for light to get from the sun to the earth.
"

0.002688172043010752688... of a second Real Time for a c^2 carrier beam from the sun with a visible light payload would be the equivalent of 1 second of 372 darklight beams each carrying a force of visible light per second.

That could make 372 darklight beams and parsecs deep within one second of real time theoretically speaking. Each parsec would compress 1 c^2 of darklight with 1 second of visible light with whatever the view time might be at. Say for example that of 20 seconds of force of 10 miles/second compressed by that of 200 mi/sec.

4) force of 10 mi/sec compressed resulting in 20 seconds elapsed time within 0.002688172043010752688... of a second Real Time

This does not account for the elapsed time of the force of visible light within the darklight part of the Real Second itself.

In time natural parsecs may be waiting at the ready to be discovered in Darklight mode.

E= mc^2 Revised by PJS

P.j.S
Is this from/for your novel?
+Quote Post
P.j.S
post Jun 24, 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #18

Overlord

QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Jun 24, 2009, 11:34 AM) *

QUOTE(P.j.S @ Jun 23, 2009, 09:01 PM) *

"

E= mc^2 Revised by PJS

P.j.S
Is this from/for your novel?

From Theory Space 0/0 Dynamics, Hey Hey. I thought the whole topic was theoretical!

P.j.S
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Jun 24, 2009, 11:44 AM
Post #19

Supreme God

I noticed that in your initialized signature, you fail to put a period after 'S'. Is there a reason for this? If so, is it to do with mathematics?
+Quote Post
P.j.S
post Jun 24, 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #20

Overlord

QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Jun 24, 2009, 11:44 AM) *

I noticed that in your initialized signature, you fail to put a period after 'S'. Is there a reason for this? If so, is it to do with mathematics?

More a personal moment between my children and me.
It signafies the School P.j.S Original Mathematics & Related Sciences.

P.j.S : PJS (inconjunction with PJS my other initials on this site and others I suppose)

All Rights Reserved!
P.J.S. --> Peter Jeffrey Spencer

Now more simplicitally --> P.j.S (please read introduce yourself).

+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Jun 25, 2009, 10:37 AM
Post #21

Supreme God

QUOTE(P.j.S @ Jun 24, 2009, 08:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Jun 24, 2009, 11:44 AM) *

More a personal moment between my children and me.
It signafies the School P.j.S Original Mathematics & Related Sciences.

P.j.S : PJS (inconjunction with PJS my other initials on this site and others I suppose)

All Rights Reserved!
P.J.S. --> Peter Jeffrey Spencer

Now more simplicitally --> P.j.S (please read introduce yourself).
Do the same mathematics and related sciences still work for you when you are off the drugs?
+Quote Post
Enki
post Jul 05, 2009, 04:33 PM
Post #22

Supreme God

Member No.: 3458

The Enigma of Time Traveling is still in Shadow

So, why Maya calendar ends at 21 December 2012, could they travel in time using Magic Mushrooms like DMT self transforming machine elves?
Does the Transformers from the movies are the DMT self transforming machine elves?
Shall somebody ever publish a real scientific book over real physics discarding the censored once?
How long humans shall remain food for 'Gods'?
Why Cicero was beheaded on 7 December 43 AD?
Why Aris'Tot'El joined eternity on 7 March 322 AD?
Why Pl'Aton joined eternity on 347 BC?
Why word ATON is so similar to word NATO?
Why guys from Bones & Skulls like number 322?
What is Enigma 23/17? [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Illuminatus!_Trilogy]
What stands behind the Zeitgeist movie?

Are these questions a bull shit?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 10:58 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles